PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Pad recommendations?

Arturus
07-30-2002, 12:58 PM
I've visited various Forums and looked through threads, but wanted to ask the AO members for their thoughts. Also did a search on here and couldn't find much on the topic.

What would forum members recommend?

Redz Elbow Pads, Dye Eblow Pads, or the New JT Skinz Eblow Pads.

I've always had good experience with Redz in the past, as I have both their dimension/comfort Harness and Knee Pads. Haven't had a chance to try on their elbow's though.

Then there's Dye - Tried them on, but seemed a little too tight and the stitching on it seemed sub-par.

As for the JT Skinz Elbow Pads for 2002, they're so new, I haven't heard much about them. Here's what they look like -

http://www.paintballgeeks.com./20jtskinelpa.html

Any opinions in the forum? Especially from those who tried more than one of the above?

TheTramp
07-30-2002, 01:32 PM
I haven't tried them ( the elbow pads that is)but like you said, Redz makes nice knee pads so the elbow pads are probably up to the same par.

bigsarge72
07-30-2002, 02:06 PM
I have a set of the Redz elbow pads and they kick butt!!
I am a die-hard Unique pack user, but I have Redz elbow and knee pads, and I won't use anything else.

sarge

spacemanspiff
07-30-2002, 02:36 PM
I've got the Dye ones and they are sweet. I could have gotten them a little bigger but they fit better now I broke them in alittle. I beat the heck out of pads playing front and so far they have held up like a dream.

Arturus
07-30-2002, 07:07 PM
I'm leaning towards the Redz, simply for the fact that I have been satisfied with their past products; as the others are here.

I am tempted to at least try on the new Jt Skinz. Though chances are I'll visit the local store and purchase a Redz pair next week.

Thanks for the responses so far!

Clare
07-30-2002, 07:09 PM
I use the dye pads..they're great!

alf
07-30-2002, 10:06 PM
one of the guys on my team uses dyes...the stitching came out after 1 day of use...the look like they have GREAT padding, though...but, they are hard to put on/take off...specially if youre all sweaty...so, plan on keepin em on most of the time...

i have some redz (from capo)..that are alright...i might be interested in the jts, since the redz dont look like they would keep me from sayin "ow" if i hit a rock with them

-alf

Arturus
07-30-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by alf
i have some redz (from capo)..that are alright...i might be interested in the jts, since the redz dont look like they would keep me from sayin "ow" if i hit a rock with them

-alf

So the padding on the Redz isn't as great as the Dye nor the JT (as far as you can tell with the latter)?

Does the Redz have just enough to slide or lean on?

alf
07-30-2002, 10:35 PM
oh yeah...the redz have plenty to slide on...and they wont ride up to your shoulders....but, i play in dirt, with some rocks, so, if i put my elbow on one of them, it would prolly hurt

go to a store that sells em both (if there is one in your area) and try em out...or hang at your field and talk to the guys that use em, before you make a decision...

-alf

Clare
07-30-2002, 10:47 PM
Im glad the elbow pads are working out for you, alf. I had bought those but they sent me the wrong size so now you have them. :p

As for the dye pads, once you start sweating in them it is kind of a pain to be taking them off and putting them back on again. But, they're grrrreat! :p

sygyzy
07-30-2002, 11:19 PM
Dye pads are the best!

PaInTbALL zAcH
07-30-2002, 11:20 PM
i roll my dye pads down in between games. Youll hate em the first time you wear em but once you play that first game youll love em

DarkRipper
07-31-2002, 11:48 AM
I use the redz elbow pads, they are comfy and do the job.

DR