PDA

View Full Version : The Soon to be Infamous "Tounge Video"

AGD
07-29-2002, 09:45 PM
With all the discussions going on around here about sexual conotations in advertising I'm almost afraid to put this up. I also want to mention that I decided NOT to put a cute little mouses head in the breach because I thought it would disturb too many people (see Shartley I do change my mind). This will be part of the video loop running in the booth at Am Open.

For your viewing enjoyment:

"Put your marker where your mouth is!"

Real player 700k (http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/tounge.rm)
AVI 4 meg (http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/tounge1.avi)

wes
07-29-2002, 09:47 PM
lol tom, thats great, but does it shoot paint wiht that setup?

edit: ITS MY COOKIE FOOL!

you gotta rightclick-save as i think :)

edit number 2: now i look stoopid becaues irbodden deleated his post....:D

irbodden
07-29-2002, 09:50 PM
Tom, you could of haved a model put her tongue in there and it would be 'sexual' but not anything 'out of line'. And if would have turned heads without being out of line..

BenD
07-29-2002, 09:50 PM
no no no no no a mouse head would be the greates thing....

or at least some small animal... a rat mabye, or a garder snake's head.... or a little lizard...

or no no the best

pick a goldfish out of water, put him in there .... then put him back in his bowl and show him swimming around again

that would RULE

irbodden
07-29-2002, 09:52 PM
Wes- He was just goofy for me, I tried again and it worked.

Heheh

personman
07-29-2002, 09:54 PM
Dear lord Tom, I hope you cleaned that.
:)

Coaster
07-29-2002, 09:54 PM
i don't even want to think what would happen with a stock mag bolt..

personman
07-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Coaster
i don't even want to think what would happen with a stock mag bolt..
Lets just say he would have a trendy imprint on his tounge. :)

AGD
07-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Huuummmm Goldfish...... got to think about that one.

AGD

FordPrefect
07-29-2002, 10:02 PM
Tom, if you did do a goldfish one, that would just be awesome.

Unless the bolt keeps going:eek:

Coaster
07-29-2002, 10:05 PM
i would not use any sort of animal. In the unlikely event that something could happen,the law would come after you!

BenD
07-29-2002, 10:10 PM
then just have a little kid do it.,..... have a little kid pull the trigger...

he wont get in trouble..

it's like in some parts of Canada the little kids are encouraged to kill gesse stinking up the beach.... big trouble if your a grown up (they is protected) but nobody cares if a little kid does it...

whoever came up with that goldfish idea I forget who... should get a free C&C emag :p

Sinnet
07-29-2002, 10:11 PM
tom- how about a cute little teddy bear putting his paw in the breach... he could have a :-0 face before, and a :) face after the trigger is pulled :)

or... how about a Mr. Bill episode featuring lvl 10 and lvl 7! :)

Lone Gunman
07-29-2002, 10:16 PM
Uh, animals... bad idea. You know how many PeopleEattingTastyAnimals people would be jumping down your throat Tom?

sanku X
07-29-2002, 10:20 PM
Your tounge Tom?

I don't even want to know what other things you guys were sticking in that...

magman007
07-29-2002, 10:25 PM
lol, what i think you should do is have a cheasy video of the mouse and its head exploding with lvl 7( fake of course, make it even look fake), then show another mouse doing it and being ok (under lvl 10)

virus
07-29-2002, 10:26 PM
hmm... i could see TK gettin a new nickname if he started using animals.... Tom "OZZY" Kaye =)

myself i am probly disturbed enough to get a kick out of animals being used.... then again i can watch movies along the lines of Faces of death and the such while eating, make gross comments to others in the room with me to the point that they have to stop eating or risk hurling =)

Greg98
07-29-2002, 10:48 PM
i know most of you guys are joking about the animals.... but i think that it would be sick to do that, even to a mouse. it would terrify them, and even tho it's just a mouse thats not really fair to the animal :( i'm not a tree hugger, i just have a big soft spot for animals (a big one for my dog, i say i love you more to my dog then my parents LOL) so please noone ever try to use a level 10 on an animal, i think that would just be terrible.

ps- if you guys were just joking, sorry. it's sometimes hard to tell on this forum! :confused: lol

FactsOfLife
07-29-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by AGD
I also want to mention that I decided NOT to put a cute little mouses head in the breach because I thought it would disturb too many people (see Shartley I do change my mind).

we want the mouse head dammit!:p

mouse head
mouse head
mouse head

FactsOfLife
07-29-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Lone Gunman
Uh, animals... bad idea. You know how many PeopleEattingTastyAnimals people would be jumping down your throat Tom?

fine, then let THEM stick THEIR tongues in a level 7 mag...

personman
07-29-2002, 11:03 PM
USE A GOLD FISH CRACKER! YEAH! IT WOULD WORK TOO!:D

riooso
07-29-2002, 11:11 PM
LOL. You are psychotic.

personman
07-29-2002, 11:13 PM
I can see it now.
'Cant crunch a cracker. Level Ten.' - Airgun Designs
YEAHHH!!! w00t

BTAutoMag
07-29-2002, 11:38 PM
could someone change the formatt to mpeg?

