PDA

View Full Version : new mag

IR3_Valkyrie
08-01-2002, 09:38 PM
I just got my mag today :D, and was wonderng if there were some important things to know about mags, its a 68 automag, powerfeed left, calsic valve, carbon fiber single frame(cut off trig gaurd), with what looks like an intelliframe trigger, rail extender with LAPCO foregrip, cant remeber whcihc kind of drop it is(long black bar with three holes cut in the center)and a 12 inch DYE stainless steel barrel

Blazingace
08-01-2002, 09:58 PM
First off Welcome. And Welcome tothe world of the Automag. You will find alot of good info and advice on AO. Sounds like you have a tight setup as it is. Your drop forward might be a lapco. I had one like it before. As long as you keep it oiled and relatively clean it should give you many hours of paintball pleasure. Are you running Air? If you are then no problem. CO2 is a little hard on the o-rings. Since the gun fires so fast you might suck up some liquid CO2. This causes temporary leaks. Once the vavle heats up again the leak goes away. Other than that it is a fast, accurate and reliable marker.

If you are thinking of upgrading then look no further than AO. There is not alot that you can do to a 'Mag compared to other guns but there are some really good buys that you can make the drasticly improve the gun. Lvl 10 has just been released and for 85 bucks you don't have to worry about chopping 99.999999% of the time. It is amazing. If you want a faster gun with reactive trigger, then the Retro valve is the way to go. Alittle pricey but very sweet. You can Warpfeed it, you may have seen these before, they take the hopper off the top of the gun and put it on the side. There are s few more, but you get the idea.

If you have any troble you can come here for help. Someone is always ready to try to help out when we can. Anyway welcome again.

virus
08-01-2002, 09:58 PM
well make sure teh powerfeed plug is aligned right and the barrel nubbins are good and use a full pull/full release on teh trigger and your ready to rock.....

and a good motorized hopper that is =)

only thing(s) you may want to get may be
parts kit (not that they are really needed but nice to have)
Level 10 upgrade
may update/grade the trigger frame

after that if you want a reactive trigger there is the Retro valve (if you get the LV10 it'll pop right in this valve too) other then that your favorite barrel setup.....

IR3_Valkyrie
08-01-2002, 11:28 PM
thanks for the info, and blazingace, im not a TOTAL newbie(i know what a warp is) ;), just to mags, and i have a 12-v revvy with 48 ci 3000 psi nitrogen, and a backup 20 oz co2 with on/off and anti-siphon, and the Level 10 is gonna be the next upgrade i get, like 30 more bucks and its mine.

IR3_Valkyrie
08-02-2002, 12:01 AM
and i was also thinking along the more technical aspects of a mag, like i keep hearing alot about trigger rod length and other stuff, why does the trigger rod lenght matter, i made mine longer to take up some of the front to back slop in the trigger, (and there was a LOT, and theres still some) and i havent noticed a change, but maybe its cuz i just longaballed 5 shots into the woods behind my house to make sure it was working, is there a thread on here that is the all-singing all-dancing newbie thread?

puckmaster
08-02-2002, 12:04 AM
Stay away from aftermarket parks(8 hole mods, charger valves, anything not made by AGD.(besides grip frames, drop forwards, barrels, hoses, etc.) Aftermarket parts sometimes makes the gun run worse if not the same as stock.

You dont realy want to mess with the trigger rod length that much if any, it can lead to problems.

IR3_Valkyrie
08-02-2002, 12:14 AM
How long should the trigger rod be? i am using the carbon fiber frame with what looks like a intellifram double trigger. And i just noticed the guy i bought it from installed a ANS Phase II venturi bolt, does this bolt require a foamie, and if it does, is there any good way to just make a good foamie until i can go buy one?

IR3_Valkyrie
08-02-2002, 11:45 AM
bUmP!

Thrash
08-02-2002, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure how long the trigger rod is supposed to be but u can find it in the faq's. I have an ans bolt and You don't have to use the fomie. My fomie fell off and i didn't put a new one on and played with it. Nothing bad happend.