PDA

View Full Version : help w/ retro...fast!!!

Mag Master 04
07-30-2002, 08:59 PM
ok, i gas up my retro and the 1st shot is fine but when i try to rapid fire it seems like i am having presure drop off or something, i know it is not supposed to do that but im not sure what exactly is the problem, the 1st shot seems hot and the rest just drop off, i havnt shot paint through it yet i dont wanna chop, there just seems to be drop off or something. please help!!!
thank you :(

Gunga
07-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Hmmmm...have you messed with your trigger rod length at all? Might be too long and not allow the on/off pin to have its full range of motion.

Or...your on/off pin is too long. Did you change it?

That's all I can think of at this point.

halo13
Have you ever shot the retro before? If not your tank may be starving your gun.

ben_JD
Sounds as if it is starving for air. If you have a variable feed tank, turn up the output. Otherwise, you might have a bottleneck in the line.

Move this to Tech and the guys over there can help you.

Mag Master 04
07-30-2002, 09:07 PM
starving, sry but i dont know what that means, i have a preset tank, i have not yet shot it till today

magman007
07-30-2002, 09:09 PM
yes, this needs to be in tech, but i doubt it is being starved, he is using a crossfire stuby right? well, crossfires have some of the best flows on the market

Mag Master 04
07-30-2002, 09:19 PM
tech...how, im new to ao

MrMag
07-30-2002, 09:28 PM
just repost your problem in the technical forums. i do not think it is a starving problem, because preset tanks run at 850psi or around there

halo13
07-30-2002, 09:30 PM
The new crossfires have fantastic flow but I don't think that the older generation crossfires can put out enough to keep up with the RT when its being used for a long period of time. The output of the tank isn't a problem, the problem would come from the tank not being able to consistantly put out 850psi.

Starving the gun is when there is to little air going into your valve, and if the valve doesn't have enough air it can't cycle fast enough.

If the problem is infact from your tank, you can do two things: Slow the ammount of time your using reactive trigger or buy a new tank. I like to pimp out air america so check out those tanks, and other "high end" reg systems. If your on a budget look into getting one of the new high output crossfire tank. They will definately be able to keep up with the RT.

CockerStopper
07-30-2002, 10:24 PM
try a longer spacer or unscrew the sear rod a little

Mossman
07-31-2002, 03:51 AM
Make sure your tank is screwed in enough to your duckbill/asa. If its in all the way try backing it out just a weenie bit.

Make sure you have 900+ psi in there. Maybe ur guage is off and you have less air then you think.

Dont buy a new tank unless you wanted to before this, its not the tanks fault. People like to see other people waste money i suppose.

bunkerhugger
07-31-2002, 09:28 AM
New Retro Valve? Sounds like a couple of possibilities to me. New Retros need to be oiled up really well. Mine have done all kinds of weird things until they tasted that magical lube. The other possibility is teflon tape or some other obstruction in the reg valve pin assembly. This is the assembly just inside where you connect your air line fitting to the valve. One of my valve's started behaving exactly like yours and I found that the reg valve pin assembly was bent, probably from having loc-tite particles caught inside it. Pull yours out, oil it up and make sure it is straight.

Coaster
07-31-2002, 10:15 AM
make sure your reg seat(thick o-ring between the valve and the regulator) is in the correct way and the hole is fairly wide. Like Bunkerhugger said look for obstructions in the valve that could impede the airflow.

Mag Master 04
08-01-2002, 10:57 PM
i got it , i just put my old sear and rod back in, thanx alot

FactsOfLife
08-01-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by CockerStopper
try a longer spacer or unscrew the sear rod a little

naughty! don't be messin with the sear rod!