TransMan
07-30-2002, 12:08 AM
Hmmm i do believe i want to see a gold fish in there and im not joking and if it blows up just dont put that video up.

nutz
07-30-2002, 02:16 AM
i dont know how much pressure the level 10 puts on ur tongue tom but if u put ur tongue in there like that it certainly wouldnt do any more damage to a goldfish than picking it up would...

lol just dont go too over board with ur videos...

Miscue
07-30-2002, 03:26 AM
That's actually a Level 7... what TK didn't tell you is that he has an amazing tongue from years of exercise.

manike
07-30-2002, 04:33 AM
I don't think you should use any animals in the testing of this... apart from elves ;) (if they count as animals? :) )

It's certainly a very cool video, although you should have used Dawn Mill's or my tongue as we'd be able to touch the bottom of the breech not just halfway down the bolt ;)

Putting some other very delicate things in there is a good idea. Maybe grapes or maltesers or similar. You could offer them on the stand by the gun, telling people they can only eat them if they put them 'through the breech' first...

Oh and I think learning how to spell Tongue might be a good idea, eh? ;)

manike

Thordic
07-30-2002, 07:15 AM
I will personally do the goldfish video if spacemanspiff lets me put a fish near his baby :)

But Tom, I REALLY think a Mr. Bill video would be awesome :)

dansim
07-30-2002, 07:58 AM
get a small ceramic gnome or elf and put him in there then, when it doesnt break in the lv10 put it in to a lvl 7 and say this is what we think of the elf theory! BANG!!!!

Patron God of Pirates
07-30-2002, 08:33 AM
The gun misfires on the third trigger pull, the bolt does not come forward. This may be an issue with frame rates or something, but the other bolt strokes are very clear.

Just a heads up before the Anti-Mag Hype about level 10 becomes: "I heard those don't even fire sometimes"

That is bound to happen anyway as the Mag-Haters grasp at straws, but you don't want to run proof in an AGD booth do you?

EDIT: It does make the sound as if had fired a full shot. You'll probably be able to see the stroke better in a higher quality vid.

manike
07-30-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by dansim
get a small ceramic gnome or elf and put him in there then, when it doesnt break in the lv10 put it in to a lvl 7 and say this is what we think of the elf theory! BANG!!!!

I like it... but with a little embellishment...

Make them from marzipan or something... put one into a level 10 mag and show that it's ok, (then bite it's head off :D )

Then put one into another gun and watch it's head get smashed off :)

"There goes the elves theory"

synreal
07-30-2002, 08:44 AM
i say skip the cute furry mouse in the breech, what you need to do is truck on down to your local day care center and see if you can 'borrow' a 6 month old for a few minutes. Just tell the parents that you want to put their little <strike>porker</strike> darling in a movie, have them sign on the dotted line, and you are set ;)

little kids <b>do</b> put their hands in the strangest places...

mxracer33x
07-30-2002, 10:17 AM
Put a gummy bears head in front of a level 7 mag..."whop..its head rolls out the barrel, put it in a level 10 mag, and it just peachy, till you eat it.

But I personally still like the gold fish idea. :p

Jonno06
07-30-2002, 11:37 AM
lol...

goldfish cracker is the bestest idea...

(p.s..i hate when people spell "tongue" like "tounge"...)

personman
07-30-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Jonno06
lol...

goldfish cracker is the bestest idea...

(p.s..i hate when people spell "tongue" like "tounge"...)
damn strait!
lol I dont know why more people like my idea..
I even supply agd with the goldfish cracker!
It will have to be spicy chedder yay!

bigsarge72
07-30-2002, 12:16 PM
OK, first, I must say that I am leaning more towards buying a C&C Mag just so I can stay on the message board. You guys are HILARIOUS!
Secondly, if we are gonna stick something in a lvl 7 mag, I say we stick Barney's head in there!
Ok, maybe his head is too big...
But the Mr. Bill idea is great!
First you put Mr. Bill in the lvl 10...gun fires, Mr. Bill is ok and feels he has escaped disaster, then...
"Ok, Mr. Bill, time for the lvl 7 test..."
Mr. Bill, "OH NO! Not the lvl 7! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
(Mr. Bill's head rolls to the floor).
And if you aren't old enough to know who/what Mr. Bill is, ask your Mom and Dad! (lol)

sarge

PS Tom, I was wondering what a "TOUNGE" is, because it says there is a "TOUNGE" video in the Thread title, but I only saw the "TONGUE" video...Maybe my computer didn't download that part =)

personman
07-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Mr. Bill is awesome! yay
OH NO MR. BILL!

martlet1
07-30-2002, 03:39 PM
i'm personally up for a goldfish.. both on level 7 and 10... hehe.

