PDA

View Full Version : What detector is used in the ACE system?

sniper1rfa
07-30-2002, 06:04 PM
specifically, what kind/part # etc...

i was looking at eyes so i could make an ACE setup for my mayhem. the breech is already drilled for a vaccum feed type deal (think of putting the little vent on the end of a single acting cylinder at the bottom of the breech) and i figured, hey, it doesnt help much, and TK's ACE eye would fit that sucker perfectly, why not make an ACE?

so any AGD tech or tom himself, what eye do you use??

magman007
07-30-2002, 06:09 PM
AGD makes them them selves, or atleast the boards, tom showed em to me when i toured the factory

sniper1rfa
07-30-2002, 06:57 PM
i mean the actual detector component containing the IR LED and reciever. i have no doubt in my mind that he makes the board (or assembles it, gets it burned somewhere else?) but i doubt (could be wrong though) he has jumped into the field of optoelectronics. :-)

im just interested in the detector module, not the board, i can make my own board.

Pand0ra
07-31-2002, 03:05 AM
The sensor is encapsulated in a small tube of metal, hence it's not possible to find easily the reference.
It's a reflective sensor for sure, but that's all I know for the moment.

@++

AGD
07-31-2002, 03:09 AM
I don't want to give out the source for that because it is a highly desirable design. Look around there are a lot of emitter / detector pairs.

AGD

sniper1rfa
07-31-2002, 08:59 AM
:)

pweeese? lol.

i actually want it only because its circular, which would be the easiest to mount in my app, but hey, i bet i can find others.

thanks

sniper1rfa
08-01-2002, 12:51 PM
darn, cant find anything i could easily use.

Tom, can i just buy a few off you? :rolleyes:

:)

HoppysMag
08-01-2002, 02:24 PM
if he sold them to you then he would have to kill you!!:D i can picture it tom walking around a dark room with Miscue,Army,cphilip,and blackvcg standing at atention.

then tom speaks" THIS IS YOUR TARGET!!" holds up your picture.... " i want him eliminated!!" tom lights your picture on fire.... then the elite MOD Squad as i like to call them go to work, chasing you down through you shipping adress and taking you down with extreme prejudice.... man i have to much time on my hands...:D

sniper1rfa
08-01-2002, 03:23 PM
cphilip: But sir, he just wants to make an AC...
TK: (grabbing cphilip by the shirt collar) Do not ever talk to me like that again....!

seriously though, i dont want to disclose any info, i just want to cobble together and ACE for my gun. :rolleyes:

lol