PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades to my mag

Chobahk
07-31-2002, 03:05 PM
Okay I bought my 'mag in 94 possibly 93 and played several tournies with it until 96. I have the 8 hole mode as well as a custom on/off brass valve. The trigger guard has been cut away to make room for a double trigger. I use 2 different barrels, a custom made Bud Orr stainless (one of the best barrels I have ever played with) and an OLD smart parts barrel. I have an Air America Raptor 115 3K compressed air system with a drop forward. (Fred Shultz signature series)

I haven't played in a tourney since 95 and am looking to get back into them and would like to continue using my 'mag (at least for awhile). What upgrades should I look into? I need a two finger trigger frame with trigger guard, after that I'm kinda clueless. I have seen adds for a low pressure valve, is it worth it?...

Please help!

Havoc_online
07-31-2002, 03:57 PM
just get a Iframe(by far the best out there) and a level 10 kit, also make sure you have a parabolic plug(do a search). Maybe a better tank(something with a higher output)....if you want to go all out, get a retro valve to replace the stock one with.

InvisibleBill
08-04-2002, 09:01 PM
howdy. I agree with havoc, but I would suggest that if you are gonna do tourneys, buy a Freak Barrel system. It will let you shoot darts...and it looks cool. Oh, and if you don't have a powerfeed body, get one, they help immensely. And if you ever think about getting an uber expensive gun ( i am gonna get blasted for saying this) I would recommend the Bonebrake Autococker. They are extremely nice. They are maintence free (you only clean the bolt and oil a few parts, anything else, you send it to the Bonebrake airsmiths and they fix it), they are really easy to shoot (with a double trigger) and they are really cool looking. Rock on, IB.