PDA

View Full Version : Inteliframe - Safety not working.. Sear rod?

dawump
07-29-2002, 12:40 PM
Hi guys,

Firstly.. the inteliframe? Awesome. Looks great, feels great and arrived ahead of schedule ;-)

My safety isn't working though, and I think that the sear rod ( correct terminology? ) is too long. When gassed up the tip of this rod is already touching the trigger. When the trigger is pulled with the safety on there is an "almost fired" sound with gas then escaping down the barrel.

If I do need to adjust my sear rod, what is the correct length for a level 7 mag? Also, can you be as exact as possible what the measurement is, eg tip of rod to pivot pin or tip to rod when at when at right angles to sear body.. you know what I mean.

I adjusted this way back when I was having trigger problems ( solved with a powertube spacer kit ) so it wouldn't suprise me if it is slightly out.

Thanks

Keith

Remington
08-23-2002, 04:25 PM
I believe it's supposed to be 1.985" and I think its from the sear rod tip to the pivot point.

Omicron
08-24-2002, 12:28 AM
What should the trigger rod length be?
Measure from the back of the sear fulcrum to the tip of the trigger rod. The length for carbon fiber frames should be 1.980” and 1.990” for an aluminum frame.

Cristobal
08-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Yeah, the trigger rod should not be touching the trigger at rest. When gassed up, but at rest, there should be a gap of about 1/16 inch (~1.6mm) between the end of the rod and the trigger.