I love the video. Any chance of aquiring Gene Simmons for future tongue torture???

Sooky
07-30-2002, 05:02 PM
I'm up for the goldfish idea too!

Just at the end put in captions at the bottom: "no animals were harmed during the making of this video". Or "fish", for that matter...

aaron_mag
07-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Okay I have to be the tree hugger here. I know you guys are just joking about the 6 month year old and the animals but I HAVE to protest.

You can start Flaming now.....

:D

Clare
07-30-2002, 07:55 PM
I'm also against using an animal..they may not be harmed but it still wouldn't look good

bigsarge72
07-31-2002, 03:29 AM
That's why we need to use Mr. Bill!

sarge

WARPED1
07-31-2002, 08:36 PM
MR.BIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLL!

paintball8869
07-31-2002, 09:30 PM
What happened on the 3rd shot? The bolt didn't move forward like it had before?

paintballrulzs
07-31-2002, 09:31 PM
"Level 10, Tom puts his tougue behind it"

spyderman15
07-31-2002, 09:54 PM
everyone get your head out of you a$$'s, yes even you tom, and respond to the 2 previous posts about the 3rd shot NOT MOVING, a little FISHY (no pun intended to the goldfish posts)

PEACE

manike
08-01-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by spyderman15
everyone get your head out of you a$$'s, yes even you tom, and respond to the 2 previous posts about the 3rd shot NOT MOVING, a little FISHY (no pun intended to the goldfish posts)PEACE

Nothing fishy in the slightest. You can hear the shot clearly, I expect it's just that the compression of the video lost most of the frames which showed it.

It is completely possible to do this. Once I get my tank back I'll copy it, trouble is that I have already seen when taking mpegs with my camera is that you can lose fast movements :(

manike

warpfeedmod
08-01-2002, 06:59 AM
that is perhaps the coolest thing I've ever seen. Oh and the gun is nice too :p

warpfeedmod
08-01-2002, 07:12 AM
heheh I was bored:

http://www.whatisthebinty.com/images/level10/tongue.jpg

spyderman15
08-01-2002, 11:35 AM
manike, i dont think that is the case, i mean every other shot was perfectly visible...im waiting for an answer from tom, us viewers can speculate all we want, i wanna see how tom is gonna explain this one tho

AGD
08-01-2002, 11:48 AM
Spyder,

Yee of little faith..... You really think I would fake something like this?? Remember that the internet video IS CRAPPY because its only 15 frames per second. Lets do the math, 1000/15 = 66 ms per frame. The bolt cycles in way less time than this so it is highly likely that you would miss the bolt stroke. Come to Am Open and watch the real video and you will see that everything is as it should be.

AGD

ps watch the language we dont get around the cuss filter here.

aaron_mag
08-01-2002, 12:04 PM
This video is good but the one that really impressed me was the Emag shooting 20 balls per second without breaking a ball....give that one some time at the am open as well if possible:D

spyderman15
08-01-2002, 01:13 PM
well how come every other shot came in then? if the bolt was that fast that is exceeded the frame rate, then no shots should have showed

Patron God of Pirates
08-01-2002, 01:25 PM
well how come every other shot came in then? if the bolt was that fast that is exceeded the frame rate, then no shots should have showed

I questioned earlier and then corrected myself for this reason; it made the sound of a full shot.

If you have gone through the process of setting up the Lv.10 you know that it doesn't make that sound on a misfire. The only explanation is that we didn't see it because of the frame rate.

Furthermore, you suggestion that we should have seen it because we saw the others is silly. The others fell within the visible frame count, that shot did not.

spyderman15
08-01-2002, 01:43 PM
now that i think of how the mag works, ur right about that shot without the bolt "moving", this has happened before with the LEV10E movie...its a demonstration of howe the bolt stops on a paintball, then he breaks it over the gun to show its a real ball, i have this wierd feeling about it, but until i can get proof of anything my projection wont go anywhere

aaron_mag
08-01-2002, 03:47 PM
Hey spyderman. Why don't you just resolve to see one of these babies in action once the level 10 is wide spread. Then you can see if it was all some sort of strange conspiracy and every third shot misfires or it was just had to do with the frame.

