PDA

View Full Version : stupid question but what is a HaloB ?

CFD323
07-29-2002, 10:17 PM
I would assume it's an updated version of the original Halo ? What's the difference ? And are these things worth the money ?

'Mag
07-29-2002, 10:26 PM
B = Belt Drive

22+ BPS

'Nuff said

sanku X
07-29-2002, 10:31 PM
The Halo is a Gear Driven force feed hooper that is one of the fastest hoppers on the market. An issue that came up is that the feed system would sometimes push too hard on the balls while waiting for the gun to fire. Since the Halo on spins when it detects a space, the bolt tries to fire a ball that has a ton of pressure being applied from above, and a broken ball can result. If the feed neck has the right amount of space this won't happen.

My Timmy chops, but my mag works just fine. I was too lazy to sand down the neck of my Halo to fit more into my vertical adapter and fix the problem with my Timmy.

The people at Odyssey Paintball fixed the problem by coming out with the Halo B.

The Halo B is a newer version that replaces the gear system with a belt drive, so that the system has more give, and there is not so much pressure on the balls when the system is waiting for you to fire the gun.

Is it worth it? That is up to you, but I love mine, and it is a great choice if you don't want to use the Warp Feed....Check out the LVL 10 video of Tom shooting an eMag at 20 bps...that is a Halo feeder...

'Mag
07-29-2002, 10:39 PM
Yeah, mine's great. If you have a powerfeed you'll need to get the parabolic feed plug. I didn't have one, and it put so much pressure on the ball stack, that it would jam at the 90* turn. The parabolic plug fixes that, and now I have a vertical feed micro body so it works great.

Aranarth
07-30-2002, 06:33 PM
You guys failed to mention the other major improvement of B over A. ITS QUIET! The B is probably the quietest hopper out there, barring non-electronic ones. :)
I didn't have the ball breakage problem with the A, but I couldn't stand how loud it was. Made the rico sound quiet.
-AranarthX