PDA

View Full Version : Leak on new RTP

Duke Henry
07-31-2002, 10:15 PM
Hello, I have a two week old RT Pro (shot maybe 300 rounds through it). Anyway, I recently pulled off the part of the gun that detaches (valve body) when you unscrew the valve screw just to take a look (did nothing beyond this).

Anyway, put the gun back together and now the gun leaks out of the body. Now, my barrel is NOT on, but is there anything I could have done that now needs to be adjusted to fix this leak? I am sure I have done something that is really obvious and stupid and probably only requires a simple fix.

I would check my manual, but alas I do not have it with me. It is with my barrel at home....argh

a_malfunction
07-31-2002, 11:16 PM
Make sure you remembered to put your bolt and spring back in.

Duke Henry
07-31-2002, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah, that is right! How could I forget!

:-)

Arturus
08-01-2002, 03:18 AM
I take it that by 'body', you mean where you screw in the barrel?

Try holding down the trigger, while you're turning up the input pressure. Once up to around 700 psi +, let go of the trigger. This is assuming you have an adjustable tank for your RT Pro.

If that doesn't work, check your orings inside the power tube.

Duke Henry
08-01-2002, 10:02 AM
Also I noticed that I never mentioned the severity of the leak. I believe the problem is the lack of pressure, but just to give all of the information - I should tell you that it is not a small leak. Pretty much all of the air being sent from the tank is coming out of the barrel - if that makes a difference.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Arturus
08-01-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Duke Henry
Also I noticed that I never mentioned the severity of the leak. I believe the problem is the lack of pressure, but just to give all of the information - I should tell you that it is not a small leak. Pretty much all of the air being sent from the tank is coming out of the barrel - if that makes a difference.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

I had what I percieved to be the exact same problem as you're mentioning a little while back. Where the air was leaking down the barrel, heavily as I raised the input pressure.

Try following the procedure I described above - holding the trigger down, while putting up to 700+ psi into the marker, then letting it go. Also make sure your marker is well lubed - put 2-3 drops of oil into your marker, through the ASA or SS line, and dry fire it 40-50 times with the barrel off.

It should work out for you. First though, do a visual check of the power tube and make sure your orings are fine.

Hope it works out for ya.

Duke Henry
08-01-2002, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the help guys - I will have it fixed tonight for sure. If I can't figure it out, I know a mag master who said he would fix it for me. As long as I have plenty of air, I'll be able to figure this beast out!

Thanks again