PDA

View Full Version : Idea

subbeh
07-31-2002, 11:11 PM
I was sitting here, thinking (OMG, RARE!) and I came up with an idea... how about a web site that catalogs Paintball teams by division and size and such. It also lists home fields, team members names and markers, so on, so forth. Then, with this catalog, teams could go and challenge other teams. These teams could accept and play. Even nationwide tournements could be held with this system, if it was tested to the point of near perfection...

Do you guys understand what I'm saying? What do you think...?

BTW, This idea is copyright me! :D Believe it or not, I actually have the skills and resources to get the ball moving on a project like this.

BTW, for the tournement ideas, I'm thinking ladder style play, or something along those lines. That was just a side-idea, the main was the catalog. It would give local teams a chance to find other teams in their division to practice / play against...

Comments, PLEASE!

TransMan
07-31-2002, 11:18 PM
I think its a Great idea peopel would aso be able to go check what team names have been used so they can make sure not to use a taken name when chosing their team name.

subbeh
07-31-2002, 11:20 PM
Another thing is... if I decide to work on this at all, what should it be called?

-Jôker-
07-31-2002, 11:29 PM
GREAT idea.... idk what it should be called maybe 'internatnional catalog of paintball teams' to keep it simple?

TransMan
07-31-2002, 11:31 PM
LOL i typed in www.paintballteams.com to see if the name was taken and it was and its basicly what you were talkin about doin.

subbeh
07-31-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by TransMan
LOL i typed in www.paintballteams.com to see if the name was taken and it was and its basicly what you were talkin about doin.

Hahah that sucks. But don't tell me you couldn't take it a hundred times further, such as a challenging system and regional ladder tourneys

There are tons of teams not listed there... some of our best teams from my area aren't there, although my team is, and I didn't even know about this web site... hahah.

TransMan
07-31-2002, 11:48 PM
Yeah you could take it furhter and maybe TK would put it up on Airgun.com