PDA

View Full Version : New Equation Barrel Pics

BlueMagRT
07-31-2002, 09:15 AM
I just got my equation barrel on monday afternoon. I know a lot of people on AO are interested in this barrel and i figured i would post some pics of it. I would have posted earlier but i broke my computer over the weekend and finally got it fixed tuesday :)

no i have not shot the barrel yet because 3 of the insert are on back order ( .685, .687, and .689) which cover most common paints.

pic 1: side view
http://home.attbi.com/~bluemagrt/pics/equationside.jpg

pic 2: front view
http://home.attbi.com/~bluemagrt/pics/Equationfront.jpg

pic 3: down barrel view
http://home.attbi.com/~bluemagrt/pics/Equationback.jpg

pic 4: pieces of the set
http://home.attbi.com/~bluemagrt/pics/equationset.jpg

P4ULuk
07-31-2002, 09:18 AM
Whats the differance between this and the freak system other then the different muzzle pieces?

Paul
:D

BlueMagRT
07-31-2002, 09:27 AM
the only differences i can think of are:

1: can switch muzzle breaks
2: inserts are made of teflon coated stainless steel not aluminum
3: can just use adapter and muzzle for super short barrel

thei3ug
07-31-2002, 09:31 AM
Anyone take a caliper to these? I heard there were some issues with the freak inserts, and i've been real skeptical about the whole "insert" systems since.

sniper1rfa
07-31-2002, 09:32 AM
the inserts are more accurate and durable (stainless inserts)

how long is the insert? i want a multibore kit, but the inserts need to be like 5-6 inches long on my gun.

felony
07-31-2002, 09:52 AM
now the real question..

have you shot it?

is it a loud or quite marker with the equation on it?

is it accurate? is it worth the 99 price offered to the AO members?

thanks
dan

cphilip
07-31-2002, 09:53 AM
One very important difference not mentioned it the base is milled to allow use on Right, Left AND CENTER feeds all in one base! I am considering trying one of these for that reason. I do not like the looks of that particular middle section that Blue has but that is the one stock. But there are two others on the equation site http://www.equationusa.com/ that are quite sexy and they are going to be offered in shorter length as well.

EsPo
07-31-2002, 10:00 AM
what kind of barrel is this, where cani get one?

felony
07-31-2002, 10:06 AM
they are being sold for 99 dollars to AO members i believe. i also think it comes with 3 bore sizes of your choice.

i believe there is ordering info from a thread title something like HOT NEW BARRELS FOR YOUR NEW LEVEL 10 or something of the sort.

look around for it

dan

P S
i like the fact that you can change your base effortlessly (for different threaded guns) and really costumize your barrel (more to costumize!!).

before i spend my pretty penny, i wanna see if the are worth it.

anyone who has shot through it, plz post results

cphilip
07-31-2002, 10:32 AM
After real careful reading and checking I can not seem to determine why the middle and tip could not be specified in this kit jeff is offering unless its a promo pack. And its not evident on the site. But the site is outa date too. No mention of Mags available on it except in the forum of theirs. Going to give Jeff a ring on it and see.

Cliffio
07-31-2002, 11:19 AM
also those inserts are not to be used with the 2 different systems, so only one kind of insert will work for your system if its pro or the other one

Cliff

it looks stupid, i mean that dump bubble extension as well as the dragon one?? wtf?

looks gimmiky if you ask me, and those muzzle breaks are also dumb, i mean.......

whatever floats your boat i guess

Cliff

BlueMagRT
07-31-2002, 11:36 AM
yea it probably would look better if they fattened up the middle but it would also add weight. roght now this thing is a feather compared to my stainless boomy and is just about as light as my ceramic.

thei3ug
07-31-2002, 12:12 PM
Onc again, has anyone calipered them? Considering the variance in SP bores compared to advertised, I want to know what kind of tolerances I'm going to be getting with these. I just won't buy into multiple bore systems with sizes so close that their tolerances allow seperate pieces to overlap in size. You can say they're built well, but that only takes us so far.

And I don't see where having stainless inserts will help any unless you have them rattling around in a box somewhere.

irrific
08-16-2002, 11:55 PM
Well equation inserts are within .0002 (2 tenths)and stainless steel helps a lot when working with thin meterial
dont bent as easy and there Teflon coated giving it no resistance at all compared to an insert with no Teflon your losing over 30fps :p

DiRTyBuNNy
08-17-2002, 12:14 AM
Whoa...do i hear the wheels of the hype machine turning or what? 30fps? even i wouldn't claim that....

Cristobal
08-17-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by irrific
Well equation inserts are within .0002 (2 tenths)and stainless steel helps a lot when working with thin meterial
dont bent as easy and there Teflon coated giving it no resistance at all compared to an insert with no Teflon your losing over 30fps :p

Hi irrific, welcome to AO!

As DiRTyBuNNy points out, that claim seems like it might be a bit far fetched. Even with Teflon, there will be some friction, so no resistance at all sounds like hype. You sould probably know that people around here love cutting through marketing propaganda. Some data showing the 30fps difference would be a good thing to post or link to.

Oh, and I believe you meant 2 tenthousandths :D
EDIT: Nevermind that, I feel silly:)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-17-2002, 12:52 AM
and BTW...why didn't you get the new 14" body to match that new barrel back?

boggerman
08-17-2002, 11:24 AM
Cristobal, saying 2 tenths is how someone with machining backround speaks when they mean 2 ten thousandths. It gets old saying ten thousandths all the time, so it is generally accepted to just say tenths.

Bigzamboni
08-17-2002, 11:31 AM
According to the people at the Equation booth at IAO, the tolerances on the inserts are within 5 millionths, or so I was told.

fearc7
08-17-2002, 11:45 AM
im having trouble finding the thread for equation barrels and the $99 offer so could someone please post a linK?

slushee
08-17-2002, 12:33 PM
am I the only one to notice the wicked green colour of his walls :D

KamikazeChiKenz
08-17-2002, 01:30 PM
I wasn't looking at the walls just the odd little stuffed animals that were included in the pic.

BlueMagRT
08-17-2002, 02:24 PM
heh the green walls...lol. yea they kinda look crappy but the parents won't let me repaint the room so it stays. the stuffed animals however are just part of a large collection of Beanie babies that my mom had when they were popular. a few of them stuck around permanently. my room is mostly collectible toys, collectible automags, and collectible expensive electronic equipment.

some of my "toys": spawn, hotwheels, starting line up, starwars, legos, baseball cards, sports autographs, a furby, computers , stereo, and of course my parrot.:)

http://home.attbi.com/~bluemagrt/pics/parrot.jpg

paintbattler
08-17-2002, 02:51 PM
you gotta nice gun man

DiRTyBuNNy
08-18-2002, 03:12 AM
for those interested in the barrel offer...PM Jeff_Pbdaddy (or email him at BigDaddy@paintballdaddy.com)