PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating an EMAG - questions

Vern1
08-01-2002, 06:00 AM
Greetings,
I am comtemplating an EMAG for a backup and to learn the ins and outs of the marker.
I have seen a few used ones for various prices and want to know if there were any major changes during production other than the Level 10 bolt kits.
What I am looking for in particular:
Was there an early run that had problems and what those problems were and what fixes there were and what serial numbers were involved.
If this has been done, I apologize.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pand0ra
08-01-2002, 06:54 AM
I don't think there was a run which had problems.
The only thing you could have to check is the version of the software.
I don't remember the latest version, but it should be easy to find it with a search.

@++

TRIAD
08-01-2002, 07:05 AM
If you want to talk about cars, let's take this scenario:

Okay, let's say that rather than NASCAR making cars that can handle better, not spin out as easily, etc., they just made cars go faster. Now, these cars couldn't pull high speeds in a race, because they use things that aren't allowed, but the car "can" do this. Would anyone care for very long, no, they would want better cars that are raceable. So, give me a better friggin gun rather than just one that shoots faster. We can put research into something that matters in a game, rather than just something that matters off the field. So, enough with 30 bps feed speeds, just get me a better gun.

Vern1
08-01-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by TRIAD
If you want to talk about cars, let's take this scenario:

Okay, let's say that rather than NASCAR making cars that can handle better, not spin out as easily, etc., they just made cars go faster. Now, these cars couldn't pull high speeds in a race, because they use things that aren't allowed, but the car "can" do this. Would anyone care for very long, no, they would want better cars that are raceable. So, give me a better friggin gun rather than just one that shoots faster. We can put research into something that matters in a game, rather than just something that matters off the field. So, enough with 30 bps feed speeds, just get me a better gun.

^^^And exactly what has that to do with this thread?^^^

I am glad I asked as I was looking at a couple of used EMAGS. Is the software upgradable via a PC or do we have to send it in or change boards?

manike
08-01-2002, 07:58 AM
Vern,

I believe the software is easily upgradeable but you need to get AGD to do it for you, by sending it in, or possibly by finding them at a big event. I believe it is the same board, just reprogrammed with the updated software.

manike

Gecko
08-01-2002, 08:04 AM
there have been some slight changes in the valve for the very early production guns but AGD will update them for free when you send them in for service. Don't really remember specific serial numbers but if you call agd with the serial i'm sure they can tell what needs to be done. The current board software is 1.37 (non anti chop eye) and can only be updated by an AGD tech, they simply re-flash the chip with new code.
Gecko

Vern1
08-01-2002, 01:12 PM
Greetings,
Thanks folks - I guess if I pick one up and it works and doesn't smoke when I turn it on I am in pretty good shape.
Again, thanks for the help!

Kaiser Bob
08-01-2002, 02:21 PM
The only thing i have heard happen to early emags would be the possibility of the top magnet in the trigger falling out. Other then that, when you get one, make sure there is a quad oring thats holding the on/off pin and not an RT on/off oring.

Clare
08-01-2002, 04:01 PM
I KNEW IT! Mr. Petty was so OVERWHELMED with my Emag that now he's contemplating buying one. My work here is done... :p

teehee

magmonkey
08-01-2002, 04:06 PM
I have had 2 problems with my emag s# 152
the top trigger magnet came loose and had to be fixed
and the board was just loose enough to cause the marker to forget my modes (problem found and fixed in maryland by gecko)other than that the gun rocks out

cledford
08-01-2002, 04:16 PM
Vern1,

Welcome over to the AO site - you helped me with some Timmy questions a while back and I used your Timmy/warp-feed hook up procedure.

I own both guns (Timmy and Emag) Everything that the others have posted is correct. I would like to add that the Emag (at least mine) is not as "modular" as the Timmy. Instead of using plugs, a lot of the wires terminate directly on the board.

Also, if your Emag starts smoking - you can just turn it off - it will work just as good :)

Take care,

-Calvin