PDA

View Full Version : Warp feed problem

sanku X
07-29-2002, 09:03 PM
I have to admit that I stopped using my warpfeed because I found it to be unreliable.

It has a tendency to stop turning if the balls are not feeding. I know the gripper wheels are supposed to slip over the balls, but mine doesn't. The motor is turning, but the belt is slipping on the pulley instead of turning the wheels.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do?

virus
07-29-2002, 10:06 PM
i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you were using the rps/pmi advantage shell ballz......

i had this problem with them... in anycase make sure you use a fresh name brand battery and even look into the 12v mod from proteam products..... that will give the warp a little more umph... the quick fix would be before you start playin next time would be to break open a ball and stick your finger into the warp to lube the disks... it works wonders....

also if you were using the rps/pmi paint i found that after about 3/4 - 1 full case of paint i would have to change out the battery cuz of a noticible slowdown... but i cut my losses on the batteries by using some nihm9.6v 9v batteries

ben_JD
07-30-2002, 02:59 PM
I carry a small bottle of vegetable oil and some cotton swabs in my tool kit. Before I play, I dip a swab in the oil and lightly oil the two Warpfeed discs. I don't have a problem with the Advantage shell with this set-up.

Kevmag
07-30-2002, 03:22 PM
This is pretty strange. Many have reported problem with Advantage/RPS shell balls, while their are several of us that have had no problem what so ever with the same paint.

Smearing vegatable oil or paint on the disc will fix the problem.

I shoot PMI Premium and Big Ball almost exclusively w/ only one problem (dirt got in a pod and I fed it to my revy coving all the paint causing the discs not to slip).

Havoc_online
07-30-2002, 05:04 PM
make sure that's the problem and not fresh batteries and a good ball-stack. also, how used is your warp? I believe you are suposed to have to change the warp belt once or twice a year(so it keeps tension on the motor and discs)...

FrAuStY
07-30-2002, 06:41 PM
How about....make some shims to put between the plastic wheel between the discs and the actual discs. I cut mine out of a manilla folder and they work wonderfully. Keep in mind they only have to be as big as the center of the wheel (black plastic) they will allow adequate space for larger paint to fit in it. I had the same problem.. the oil/broken paint will be a temporary solution but with the shims you don't have to worry about it. Pm me if you want pics.

sanku X
07-30-2002, 08:25 PM
The Warp was pretty new at the time. I had only used it 3 times, and I was using Team Colors Paint.

Am I to understand that I should lube the disks? Where they touch the balls? That doesn't make sense.

A new belt may do the trick, but if so, it sure went bad fast.

Havoc_online
07-30-2002, 09:01 PM
just trust all the warp users and the ppl who designed the warp, lube it...... both sides of the inner discs and the mid thick black disc...