PDA

View Full Version : Slight LX Problem

Dayspring
07-31-2002, 09:28 AM
I've been working on getting the LX working in my RT Pro for the past week (on and off) and have come up with a few problems.

I'm running the #1 carrier (I have the next tightest one to go and then I'm out of carriers), 2 shims and the spring w/ the cut coil.

1) I have to have the regulator turned almost all the way in in order to get it to fire/recock

2) This happened the first time yesterday- gassed everything up, and fired a few shots. Then it started venting out the back.

Any ideas why I'm having the issues I am? Any solutions?

manike
07-31-2002, 09:38 AM
Have you chrono'd the gun?

If you have too tight a carrier creating too much 'stiction' for the bolt then you have to wind in the adjustment screw on the back to get it to fire.

Sometimes this means your velocity will be way too high. If the pressure in the firing chamber is now too high it will vent out the back of the gun.

If the velocity is too high you need to use the next spring down to get it to acceptable ranges (or maybe a looser carrier). This will reduce the pressure in the firing chamber and stop the gun venting out the back.

Also having the loosest carrier that doesn't leak means you don't have to have extra pressure in the gun to get it to fire, this may mean that you can use a longer bolt spring and have a lower velocity such that the gun doesn't vent out the back.

You might want to try a slightly looser carrier (1.5?) and see if it seals ok. If it does try backing out the velocity adjuster and see if it keeps working. CHRONO the gun. To get an idea of how it is performing. This is very important to help decide if you are using the correct spring or not.

manike

Dayspring
07-31-2002, 10:19 PM
I'll have to check it out this week. I want to get it running by sunday.

RTMAGBOY13
07-31-2002, 11:19 PM
idk if its the level 10 it may be ur spring stack cause when mibne busted air shot out the back