PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year has past.... Electric Frame Tom?

Wackomin
07-29-2002, 03:29 PM
I was doing some research on electric frames and came across a post that stated Tom was looking into making an electric frame with no frills just an electric trigger... but its by AGD..

Tom is it still in the chalk board.... The low in cash AO'ers are still wondering.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4590&highlight=hyperframe

OldSchoolMag
07-29-2002, 03:37 PM
I'm fairly certain this idea was scrapped, the Emag is the electro Mag, or you can get a Hyper frame for your old Mag. I haven't heard anything about this in at least 6 months.

OSM

Dubstar112
07-29-2002, 04:44 PM
Wack, if you want an electric frame for your mag get a centerflag or mako frame.. They work good enough to the point that there doesnt need to be another model of a mag e frame. I had a hyper. it was good, sold it used for 150. look around.

Wackomin
07-29-2002, 05:12 PM
It's not the issue of getting a frame... It's getting one that deals with all the tolerance issues and to be a brand whore.... :D I like to have everything one brand, so if I have any issues i just have to deal with one company.

In all actuallity I'd like to get it done correctly and I believe that AGD would take into account the Level 10 upgrades and Bolt wear issue.

Any thoughts.... AGD?

OldSchoolMag
07-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Level 10... and electro... and a Mag... hmmmm...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Xtreme Emag anyone?

OSM

AGD
07-29-2002, 07:03 PM
No time to work on that right now. Aluminum bodies for the regular guns are next.

AGD

rx2
07-29-2002, 07:04 PM
Actually, I don't think that it would be too bad of an idea, if executed properly. Whether or not that is possible is something to consider though. It isn't a cut and dry issue.

In recent dealings with store owners, I have discussed the position of AGD several times. All have been intrigued by the level 10, and believe that it would help to rectify some of the problems the company has, but they all say that they find it increasingly difficuly to either recommend Automags, or sell them.

A substantial portion of buyers either don't know of Automags, have heard bad things, or are young kids who are looking for something flashy and electronic, but without the hefty price that AGD markers go for.

For the price of a standard, no-frills Mag, someone can get a decent electro marker that, while perhaps not as durable as a Mag, has an easier trigger, will not short-stroke, and will work with CO2 out of the box.

For less than an E-Mag, one can choose from assorted quatlity electros. Again, they may not be of as high a quality, or as fast, but they are more than enough for most people, and can be quite reliable. Some will also run well on CO2.

Electros are what is hot, and will probably be the standard rather soon. So, it seems that AGD is sort of pigeon-holed as far as the niche it fills. Unless you are willing to drop a bit of cash, or are an AGD fanatic, chances are you will not be looking at a E-Mag. And, for those who are looking at markers in that price range, many would rather go with something more flashy, and with less stigma. Even if the E-Mag rips, and now will not break paint, they tend to avoid it based on heresay and myth. We must not forget the RT, but even that is pricey, and again, it isn't as interesting to most buyers as an electro.

All of this taken together, AGD IS in a slightly disfavorable position. This should shift a bit with the new advances, but again, a large percentage of the market will be left out in the mid level or entry players on a budget, but with perfomance in mind.

It is not that AGD really catered to that player before, as they were always about high-end markers. Only with recent introductions of electros and the like did the price of the standard Mags drop to where they are. AGD did quite fine selling what they did and at whay price they did. Perhaps now, as before, AGD should focus on the high-end, and not worry about participating in the lower-level markets. If the new extremes are a success, only then should they begin to worry about it. Producing a lower-cost electronic alternative may be pricey, and if unsuccessful, would be detrimental to the company. Also, there are aftermarket E-frames.

Still, I can't help but think that AGD is missing out a bit. A good, lower-cost electronic Mag, or even AGD quality E-frame would boost the standings of the company. It would also be nice for those "Classic" Mag owners who may feel sort of pushed to the wayside, wanting more performance out of their beloved marker, but without the high price of an E-Mag, or the problems of after-market mods by third-party manufacturers. An AGD-spec frame, or lower-cost electro could fill that void. Even refining the process and cutting costs on current markers could help.

Whatever the case may be, I am sure this is all something that AGD has considered in its plannings. They have more insight than we do, and I am sure that they have their reasons for not putting out such a project before committing to something like the new bodies. It would have been a nice thing to see, perhaps, but it may not be the best decision right now, or even after the aluminum bodies come out.

Dubstar112
07-29-2002, 10:38 PM
AGD has more things going for them than to make a product that somone already makes (Tom said that just above me). The centerflag product is supported by thier outstanding service. THey will fit it to your gun and make it right for free! Trust me. (my opinions, based on fact)

this is sorta like begging WDP to make a frame for a spyder. Its a hella good idea, lots of people who might buy it, but the development costs money, which might not be made back from the sale of the product.

demonguy8
07-29-2002, 10:49 PM
My only stipulation would be (if possible) make the frame so that with the RT valve it will be in hybrid mode (elctro with the REACTIVE trigger.. since I believe the elcd and centerflag frames onyl take advantage of the rts nill dropoff and not the actual rt :D

DiRTyBuNNy
07-30-2002, 03:48 AM
Ooohh...hhhmmm..imagine a supermag with an AGD eIntelli frame...oooohhh...that'd be the bees knees man....

felony
07-30-2002, 01:47 PM
as for those saying just get a Emag or extreme mag, that is fine and dandy, but i dont have the money to dish out like that. sure i want a EMag extreme when it comes out, but I will not pay a thousand plus dollars on one or any gun for that matter.

i think Wack has a good point though any electro trigger made would have the same effect. not everyone will buy the Emag. they want to keep their own customized gun how they like it at least i do. a simple electro frame would be great. no full auto or burst, just a electro trigger for mouseclick like shooting. id be all over that. but maybe im the only one.

now if someone wanted to buy my mag, i could maybe get 500 for everything i wanted to sell, MAYBE. then that is still 500 for the emag. i would much rather get the electro grip for 200 bucks. that is just me

dan