PDA

View Full Version : So how many AOers are using the HaloB ?

CFD323
07-30-2002, 07:35 PM
I'm looking at maybe either adding a warp feed to my Revy or scrapping the Revy and buying a HaloB. I'm looking for some feedback from everybody out there. I like the Warp feed cuz it gets the blimp off the top of the gun but it looks bulky and heavy. Let's hear what everybody has to say about the HaloB's .

2000Sabre
07-30-2002, 08:13 PM
I'm running a Warp/Halo on my SFL. It does add weight to the back of your gun which can seem uncomfortable at first but you get used to. No problems with the Halo keeping up with the Warp. Very nice setup but some think it's a bit of an overkill to use both. I just upgraded my Halo to the HaloB. Much quiter and easier to turn off/on. If your finances are tight, I'd go with the Warp first to get the hopper off the top of your gun and add the Halo later. LOL

'Mag
07-30-2002, 08:17 PM
I use it and I like it. Feeds very fast and I have a blue one, so it looks pretty good too.

Bwaites
07-30-2002, 08:40 PM
My HaloB is lightning fast and I haven't been able to outshoot it. My Level10 for my Emag hasn't come and I haven't chopped a ball since I got the B mod back.

Bill

CFD323
07-30-2002, 09:02 PM
I've been checking online websites for it and can't find it. A couple places have it listed as "Odyssey Halo $105" but it doesn't say it's the HaloB. Where are you guys getting them at ?

TransMan
07-30-2002, 09:53 PM
I Got my HALO A upgraded a couple weeks ago to a B with the green shell this thing kics *** i love it. :D

MrMag
07-30-2002, 09:57 PM
halo b's are not sold in many places. the cheapest i have seen one for new in an online store was for 129.99. your best best is to find a used halo a for cheap and then send it into odyssey and for 50 get the B upgrade and a new colored shell. check it out at www.odysseypaintball.com

'Mag
07-30-2002, 09:58 PM
www.odysseypaintball.com

You can buy the Colored Halo B for $150. That's what I did, but if you have a Halo you can send it in for an upgrade.

alf
07-30-2002, 10:10 PM
this guy i play with was ALWAYS baggin on me to upgrade to halo B...and i FINALLY did...

if you have an A...you HAVE to upgrade to a B...it makes a BIG difference...

i have an emag with a warp/halo, and i love it...very very hard to chop a ball...

-alf

clanger
07-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Don is selling them 130 shipped, or if you buy 5 120 shipped. So check out the dealer forums!

pito189
07-31-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by 2000Sabre
I'm running a Warp/Halo on my SFL. It does add weight to the back of your gun which can seem uncomfortable at first but you get used to. No problems with the Halo keeping up with the Warp. Very nice setup but some think it's a bit of an overkill to use both. I just upgraded my Halo to the HaloB. Much quiter and easier to turn off/on. If your finances are tight, I'd go with the Warp first to get the hopper off the top of your gun and add the Halo later. LOL

Do you find that you are able to have the halo nice and tight agaisnt the body?

It's easier to turn on and off? Do they change the button type?

I'm using my ricochet on my warp now, but I want to start using my halo, but I only have halo A, and want to upgrade is it still 50 bucks?

RiceRocket
07-31-2002, 09:49 AM
I run a Halo B but not a Warp. The HaloB is the only loader that will allow you to keep a long fast string of paint flying. I have one mounted on a cut down powerfeed Emag with Lvl10. Absolutely no chops or misfires since I got it from Chris at Odyssey. It's one touch on, touch and hold off. The best thing is that it handles our brittle paint with no problems.

P4ULuk
07-31-2002, 10:01 AM
I got a HaloB used to use it on my angel, I chopped quite a few times with it but this was the angel not the Halos fault. If you do chop though then you're out the game for a while as u have to turn the Halo off empty the ball stack, clean it and re fit, I had problems cleaning out the smashed ball. This is one of the main reasons I ended up getting rid of the angel and going for the Extreme C&C, No chops and an exceedingly high feed/firing rate!

Paul.

manike
07-31-2002, 10:07 AM
I'm using a Halo B on my C&C Extreme also.

I've been running it on hybrid set at 20bps with the ACE and no chops or misfeeds just long strings of paint :)

Halo B is by far the fastest loader available.

manike

P4ULuk
07-31-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by manike

20bps

?? :confused:

Why can I only select up to 16?