The fact is that almost everyone that has posted here that actually has the level 10 raves about it. We haven't seen one post about how they misfire every third shot (or even every once in awhile). Besides if you don't rush out and order it maybe mine will be shipped sooner :rolleyes:

spyderman15
08-01-2002, 04:46 PM
i have 2 friends with them, one had it working for a little bit then it jsut chopped everything, even after he tried different setups after..and another friend had it working for about 10 shots then would work, i worked on it for 2 days after that, nothing...then it decided to go in full auto...tom that gun happens to be on its way to you as we speak...as for the first gun, i think he sold the level 10

im not syaing its bad, im jstu wondering why there couldnt be a generic level 10 that fit everything, or at least a specific one for each brand (level 7, rt, emag, etc)

WARPED1
08-01-2002, 04:51 PM
Let me guess,you shoot a low end gun?Like a SPYDER?
The lvl 10 retrofits into ANY AGD gun at all.

spyderman15
08-01-2002, 04:56 PM
i shoot a gz actually, just came off a dark angel buddy :)

i didnt make myself clear i guess, i mean why do you have to mess around with different springs and carriers, why wouldnt 1 certain pair work for lets say every rt

WARPED1
08-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Oh,ok,I have no clue on that.I'll let the rt experts settle that one.

InfinatyBPS
08-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
That's actually a Level 7... what TK didn't tell you is that he has an amazing tongue from years of exercise.

HAHA, LOL OMG!!! That was funny, yet disturbing, I'm trying to figure out how he excercised his toungue...:confused: :eek:

FrAuStY
08-01-2002, 07:47 PM
i shoot a gz actually, just came off a dark angel buddy :)

i didnt make myself clear i guess, i mean why do you have to mess around with different springs and carriers, why wouldnt 1 certain pair work for lets say every rt

First, the reason for multiple springs is so you can tune it to be softer on paint and run it at different velocities. I.e. you want a soft impact but want to run at 250, you can't use the longest spring as theres to much force exerted..and by the time it does fire you're up above 250. fix- install a shorter spring and turn the velocity down a little. There are multiple o-ring carriers to take into consideration, the manufacturing differences on o-rings. Some may be softer, harder or thicker,thinner than a previous batch. You use combinations of spring to carrier for the different impactspeeds at different velocity settings.Anyway..I can go on all day and since you didn't already know this, perhaps thats why you never got it working correctly and why your friend didn't get it working correctly. All I can say is I got mine in and running in about 15 minutes.... I got it tweaked in 30 mins. I could set the LVL10 in mine to chop everytime...but thats not the idea!

spyderman15
08-01-2002, 07:52 PM
i know how to install it, we seriously tried every combination 2 or 3 times, we did everything right...which is why its being send to agd at the moment

AGD
08-01-2002, 09:00 PM
Just for Spyder, 30 fps and you have to zoom in to see it clearly. Somehow I feel like complaining but I can hear Shartleys reply stinging in my ears so I'll leave it at this.

AGD

So you can see all the shots realplayer 500k (http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/spyder.rm)

spyderman15
08-01-2002, 09:23 PM
thanks! problem solved

i have to confess something...i did all this because i wanted to see more movies of toms tongue, i could care les about the bolt

....jk ;)

aaron_mag
08-02-2002, 10:32 AM
I cannot believe you posted another video because of one doubting spyder. That is pretty cool.

I suppose I should thank you spyder. That higher resolution movie was even better. I'll have to drag the wife in here and force her to watch it. :D

manike
08-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
I'll have to drag the wife in here and force her to watch it. :D

be careful that she doesn't get jealous of the gun ;)

manike

WARPED1
08-02-2002, 10:44 AM
As the band 'Queen' said "Another one bites the dust.....":D Kudos to Tom for showing another faithless the light.

aaron_mag
08-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by manike

be careful that she doesn't get jealous of the gun ;)

manike

I should have known someone would say something like that!!!! The scary thing is she's already jealous of my precious Automag (not for the reason you are citing Manike:D ) Maybe I better not show her the video since I've told her my Level 10 is ordered.....

xtreme paintball
08-03-2002, 10:27 PM
OR, there's always the off(or not so off ) chance that she will approve of such activities, that he may get some much needed "exercise". ;) ;) Wink Wink...Nod Nod...:D

manatee warrior
11-28-2003, 05:53 PM
thats sweet

Cryer
11-28-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by manatee warrior
thats sweet

Thats old:p ;)