PDA

View Full Version : To all AO i ask the question What do you do?

kersef
07-31-2002, 01:29 PM
Hello everybody. This will be my ..oh i guess third post on AO. My question is what do you do when your mad/stressed out ect. For me its usualy writing. or playin guitar. i like writing when im mad cuase its easy to lay down everything your mad about in a way that really doesnt hurt anybody. recently being 16 i got fed up with the way the teenage world works so i wrote for about 5 mins and sent it to everybody on my email list. i dunno why i just did. why not i figured. and yes i felt way better afterwords. i mean i dont think im even that good at writing but it helps. So you tell me what you do. please remember this is a friendly forum lets help the mods out make there tough job a little easier. I would say paintball but i dont do that when im mad. can anyone say overpainting penalties? neway heres what i wrote.

To everyone who will ever know me;

I have played this game for so long that I’ve forgotten almost all of the rules. I no longer can see the board or the pieces on it. For one thing however I am certain. I am sick and I am tired. I am sick of living my life for the degrading society in witch we live. I am tired of making decisions based on a third party with second hand information. I am finished with everything I’ve ever known and I am done with the way I have lived my life. Some people would call this a mission statement others simply would denounce this as the ramblings of a disgruntled nobody. Well I will tell you something. Everyday you worry about other people from the moment you get up till the moment your head touches your pillow. Sometimes you even worry about other people while you dream. Well ladies and gentlemen I have decided to finally get some sleep. I am tired of the he said she said bullcrap (edited for forum). I am sick of the melodramatic festering orgy that has become the way in witch we make every single decision. I am finished with listening to shhhtuf(edited for forum) that doesn’t matter and I will never again second guess myself. From now on I will call them like I see them. I will bring you all first hand straight from the source pure unadulterated me. There will be no more oh well this person said that but this other person said this so what does that mean, what do I do. I will no longer hold back the thoughts, ideas and feelings I have. There will be no more delusional, suggestive phrasings no more hints no more clues and no more guesswork. I will not let my life become a patchwork of lies and half-truths. It will be one straight shot to the gut after another. This does not mean I will go out of my way to be rude although at times I am sure it will seem like that. But I refuse to shield others or myself with half real ill begotten dreams and ideals. The only thing from now till the day I die that will usher forth from my mouth will be the truth as I see it. 100% nothing more and nothing less. There will be no more scheming no more plotting and no more hidden agendas. This is my oath, my creed, and my promise.

Chris

ya its a bit melodramatic in itself but i was mad. what can ya do. plz dont copy if you really want it alteast give credit to me and if you want to email me its kersef@hotmail.com

thanks to all ao for your time and response i belive this can be a very interesting, informative and overall positive thread.

chris

Jonno06
07-31-2002, 01:52 PM
i didnt read what you wrote,cuz im lazy..when im mad ill lay down and watch tv,or something...

if that doesnt work find someone to beat the poo out of(j/k)

dre1919
07-31-2002, 02:42 PM
Actually, I go weight lift, play basketball, or take a run in the woods. I feel like the physical exercise burns up a lot of the "rage energy" I have built up from what irritated me so much. It's especially better when you find a basketball court all to yourself, or an empty weightroom becuase then it's just you and your issues you can think...and breathe. I think it's just best to take some time by yourself that way you don't snap at someone else and end up hurting their feelings. Oh, BTW, I read your "manifesto" and I thought it was some pretty good writing.

FactsOfLife
07-31-2002, 04:07 PM
I fish.

MagMan5446
07-31-2002, 08:58 PM
I break things. Such as the wall along with my knuckles.

I startin to stop that stuff, my anger will be gone at some point. I hope.

-Jôker-
07-31-2002, 11:11 PM
i ususly get mad really quick and get back in a good mood erven quicker but when im mad a just turn some good music up really loud and sing it as loud as i can :D if i could play guitar i would i want tp learn to play sooooo BAAAD

Will Wood
08-01-2002, 04:57 PM
I go clean and oil my paintball gun :) Then I go shoot a tree or something. Then I bike to a freind house and watch movies and drink mountian dew.

Wc Keep
08-01-2002, 06:54 PM
im a very different emotional person. either im completely depressed or completely happy without a care in the world or im enraged to the point where i can kill. usually ill sleep when im mad or ill go and kick a soccer ball (which is very hard)or hopefully its close to my day to play paintball and take my agression out with my trigger finger. thats why im so fast on it.

note i dont mean i take my anger out on someone by lighting them up 20 shots. im not an a******.

rhetor22
08-01-2002, 07:28 PM
i'm no joking when i say this:

the best way to vent, and i mean the BEST is to just get a ****ing pipe or something and beat the **** out of a tree or something. a metal column in your basement is good cuz it makes loud noises. just get a wrench and ****ing wail on that column till you can't feel your arm. it'll make you feel much better.

i'm not musicaly talented but i bet if you get that guitar and play some hard **** then you will feel much better

Aussie Mike
08-01-2002, 08:05 PM
Am I right in thinking that most of us had a moment like that when we were 16 or so? I know I sure did. It sure is a frustrating time, especially when people tell you it is the "best time of your life". Well pooey to that, You work long hours and you aren't getting paid. I like being grown up (more or less) a lot more than I liked being in school. When I used to get stressed out I would just ride my bike until I was flat out exhausted.

Anyway, I can't say I ever feel like that any more. Nothing much fazes me. I can always just shrug and not worry about it. Example, Someone smashed in to my car in the paking lot of a pub (bar). They must have been seen so they wrote a note and put it under my windshield wiper. The note read "sorry, I hit your car". My friend was mad and asked me "aren't you mad???". I said - I'm not *happy* about it but screaming about it won't accomplish anything. I'll just call the insurance company tomorrow. Now are we going to a movie or what?"

On the down side, I'm not nearly as fit as I was when I was younger because I don't ride the bike any more :)

Peace,
Mike.

08-01-2002, 09:16 PM
I pace but I pace for a lot of reasons. When I have to much caffeine running through me, psyched about paintball, thinking, bored, tired, etc.