PDA

View Full Version : selling my mag to get a matrix?

excessenemy
08-01-2002, 07:55 PM
im being sucked in. please try and talk me out of it. i want to get rid of my mag to get a matrix.

Raptor3359
08-01-2002, 07:58 PM
i can take your mag off your hands free of charge. ;)

irbodden
08-01-2002, 08:08 PM
go for the Matrix, its KILLER.

RT_Luver
08-01-2002, 08:15 PM
how bout you get an emag. that way you have an electro....BUT still have a mag. makes since to me

BajaBoy
08-01-2002, 09:15 PM
will u sell your retro if u do deside to get another gun??:confused:

the123
08-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Hard to talk you out of it when I have a spare Matrix laying around :)
It's brand new, in the box, i've had it for almost a month now, just wondering what to do with it.i've had a couple offers for it, but want to explore all my options
PM me if you decide..i'm going to IAO next weel, i'll be in PA.
BRian

halo13
08-01-2002, 10:47 PM
look at the KAPP matrix! It makes me feel all warm and squishy.

Troy
08-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Before you dismiss every thing i'm about to say because I'm sponsored by AGD know that i used a Matrix part of last year. The Matrix is the second best paintball gun out there (The emag being 1st). The emag is has both electric and mechanical triggers. The emag has warp breaches, and a higher rate of fire. The matrix has cheap battery contector that if you break it, the whole solenoind has to be replaced. Finnally the mag is much easier to work on. If you buy a Matrix now you will just be kicking your self the first time you pick up the Extreme C and C.

pito189
08-01-2002, 11:55 PM
Why would KAPP not make the flame matrix with a matching trinity on the front. Now if you buy it you would have to get it speciality annoed or just be stuck with a none matching part.

If I was to spend that much money on a gun. I would want it to match perfectly.

Edited for spelling:rolleyes:

puckmaster
08-01-2002, 11:58 PM
Buy an E-mag Extreme CnC, There you have a Hot gun, but still have a mag

bigsarge72
08-02-2002, 05:02 AM
I agree, if you want a new gun, get a C&C. You will have a gun that rips like an Angel (or better), but one that doesn't chop paint (pretty much ever). How can you go wrong with that?

sarge

steveg
08-02-2002, 05:18 AM
The matrix has cheap battery contector that if you break it, the whole solenoind has to be replaced.

Sorry Troy but that is just silly:rolleyes: anyone with
a soldering iron,heatshrink and a new 9V connector can
replace that or any 9V connector.

Keystone makes a wonderfull hard plastic 9v connector

P.S. I solved the Matrix/Mag dilemma by owning both. I'll
be using the mag with lvl-10 for the first time this weekend.

P4ULuk
08-02-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by bigsarge72
I agree, if you want a new gun, get a C&C. You will have a gun that rips like an Angel (or better), but one that doesn't chop paint (pretty much ever). How can you go wrong with that?

sarge

No 'or' about it! :D :D The c&c is THE marker to have! hybrid mode is somthing to behold!

Paul.

Troy
08-02-2002, 06:11 AM
The first tournament i took my Matrix to i broke this part. It was also the first time I changed the battery. Sorry, but I don't carry soldering irons, o-scopes, or spectrum analysers to tournaments with me:p .

steveg
08-02-2002, 06:42 AM
I was refering to replacing the whole soleniod because of
a broken battery clip:) I do have a butane powered soldering iron,
and I do always carry a soldering iron in my toolbox for work.

"sorry sir your $1/4million cnc milling machine has to be
replaced because the backup battery clip broke"

just kidding !

excessenemy
08-02-2002, 08:21 AM
still leaning towards the trix. its only 650 brand new, and all you need to put on it is a bolt kit and reg.

manike
08-02-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by excessenemy
all you need to put on it is a bolt kit and reg.

Whats the bolt kit and reg cost now?

manike

pito189
08-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Right now the trinity is 55 bucks, and the bolt kit is 114 bucks from thematrixcenter.com

halo13
08-02-2002, 10:27 AM
From what I understand you can get a matrix with a centerflag hyper inline regulator and an OTP barrel for arround $699-$799 (prices from 888paintball, thematrixcenter). The Trinity LRP is arround $45 and the Aardvark bolt kit is $105 (prices from Aardvark). I liked the Matrix from day one but I never bought one because I don't know how I would get equal use from my emag and the matrix.

Top Secret
08-02-2002, 10:33 AM
That KAPP matrix is basically an expensive stock Matrix. They should really stop messing with people and throw in the Trinity Bolt kit.

Get a Emag LX or a RT Pro LX. Much more reliable, and you already know how to maintain them since you have a mag.

halo13
08-02-2002, 10:39 AM
You could get color changes from KAPP. Maybe a black flame and make all the other stuff chrome, that would look interesting.

irbodden
08-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Matrices rip, end of discussion. You could snag a Matrix with what you need for around the same cost of an Emag w/ LX.

rudy
08-02-2002, 11:28 AM
first of all I have a matrix and you dont want one unless you have some bolt kit and a front reg so tack that onto the price. but other then that you will find an emag to be more reliable, and the trigger on an emag can really be set nice. on the other hand the matrix trigger is excellent too its much like an angel trigger except i find it easier to go fast on the matrix because of the guns unique kick. see the matrix has no sear so it doesnt jolt as much as an emag or an angel (snap ring in angel as opposed to sear). the matrix will be a top contender and when the fully loaded matrix and emag extreme packages start really hitting the market expect to see the angel popularity and price fall. I think you will be happy either way. It is also easier to keep your gun on target with out the jolting kick. We are going to expirement with our angel snap ring though to see what we can do about the kick. and what adverse effects it may have.