PDA

View Full Version : TKO Automag

MonK
08-01-2002, 07:44 PM
Im kind of new to automags so bear with me here...I wanted to buy the TKO Automag from paintballgear.com but have a few questions first.

1.Are they Good guns for the money?

2.Are they THAT loud?

3.Do they come in right powerfeed?

4.Is the feed on the standard feed that big or is it just me?

5.Is the powerfeed better or worse then the standard feed? and is there a difference between the two?

I Appreciate your help
Thank You

LittleJP
08-01-2002, 07:55 PM
1. I would have to say mags are great for the money.
2. I happen to find my automag to be quieter than most markers.
3. I believe any mag can come with right p/f.
4. Standard feed is long but can always be cut down. Just make sure you can still fit an elbow on it.
5. Powerfeed is better for a mag because it uses blowback (gas), which would normally force balls back up into the hopper, as a means of propulsion into the breech. IMO, spend the extra money on the p/f.

MonK
08-01-2002, 08:03 PM
Thanks

MonK
08-01-2002, 08:08 PM
Wait...Do you have a TKO? or Some other kind of Mag??

SaS
08-01-2002, 08:13 PM
come on and join me as i crunch some numbers

oh come on, it'll be fun

the actionvillage.com(paintballgear.com) tko package is
$280

the macroline kit which would be $15 with just two 90 degree plugs, would be about $20 with those two more
$280-$20
$260
bottom line adapter is $15-$20 from adg
$260-$20

$240
the vertical bottle adapter is about $20 from adg

$240-$20
$220

i'll not include that gas through grip that the picture has but doesn't mention in the text... some of the smart parts ones are about $30, i think

that's not a bad price, but remember that they don't include a barrelt with it, don't trust the picture... or at least i can't find the sentence that says that they added a barrel

the length that they say is 8.5inches, that can't be with any barrel

are you right handed or left... if your shoot with your right hand the left powerfeed and thus hopper left... you'll like because when you come out the right side of a bunker, you won't have your hopper sticking out waiting to be shot.

EsPo
08-01-2002, 09:17 PM
yo i have a tko mag, it does come with a barell, it is the stock rt 12" barrel 44.99 from pbgear,(no pic in link)
http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-barrels-airgun-design-barrels.html
and also it does come with a gas thru grip, it is perfect size...for me at least and it looks really cool, here is a link to a pic of the gas thru grip that i got with mine.... http://www.actionvillage.com/036-0560.html

lets do math
280 for the tko
-20 macroline
-40 for barrel
-15 for bottomline, u could def get one cheaper or just take one off of another gun
-10 or so for vert adapter
195! helluva deal to me

SaS
08-01-2002, 09:30 PM
see the math is fun

so i'm wrong... i was figuring that they probably would include barrel and such if it's going to be a package but i didn't want to depend just on the picture

kind of interesting that the classic is 245 with the standard feed

EsPo
08-01-2002, 09:47 PM
it DOES come with a barell

SaS
08-01-2002, 09:58 PM
yea, hence why i was wrong

i was just going by the text on the website that does not mention a barrel or gasthrough grip... but ARE present in the picture seen on the website

personman
08-01-2002, 10:02 PM
First of all, it DOES NOT come with the stock RT barrel.
It comes with a PMI ceramic
So basically:
Automag Classic
PMI ceramic
Vert Adapter
ACI Gas Thru
Macroline
ASA
Thats what all comes with it.

EsPo
08-01-2002, 10:32 PM
sry bout that sas, but personman, do u have a tko, b\c i do , and mine came with the stock rt barrel in the link in my other message, it also came with the foregrip seen in the link above, not aci.

halo13
08-01-2002, 10:39 PM
For the TKO, actionvillage uses the extra barrles that they have laying arround, so don't expect to get any specific kind. They may also do the forgrips like the barrles but I'm not 100% sure on that.

personman
08-01-2002, 10:54 PM
Well, they must have been out of stock on the parts then
Im almost 100% sure its what I got.
You can ask all the other aoers that got the tko..
Im pretty sure..

SaS
08-02-2002, 12:02 AM
no problem Espomag454, it's always odd with only text based messages... oh, it's all in CAPS he/she must be mad, and what not...

most packages include things that the store can't get rid of independantly... hence why agd doesn't include any barrels when you buy from them... your most likely going to buy something else

puckmaster
08-02-2002, 12:10 AM
I think its a prety good deal, go for it!

MonK
08-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Thanks I think Ill go with the TKO.But...Ive heard from alot of people with a TKO and they said it comes with all kinds of barrels that the site has overstocked...? Ive even heard of people getting smart parts progressive barrels with them...Oh well I think Ill order it in a couple of weeks.

MonK
08-02-2002, 01:57 PM
And oh yea i looked at that pic of the foregrip and that thing is UGLY...Is it the same one as in the pic at the site? And if it is it dosent have the rubber on it...

EsPo
08-02-2002, 02:00 PM
it may be hideous, but its hella-comfy. it is not the same one as in the pic, they prob just take the cheapest stuff they could find and stick it on there.

InvisibleBill
08-04-2002, 08:43 PM
Howdy. The front grip is kinda ugly, but it is comfy and it has a sticky feel to it. My friend got a TKO and he loves it. His came with a stock RT barrel, and that thing is pretty accurate for a stock barrel (just shows how cool and groovy AGD is). The only thing I didn't like about the TKO is that with the standard ASA it is back heavy, but that is easily fixed. Rock on, IB

Wheelman
08-05-2002, 03:36 PM
I got the s/f TKO in Oct. and it came just like the picture, comple with SP progressive barrel, of course, I think the only things on my mag that are still "stock" (as in when I bought it) are the sear and the vert ASA ( but I polished that)

Chupe
08-21-2002, 04:03 PM
go for it. its a good deal for what you get.

gander666
08-22-2002, 12:16 PM
I will chime in.

I just got the TKO package from pbgear.com, and it came with a stock RT barrel, the gas-thru foregrip ( and two pair of macroline 90 degree, + 2 parts of macroline). It does come with a 1 star valve, so you essentially have one warranty rebuild. I don't see that as too much of a problem, as I am pretty handy at repairing my own markers.

I also bought a PMI 68ci 3K fiber wrapped tank to go with it.

Played with it last weekend for some woods recball.

With the tank hanging on the bottom line adapter it was a bit cumbersome. Not a good fit shooting from the shoulder, and not really balanced. I found the foregrip just OK.

Since the game,I have bought a 5" dropfoward (nwpaintballproducts.com) and lost the foregrip, replaced the macroline with SS hose, and added a QD at the valve. Now it is very compact, and super neutral in balance. An easy one hand shooter.

THe RT barrel is OK, but I will likely replace it. Not sure with what or when yet. Still getting the feel for the 'mag.

Geoff