PDA

View Full Version : Good Places For Annodizing??

Cliffio
07-30-2002, 02:19 AM
Where can i get a GOOD anno.?

ive looked at g3pb, maxx, and cobra

so far g3 has the cheapest price

im looking for a single color for an angel so its gonna have a body and 9 extra pieces

g3 is gonna be 120 for the body and up to 10 parts plus dissassemby and reassembly

maxx is 150 for a body and 4 parts, and 20 bucks a part after that, plus assembly....
so around 250

cobra is like 250 for single and 100 for assembly and lots of other stuff, way too much

anybody know anyplace that has fast turnaround time and cheap prices, but does GOOD work?

isnt there a guy over at pbc crazyivan that does it?
anyways, i just wanted to know what you all thought,

i dont want powdercoating, i want annodizing

Cliff

edit-i really would like to spend under 150 bucks but that may not happen, anyways under 200 is a must and under 3 weeks turnaround time 2 would be the best

PigSweat
07-30-2002, 02:21 AM
Cliff! Don't tell me you are re-annoing your sexy angel!

Cliffio
07-30-2002, 02:23 AM
yup fraid so, its gonna be sweet and one of a kind that i can promise

Cliff

PigSweat
07-30-2002, 02:30 AM
It better be....:mad: :mad: :mad:

lol, j/k, I'm sure it will be:D :D

Kevmaster
07-30-2002, 07:31 AM
a place i know:
www.mthux.com does anno. here is some of his work:
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/dangeroustoy/BlueRM.jpg

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/dangeroustoy/purpRM.jpg

ill be sending my RM there shortly to get it annod

****To his prices, they are $40 for one color, $30 for extra colors. however, these do NOT include polishing the body, if you wnat that, that will be $60 extra.

as for G3PB, great guys, but they have about a 3 month turnaround going now....bad!

manike
07-30-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio
anybody know anyplace that has fast turnaround time and cheap prices, but does GOOD work?

You can usually only get two out of three of these options together...

Just be careful, it would be nasty to compromise such a gun.

manike

Linx
07-30-2002, 08:32 AM
As anyone ever tried Fear Factory PB? Their prices are pretty cheap and their work looks good in pictures but I haven't heard anything about them yet.

Also, I was looking at G3 PB's website and I noticed that in the pictures of his personal guns, under a picture of his classic Mag he said it was his favorite. :D

halo13
07-30-2002, 11:59 AM
White wolf is also pretty good, and pretty cheap. He even has bargan days. www.whitewolfairsmithing.com

Cliffio
07-30-2002, 12:38 PM
whitewolf is a con

he also doesnt anno. angels

Nitroduck
07-30-2002, 01:00 PM
I've done business with whitewolf more than once, never had one problem.....Although he is notorious for long turnaround times...

Either way, I'd go with whitewolf. His prices are from $65+ for single color anodizing.

And wolf will anodize Angels IF you send it to him dis-asembled...(LCDs atleast, he wont do LEDs)

Cliffio
07-30-2002, 01:04 PM
i wont be doing anything with whitewolf, it took the man over 3 months to send my gun back to me, without doing a thing to it......so ill no be going there

also, i would like to have it taken apart and then put back together, i would rather not mess it up, its just going to get anno. and then sent in for a cleaning

Cliff

mr_mich
07-30-2002, 01:17 PM
FearFactory Paintball does great work. I think their site is http://www.fearfactorypb.com but I'm not sure.

LittleJP
07-30-2002, 01:27 PM
professionalpaintball.com

they are the guys who make free flows, and I had my matrix anodized by them. It was 90 for everything (single color) including disassembly and reassembly.

Cliffio
07-30-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by LittleJP
professionalpaintball.com

they are the guys who make free flows, and I had my matrix anodized by them. It was 90 for everything (single color) including disassembly and reassembly.

thats funny, they just told me 200

Cliff

headcase
07-30-2002, 02:10 PM
I hate to be a pessimist, but if you NEED to have it back in three weeks, I would consider waiting till you can be apart from it for a longer period of time.

Most places will quote 2 to 4 weeks, but that is just what the shop has been quoted be the annodizer. I've seen the more likely time to be twice that. Since I would assume more than half of the paintball community uses either PK or Annotech, both of those companies tend to fall behind on their time lines.

Once the shop has sent the marker out to anno, it is pretty much out of their hands. So all the calling/E-mailing in the word won't get your marker done faster.

Since it is summer and most people are out playing, you might have better luck then if you tried it in the winter(when less people are playing, and more are having their stuff "tricked" or "pimped" :) )

Good luck to ya.

felony
07-30-2002, 02:11 PM
all these sites are very interesting. i never knew there were so many spots that annoed... lol

i know this is off topic, well kinda, but what are some places that do powder coating for mags as to my knowledge they cant be annoed

dan

Cliffio
07-30-2002, 02:12 PM
yeah your right, i might just go with pro anyways, their price is 200 with assmebly and disassembly as well as a 1 week turn around time

in all not a bad deal

Cliff

magman007
07-30-2002, 03:08 PM
I kon what you said about you not wantinhg to mess any thing up, but, why not doing it in your own basement? i annoed my e-mag and it is beautiful! Worse comes to worse you send your angel in in pieces to TAG? dunno, i m just trying to offer a good, cheep alternative.

Cristobal
07-30-2002, 06:22 PM
Hey magman, what sort of procedure did you follow? I've seen some of the guides for how to do annodize at home and I'm curious to know if you followed one of them in particular or just did your own thing off of your own knowledge.

magman007
07-30-2002, 06:33 PM
well, i think i used theprocedures you gave me! if you dig up the thread i asked about home annodizing, you will see

LittleJP
07-30-2002, 09:40 PM
haha that IS funny, although it stinks for you. What i neglected to mention is that it took 4 months because they broke something and had to have it replaced by diablo. Lol.