PDA

View Full Version : Austin Powers 2: Goldmember

MikeCouves
08-01-2002, 03:58 PM
What did you guys think? It was pretty friggin funny, it was great when MiniMe drops the fake meteor down, I actualy started crying it was so funny.

Will Wood
08-01-2002, 04:34 PM
I heard from peopel at my work that it sucked...and they like austin powers too..

MikeCouves
08-01-2002, 04:37 PM
I'm debating whether it was better than the second. The second one was the best.

Will Wood
08-01-2002, 04:39 PM
Yea, second one was good.

MikeCouves
08-01-2002, 04:54 PM
There was alot of funny moments in the second one. I just realized I messed up the title lol. It's the 3rd.

<-----------1800 posts and counting!

Timmee
08-01-2002, 05:24 PM
I can't believe that Goldmember had a PG-13 rating. The stuff they got away with in that movie .... Anyway, it was an awesome movie, IMO. I especially liked the scene in the car, with the notes Minime was writing. The last note was the best. :D

spacemanspiff
08-01-2002, 06:41 PM
I was never a fan of the 1st one but liked the 2nd. I just go to see Goldmember and laughed my arse off. IMO the whole mole scenes were hilarious.:p

Flip540
08-01-2002, 08:21 PM
i jsut got in from seeing it...i thought i was good but not great. the worse thing is when the commercials give all the funny parts away so you know its coming.and also, when theres a lil kid whos seen it a million times sitting behind you and hes repeating all the words and telling his mommy when and what the next funny thing is :rolleyes:

personman
08-01-2002, 08:27 PM
It was pretty dumb.
Pretty thin, I liked the first one the best.

paintbattler
08-01-2002, 08:52 PM
i thought it was hilarious. ive seen in twice

PaintballSucka
08-01-2002, 10:06 PM
The Frinkin Sharks With Laser Beems!

Best Austin Powers yet!

LittMag
08-01-2002, 10:44 PM
I thought it was better than the first two, I hated the 2nd one.

Thordic
08-02-2002, 07:27 AM
I've seen it twice, I think it was funnier than the first, and only a LITTLE behind the second one. Spy Who Shagged Me was still the best one so far :)

Load SM5
08-02-2002, 07:39 AM
The first 15 mintues where great. The rest of the movie was pretty much a rehash of all the material they used in the first 2 movies. It was pretty funny but it was'nt great. I was slightly disappointed. 1 was by far the best. I stopped breathing from laughing so hard during the group therapy scene.

Did anyone go see Undercover Brother? That was great and along the same vein as Austin Powers.

Aussie Mike
08-02-2002, 08:09 AM
I thought Goldmember was frikin' hilarious OK. Sure a lot of stuff was rehashed (actually re-rehashed) but you had to expect that going in. Michael Caine was excellent & mini-me had a lot of good bits. The second movie felt more like disjointed scetches than a whole movie to me. As much as I enjoy the Austin Powers movies, I just hope they don't try to do a fourth one - that would be a stretch.

Haven't seen Undercover Brother yet but I definately plan to.

Peace,
Mike.

paintballrulzs
08-02-2002, 09:25 AM
I loved it. So many of their jokes were from previous movies. I thought the whole "scotty say no" or whatever thing was dumb. It was funny when minime was humping beonce's leg. It was pretty good though. The mole scenes were funny and also minime chocale scene. The best had to be the fight scene between austin and minime. GOOD STUFF

MikeCouves
08-02-2002, 02:15 PM
The funniest parts were:

When Dr. Evil got it in the nuts. I started crying.

When Austin kicks MiniMe at the fridge.

When MiniMe flys out of the vent into the sign.

!!! AHAHAHA !!!

dre1919
08-02-2002, 02:41 PM
I thought it was really funny too. I personally liked the opening sequence...that was crazy! (BTW, Gwynyth's name was hilarious) And the "rap video" part was fricken hilarious too. Bouncin' lowriders, bling-bling jewelry...that was the best. :D

X-Plosive
08-03-2002, 08:03 AM
Each film had points which stand out. I personally like the first one best because it had shock appeal. I had never seen anything like it before.

There's not too much to say about the second one. It had the introduction of a new character, we call him "mini-me" and more extreme humor. That's about it.

The great thing about goldmember was the opening scene and the cameo's. I definetly didn't expect to see Tom Cruise, Kevin Spacey, Gwyneth Paltrow, Danny Devito, or Michael Caine while I was purchasing my ticket.

MikeCouves
08-03-2002, 03:46 PM
I know that was kind of a shock...

tranman
08-03-2002, 03:54 PM
You forgot John Travolta at the end playing Goldmember.

pumpamatic
08-03-2002, 11:54 PM
I thought there were some parts that made me wonder if the series was overused. Obviously the "it looks just like a " and the play on shadows have been done before, but I kinda liked what they did with the latter. Most of the cameos were cool, but I think they could have withheld Britney from the film, like I didn't see what was coming next, not to mention even begin to laugh. Anybody else notice all the freakin' corparate sponsors? Taco bell, pepsi, BMW/mini cooper, etc? Also a bit of a change from other movies was the actual role of some major characters. Remind me again why Goldmember was even there, except for Dr Evil to insult a few times? Foxxy Cleopatra didn't do a whole lot either, but that may have been for the best. Some of the plot twists were great, but I really hope they aren't going to make another one with Scott as the villain. Still, mini-me was the best I've seen as mini-austin, and the music video was a knee slapper( D to the Rizzo, E to the Vizzo, I to the izzoL:D ) It was definetely worth the 8.50, maybe worth it again. A definete summer must-see.

JasonNeal
08-04-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Did anyone go see Undercover Brother? That was great and along the same vein as Austin Powers.

load, i saw undercover brother. good lord, that movie was hilarious. i didnt expect it to be that good, but i was rollin the whole time. im gonna see it again tuesday in the dollar theater! i havent seen austin 3 yet, but id still say the first 2 austin powers were probably better than undercover brother, but it was still awesome.

X-Plosive
08-05-2002, 08:55 AM
Trust me, I left out John Travolta and Britney Spears for a reason. The only film I ever really enjoyed which John Travolta starred in was Pulp Fiction.

Pump-a-matic did you not notice the corporate sponsors in The Spy Who Shagged Me? Off the top of my head I can think of Virgin, Heineken, Starbucks and Volkswagen and the last time I saw that film was when it was released in theatres. Actually sometimes I kind of enjoy the corporate spam...I thought they cut back a little in the advertising department with Goldmember.

dcmander
08-06-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by X-Plosive
Trust me, I left out John Travolta and Britney Spears for a reason. The only film I ever really enjoyed which John Travolta starred in was Pulp Fiction.

Pshht... Face-Off? That movie ruled! I love Nicolas Cage! He kinda looks like my dad! =\