PDA

View Full Version : Guess who just joined the E-Mag bandwagon?

HyperSnyper
07-31-2002, 05:18 AM
Here it is, after reading posts reguarding the reason for such a big battery and solenoid, along with sear down time issues coupled with bolt wear, I decided to try something new.

I now have in my possesion a Micro E-Mag, works flawlessly. Has very very minimal visual body damage. Looks like it saw very little use at all up close, heck the Total Shot counter read only 468 when I turned it on.

Got it all for $500 COD shipped . Guy in Marley618's thread said that he sold it locally but the local buyer buyer backed out. After bugging him over and over about it I got it and its now mine. He said it had leaks all over and the battery did not hold a charge.

I was first skeptical and worried that the curse of the MicroE tolerances would get to me, but it didnt and I dont even know why PTP has a bad rep? This gun is real reliable.

Total cost to fix:

$1 electrnoic interrupt pin (was missing and draining battery), $1.50 Micromag Sear pin (was missing not allowing the bolt to catch on anything thus leaks down the barrel), and a FREE overnight charge.

Boy was the seller salty when I told him how I fixed it (TY AO forums for the great informative threads and articles)

Bringing this beast's total cost... $502.50 shipped.

Tell me you guys think, Im thinking of getting a different drop and need something to leash up the interrupt pin (was thinking of using a plastic key ring instead or a metal one so I wont scratch up the battery but I cant find one). I am swapping my Rico Hopper for the O-ring neck since none of my VL hoppers fit the gaping big neck. I wanted to know all your opinions.

LMK your thoughts.

-Hyper

P4ULuk
07-31-2002, 05:21 AM
Looks really nice, are you getting a level10 colt in there if not I highly reccomend it!

Paul.

HyperSnyper
07-31-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by P4ULuk
Looks really nice, are you getting a level10 colt in there if not I highly reccomend it!

Paul.

Recommendation taken.

After fixing the small things here and there, first theing that went on was my Lvl10. One of the subliminal reasons for getting my vert feed emag was so I could stick my finger in the breach. Kinda was hard to do with my PF Micro.

I was thinking of even hopping on the Warp bandwagon, but I really need to thikn of ways to lighten the marker. Its noticeably heavier than my 99 PF Micro. But with my new trigger feel I feel the the added ROF is well more than worth it.

For Anyone reding this post thats thinking about getting an E-Mag, GET ONE! (Infact what are you doing still reading this???) GET ONE NOW! SELL YOUR PARENTS BELONGINGS! HECK, SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL IF YOU HAVE TO! This gun rocks beyond belief. Heck the Fire and Brimstone will suck, but with this, an eternity in Hell will seem a lil less harsh with this in your hands =).

-Hyper

P4ULuk
07-31-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by HyperSnyper

For Anyone reding this post thats thinking about getting an E-Mag, GET ONE! (Infact what are you doing still reading this???) GET ONE NOW! SELL YOUR PARENTS BELONGINGS! HECK, SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL IF YOU HAVE TO! This gun rocks beyond belief. Heck the Fire and Brimstone will suck, but with this, an eternity in Hell will seem a lil less harsh with this in your hands =).

-Hyper

Glad you like it, thats kinda how I feel abut mine too, can't believe I had an angel in my hands for as long as I did!!

Paul

Load SM5
07-31-2002, 07:07 AM
Very nice, congrats on the score. Played with it in Hybrid mode yet? Messed with any magnets? Another recommendation is one of Timmy63's blade triggers. They completely change the way the e-mag feels and makes trigger adjustment easier IMO.

P4ULuk
07-31-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Very nice, congrats on the score. Played with it in Hybrid mode yet? Messed with any magnets? Another recommendation is one of Timmy63's blade triggers. They completely change the way the e-mag feels and makes trigger adjustment easier IMO.

Got one on the way :D

Paul.

Load SM5
07-31-2002, 07:28 AM
Yea, yea...was'nt talking to you.;)

manike
07-31-2002, 07:50 AM
HyperSnyper, it looks like you got an absolute BARGAIN there! Way to go. :)

Originally posted by P4ULuk
Glad you like it, thats kinda how I feel abut mine too, can't believe I had an angel in my hands for as long as I did!!

