PDA

View Full Version : Dye Frame Question

demonguy8
07-31-2002, 09:12 PM
Alright this may be hard to explain but...

I got a Dye frame with the rtpro package I purchased.. (the frame was cut I guess to fit the gun)and I personally like the I frame or Zgrip so am selling the DYE frame..

Getting to the point, a person with a standard mag (ie not an rtpro) wants to know if it will still fit his mag even after being cut to fit an rtpro and to be quite honest I dont know what to tell him.. ( I mean I think it should but dont want to tell him it does if it doesnt)

fearc7
07-31-2002, 09:49 PM
Well to honest, the difference is the feild strip screw is wider on a rtpro/rt/emag than a classic. Therefor it would work, but it would fit loose and probally wouldnt be a good idea.

TransMan
08-01-2002, 12:09 AM
Hold up theres no dif between a standard valves Field Strip screw and a Retro valve(Emag, RT Pro,Retro) the only one that is Different is the Old RTs. If your frame had to be modified then you dont have an RT pro you have an RT so which is it?

Hexis
08-01-2002, 12:13 AM
Either way it's cool. If it's been modified to fit an RT (not RT Pro) banjo bolt call AGD and request the spacer. If it was setup for an RT Pro, it's good to go as is.

Tunaman
08-01-2002, 05:26 AM
In order to use a Dye frame on and RT or RT pro Rail, the "wings" on the Dye frame must be milled off. It will fit a Mag or RT or RT pro.