PDA

View Full Version : how much of a dif does a double trigger frame make?

rhetor22
07-30-2002, 01:50 PM
I've decided i may keep my mag if i can afford to get a double trigger frame. First i need some advice tho.

honestly, over the stock frame, how much of a difference does a double frame make?

I don't think i'm getting an intelli cuz its expensive and i don't think it will fit with my X-chamber which i need.

please convince me to keep my mag.

bigsarge72
07-30-2002, 02:01 PM
It's really a matter of personal preference. Personally, I like double triggers, because I can shoot them faster...but I know people who don't like them because they shoot the single faster.
Best thing to do is find someone that has one and check it out.

sarge

freek133
07-30-2002, 02:44 PM
I have a question also,

You know the double trigger that you have to take out the bottom of the trigger guard on the carbon ones, I didnt really like it, it was very sloppy...

My question is, the intelliframe, does it feel like that trigger previously talked about or is it different overall, I am one of the only people who use mags at my field so I cant really compare because the store doesnt sell mags either.

I have stuck with the single trigger because the feel of the first double trigger didnt suit me very well, I would like to either get an intelliframe or a z grip because I am wanting a change in feel of the gun.

rhetor22
07-30-2002, 02:59 PM
i'm the only one with a mag also.

i guess it just depends if i can get the money or not.

dre1919
07-30-2002, 03:14 PM
I think a good question to ask in addition to "how much of a dif does a double trigger make" is "what kind of double trigger frame." Some doubles have way different trigger pulls than others. Immediately, I would tell you the biggest difference your going to see is a significant rise in your rate of fire. This will basically be true with any style of double trigger you get, but some have better pulls than others.

I used to have a Benchmark double on my RT and it wasn't bad, but the trigger on it is pretty loose so you get a lot more play in it than you need. I now have a Hyperframe, which is a completely different story, but it has a tight double trigger on it. If I were you and wanted a non-electric double trigger handle, I'd start looking at the choices you can get available to fit your mag and pick the one with the lightest trigger pull. Whatever model you choose it should fit even with your expansion unless your expansion is huge. Definitely check before you buy it. Anyway, hope this helped. BTW, you should always keep your Mag. :D

magman007
07-30-2002, 06:52 PM
save for the intelliframe, it is so much nicer, trust me, it owns over a benchy, and dyes,, void the warenty. go with the intelli

CockerStopper
07-30-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by rhetor22
please convince me to keep my mag. [/B]
that like covincing me to keep my kidney
well anyway i perfer the single trig(benchy) but you need to try the both out if you can find one to borrow

SteveD
07-31-2002, 10:31 AM
I, personally, can't stand to shoot a single trigger any more. The double really lightens up the pull and gives me a faster rate of fire. I've used the Benchmark frames and have been happy with them but the Inteleframe is worth the extra $$. Less slop, Dye grips plus the ability to wire it to your revy.

SteveD
AGD Lions