PDA

View Full Version : how do YOU pick which insert for freak ?(looking for individual procedures)

demonguy8
07-29-2002, 11:11 PM
Just curious as to what procedures you all use to pick which insert to use when at a field...

Personally Ive been doing the tightest bore where I could blow at least 3 balls thru the barrel (battle swab between for condensation from breath) and then picking either up or down depending on the weather (ie rain,heat,humidity,cold etc..)

*obviously the BEST method would be the one thats most consistant over the chrono but since most if not all ppl dont want to shoot 50-100 balls testing out bore sizes...*

*note to mods: I wasnt sure if this would be a tech forum thing or not but if you guys feel this belongs there then please move it

dropkick1
07-29-2002, 11:45 PM
i don't have one, but usually he picks the one that the ball can be blown through that is the smallest, and he usually blows the balls at me but thats how he does it.

ken

halo13
07-29-2002, 11:57 PM
I've been using a freak for a while now and I can pretty much visually narrow the bore size down to three inserts. Arfter that its just pretty much feeling. I just push the ball through the insert with my finger, and feel what is the best fit. If I have to almost no pressure, its to loose. If while I'm pushing down my finger bends, thats to tight. Usually the best fit is when I press the paint firmly but not hard enough to bend my finger (index).

bigsarge72
07-30-2002, 02:17 PM
Blowing the paintballs through is probably the best test. You should be able to blow them out without causing an aneurism or passing out though :D

sarge

wyn1370
07-30-2002, 02:36 PM
I start by finding the insert that will allow the a ball to role through it. Pick the next smallest one insert. Grab a handfull of the paint I'm using. Then proceed to do the blow test. If it's really warm outside I'll stick with the insert that the balls can roll through.

sniper1rfa
07-30-2002, 03:49 PM
i dont have a freak, but i have a couple barrels.

basically, i set my max to about 103 psi, then i just pick the barrel that shoots 295 fps.