PDA

View Full Version : flatline recharge

felony
07-30-2002, 04:01 PM
how fast does the flatline recharge.

i shot 3-4 times to get the flatline input to where i want and then it takes some time for the needle to stop going up. it isnt like 5 seconds. it is less then a second but that seems longer then it should be.

when i rapid fire, it drops down like 100 psi (750psi), then recharges real fast, as fast as i pull the trigger. when i let off, it slowly creeps back to 850 or so.

is this normal?

thanks
dan

FrAuStY
07-30-2002, 06:30 PM
Actually it does the same thing mine does. All I can tell you..is as long as theres at least 600 psi constant (during rapid fire) you will notice no shootdown. I think the flatline can recharge as fast as an rt 26+ times..I could be wrong.

felony
07-30-2002, 06:35 PM
that makes me all tingly inside..

as fast as a rt.. drool

lol

even if it isnt true, that makes me feel good

thanks man
dan

Butterfingers
07-30-2002, 06:40 PM
that is abnormal.

I would check your reg seat for damage the tank should not creep

FrAuStY
07-30-2002, 06:53 PM
Mine does the same thing... brand new..since day one its done that. The only time it gets noticeable wis when the tanks down around 600 psi.. then it creeps. Otherwise I think it could be the guage windings vibrating from the re-charge. I just thought that was normal...cuz I've shot as fast as I could..and was never able to outshoot it :)

I know you butterfingers...Mr PhD in Automagology, you're prolly right... :eek:

virus
07-30-2002, 07:08 PM
myself i'm going with the gauges themselves.....

gauges for the most part are mass produced... all they have to do it messure the current pressure pushing on it with a +/- tolerence to the actual pressure.... no gauge is exact, no 2 gauges operate the exact same and will for the most part give you different readings with in a given tolerance.... also the way they move varries from gauge to gauge.... i very loose gauge will shop more of a pressure drop whereas a tight gauge wont... this gives the impression of one tank performing with less dropoff then another when in fact there may only be a 5psi difference total.... but the gauges wont reflect this....

on a side note.... my therory is most hpa system makers find some of the tighter gauges from the ones they plan to use and use those in their tests when they make their claims about a tank perfromence.... the best way to test for the avg baller or testing group is to use the exact same gauges (pretested for accuracy on full pressure readings) and take them from one tank to the next for test regs... this is the only real way to test how well they keep up....

now the quick other way to test how well it can keep up is to send it to Butterfingers to stick it on and Emagnum and set it for 30sps or higher and try to listen for the shootdown..... may not be as acurate but more fun none-the-less =)

RetroEclipseMan
07-30-2002, 07:46 PM
I have a maxflow setup and have never noticed this creeping of the gauges you guys are talking about on the flatline. I was thinking about getting a flatline but if this is true then i may stick with the maxflow setup.

felony
07-30-2002, 11:02 PM
mine is brand new as well

about 3 weeks old

hmm
dan