Paul

Do you keep feeling the urge to pick up your C&C, stroke the shiney anno, point it at objects around the room and practice the trigger?.........

or is it just me? :rolleyes: :D

I've put over 20,000 shots on it from just practising the trigger :) and If I hadn't run out of air it would be a lot more!

manike

P4ULuk
07-31-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by manike
HyperSnyper, it looks like you got an absolute BARGAIN there! Way to go. :)

Do you keep feeling the urge to pick up your C&C, stroke the shiney anno, point it at objects around the room and practice the trigger?.........

or is it just me? :rolleyes: :D

I've put over 20,000 shots on it from just practising the trigger :) and If I hadn't run out of air it would be a lot more!

manike

Nope you're not alone!! Have mt trigger sooo sweet now 1 magnet and about 2 mm not too short not too long :D

Not got that many shots on the counter but am hopefully having a practice this weekend so hopefully that'll change, wanna come up?

Paul.

HyperSnyper
07-31-2002, 05:34 PM
Just wondering all, theres a litle hole in the trigger frame on the left side of the gun where the frame contacts the battery. Not too sure whats its for, and I dont see it on other E-Mags.

It leads into thesmall compartment where the battery contacts are.

Anyone know wht its for?

-Hyper

magman007
07-31-2002, 08:52 PM
i love my e-mag, more than anything, i was wondering tho, cna you put a regular micro body on the micro e?

netjunk1e
07-31-2002, 09:48 PM
Just wondering all, theres a litle hole in the trigger frame on the left side of the gun where the frame contacts the battery. Not too sure whats its for, and I dont see it on other E-Mags.

It leads into thesmall compartment where the battery contacts are.

Anyone know wht its for?

-Hyper

It might be for the yellow pin thing, i don;t know what it does but i see them on all of the emags, i wish i could afford a emag.

tranman
07-31-2002, 10:06 PM
Thatt hole is for the yellow tab that shuts off the electronics of the emag, the plastic goes between the contacts therefore cutting off battery supply.

marley618
07-31-2002, 10:32 PM
Yeah its for the yellow battery on/off. I remember him saying that it's missing. Aren't you glad I hooked you up :D. I used to play baseball for Aiea Little League a couple years ago. I lived on Fort Shafter. But now I'm in Virginia. How old are you Hyper? I might know you or some of your friends.

Cliffio
07-31-2002, 10:35 PM
heck the Total Shot counter read only 468 when I turned it on.

i dunno if anyone saw this or not, but you do know on the micro E when the battery dies the shots get started over with 0 so i doubt that it had that few shots, just lettin you know

Cliff

HyperSnyper
08-01-2002, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by marley618
Yeah its for the yellow battery on/off. I remember him saying that it's missing. Aren't you glad I hooked you up :D. I used to play baseball for Aiea Little League a couple years ago. I lived on Fort Shafter. But now I'm in Virginia. How old are you Hyper? I might know you or some of your friends.

Im an old fart... 22. I know alot of ppl from Aiea, but probably not anyone you know. As for the gun, I didnt want to just steal the gun right from under you, so I made sure that his ties with you were completely over. He said you kept low balling him for 450-480 shipped. He was fed up with it, and after his local buyer backed out, I guess he decided to just give up and go with me. If you just paid an extra $20, you would have been a very happy man. But after 2 ppl backed out on me selling me their RT Mags, I decided to go with this one.

As for the hole, Im not talking about the hole in the actual battery housing on the right side of the pack, Im well aware thats for the electrnoic interrupt pin, Im talking about the hole in the left side of the trigger frame. On the selector side of the gun. Right where the frame meets with the battery. Im thinking maybe its a hole Proteam made so you can run wires through and power other items or choice (i.e. Revy, Warp, etc.). Mybe Ill just stick a rubber grommet in there and use it to hold the pin when I take it out from the e-interrupter hole.

Hmmm... still gotta think about it.

-Hyper

Mango
08-01-2002, 07:13 AM
SWEET deal!! :) Now go take your vitamins! ;)