PDA

View Full Version : capoeira game

Clare
07-31-2002, 03:03 AM
here's a capoeira game (http://spiritonin.com/capoeirafighter/) that "Maionese" of grupo Capuraginga developed..it's corny, entertaining (atleast for me) and well done for an online game. :D

for those who are really bored,try both capoeira fighter 1 and then 2 so you can see the difference. :p

and for anyone interested in seeing some capoeira (by Mestra Sylvia Bazzarelli and Contra Mestre Marcos Aurelio dos Santos) featured in a nokia commercial, here's the link (http://www.osi.uio.no/capoeira/movies/capoeria_8210.mpg) :p

sorry, I'm bored! :D

Mango
07-31-2002, 06:46 AM
coooool!! /me loves watching capoeria be performed! :D

dre1919
07-31-2002, 09:56 AM
Hey Capo...how long have you been studying Capoeira? I studied Ken-Shu-Khan Kempo from a good friend of mine, Sensei Hampy, for five years. I was just kinda curious...

TXStorm
07-31-2002, 01:17 PM
thats coo:eek: i lost the first two games then i figured out to just punch all the keys i could then won the 3rd game

MantisMag
07-31-2002, 05:13 PM
wow that was coooooooooool. :D

MantisMag
07-31-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by TXStorm
thats coo:eek: i lost the first two games then i figured out to just punch all the keys i could then won the 3rd game

actually it's all about the timing. if you time it right you should catch the other guy in the middle of whatever he's doing while you are able to dodge whatever he throws at you.

btw zumbi(the guy with the dreads) rocks! :cool:

spacemanspiff
07-31-2002, 06:02 PM
Kewl game. Always go to the option screen to find out the button config:p

I remember there was a movie awhile back that was about capoeira. An army guy comes back from brazil and winds up helping troubled teens in a high school. He teaches them capoeira and theres some big crug dealer that he has to fight and all that stuff. I can't remember the name of it but deffinetaly kewl fighting scenes.

Kaiser Bob
07-31-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by spacemanspiff
Kewl game. Always go to the option screen to find out the button config:p

I remember there was a movie awhile back that was about capoeira. An army guy comes back from brazil and winds up helping troubled teens in a high school. He teaches them capoeira and theres some big crug dealer that he has to fight and all that stuff. I can't remember the name of it but deffinetaly kewl fighting scenes.

Only the Strong baby! great flick! :D

Aranarth
07-31-2002, 10:35 PM
Hmm. I can't make them do any of the cool capo momentum tricks. I can win every time, but only occasionally can I make them really start to dance. Oh well. No skill IRL, and none in the game either. . . :(
Let me edit that. I can win every time on easier level. Its kind of hard with the 50% combos on hardest. lol
Why don't they have the other char boxes. . . grr.
-AranarthX

land hurricane
08-01-2002, 07:29 AM
hey CaPoEiRa: can you really do that stuff? like the spinny-upside-down-twirly-kick moves?

oh yeah they need to put guns in that game. a shotgun, uzzi, and magnum would be cool.

Blade
08-01-2002, 10:13 AM
you know what would make that game perfect, using the music from the movie "Only the Stong" like when the kids perform in the fire hall (when they acctually care)

MantisMag
08-02-2002, 05:03 PM
hey they put clare in the game! j/k. they did enable the female character though. check it out.