Paul.

manike
07-31-2002, 10:28 AM
You can 'only' :rolleyes: :) set up to 16 without the ACE on. Turn the ACE on and then see if you can set it upto 20bps...

If you have ACE 1 or 2 on you can set it upto 20 (on my board anyway, but I may have a 'prototype board' with different values due to some testing I have been doing with AGDE). As soon as you turn ACE off it goes back 'down' to 16.

Either that or I'm just more 'special' than you... :D which could just be the whole reason anyway ;) :D

manike

P4ULuk
07-31-2002, 10:37 AM
You can 'only' :rolleyes: :) set up to 16 without the ACE on. Turn the ACE on and then see if you can set it upto 20bps...

If you have ACE 1 or 2 on you can set it upto 20 (on my board anyway, but I may have a 'prototype board' with different values due to some testing I have been doing with AGDE). As soon as you turn ACE off it goes back 'down' to 16.

Either that or I'm just more 'special' than you... :D which could just be the whole reason anyway ;) :D

manike

Will try that one tonight, lol I know I can't pull the trigger quicker then 15 (LCD rof counter) but was hoping in hybrid to hit somthing close!

Also I don't have the 'tripometer' is that right? not bothered don't use it anyway but guess it could be handy for recording efficiency!

Cheers,

Paul.

manike
07-31-2002, 10:44 AM
'tripometer'? whats that? the thing that works out how many shots since you last turned the gun on? I noticed I don't have that either. Maybe it went to make space for the extra eye settings and ACE... not to worry then! :)

Hybrid is scary fast on my gun. John works some lovely stuff when he builds these guns. Put's some real work and care into them, almost makes it hard for me to justify his John 'the bang' Sosta nick name that we gave him ;) hehehe

It's funny that he even mentioned his 'incident' with the mill in the new PGI where he shows off level 10.

I tell you, I haven't been so excited about a new marker since I got my first semi, way back when, and my extreme C&C is living up to my expectations. I want to play every evening at the moment...

The midlands needs an indoor/evening field! Where are you practicing this weekend Paul?

manike

P4ULuk
07-31-2002, 10:50 AM
'tripometer'? whats that? the thing that works out how many shots since you last turned the gun on? I noticed I don't have that either. Maybe it went to make space for the extra eye settings and ACE... not to worry then! :)

Hybrid is scary fast on my gun. John works some lovely stuff when he builds these guns. Put's some real work and care into them, almost makes it hard for me to justify his John 'the bang' Sosta nick name that we gave him ;) hehehe

It's funny that he even mentioned his 'incident' with the mill in the new PGI where he shows off level 10.

I tell you, I haven't been so excited about a new marker since I got my first semi, way back when, and my extreme C&C is living up to my expectations. I want to play every evening at the moment...

The midlands needs an indoor/evening field! Where are you practicing this weekend Paul?

manike

Hopefully at the sit the lads run at Euxton think the webby address is http://www.euxtonparkpaintball.co.uk theres directions on there! nothing set in stone as yet though all I know is I need to play on Sunday!!

Yeah thats the tripometer (lol) thing I was talking about, I figured it probably 'made way' for the eye!

And yep the workmanship is second to none, just a shame Smart parts can't make a freak back the right size yet! the mk2 was worse though!

Paul.

DarkRipper
07-31-2002, 11:43 AM
I'm loving my Halo B! Finally, a loader that can keep up with my Racegun.

DR

Aranarth
07-31-2002, 09:56 PM
I might feel a little left out with my rt in this world of emags. . . but I am much satisfied with my B&W combo (Halo-B & Warp). As sabre said though, get the warp, put the revi on, then upgrade to the halo-b when you get a chance. Oddyssey charges $30 to upgrade an a, or you can get a colored b.
-AranarthX

Death Angel
07-31-2002, 10:31 PM
Odyssey will upgrade for $30 but a color will cost you an extra $20.00. I have bee selling the Halo B's ,colored, for $120.00 plus shipping. I also have some Halo A's left at $80 shipped. Those are the CHEAPEST prices anywhere. I have a blue and smoke comming in next week. Any takers??? LMK Thanks

P4ULuk
08-01-2002, 05:13 AM

manike

Yip that worked!

Practice is deffinatley happening Sunday morning but I don't think I'm gonna be there all day as I have to view a replacement ZX7R :D
Can't wait to play though hmmm think I'll be buying a case....or 2 :D:D:D

Cheers,

Paul.