PDA

View Full Version : I'm Freakin out over this new gun...

M-a-s-sDriver
08-01-2002, 09:49 PM
Check this one out...
http://www.sacpaintball.com/cgi-bin/java/YaBB.cgi?board=elk_grove&action=display&num=1017969608

Also, this board, www.sacpaintball.com , is the best local board I know...spend some time there, and look for me and Ace-PFB.
Brent Jackson.

freek133
08-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Kinda hard to really get tight with that gun, the back of the revvy's battery pack section would be hitting your lens.

Cliffio
08-01-2002, 10:08 PM
can someone post some pics?
i cant see em

Cliff

FooTemps
08-01-2002, 10:10 PM
I can't see the pics either

personman
08-01-2002, 10:11 PM

personman
08-01-2002, 10:12 PM
again

FooTemps
08-01-2002, 10:14 PM
Hmmm... I usually don't care how my gun looks but i've got to call that fugly....

Cliffio
08-01-2002, 10:14 PM
ok what the hell is that

halo13
08-01-2002, 10:29 PM
This thing has been at pbnation for a while now. The makers are actually adding to the thread regularly. Its under the custom guns thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69037

Sinnet
08-01-2002, 11:02 PM
i dont get it... is there any point to that nasty alien head block of metal?

halo13
08-01-2002, 11:14 PM
those are old pictures. Here are some more recent ones.

halo13
08-01-2002, 11:14 PM
go to the link that i posted about pbnation for more info!!

halo13
08-01-2002, 11:22 PM
Here is some "technical" stuff:

What the creator's friend says about the gun
As mentioned in the starting post of this subject the gun does use a door like an epic, but the design is much different. Their is an offset loading system that feeds the balls in then air shoots them. So a couple of you are correct when you say their couldn't be a bolt, but if you think it won't work well your mistaken.

What the creator says:
As far as specs go we haven't shot a lot of paint through the prototype and as soon as we got it running we made a significant change, so we went on to the next marker.
However we did set it on automatic at twelve balls a second and went through a couple of hoppers. Rate of fire is not a problem. Very fast very consistant and amazingly accurate.
So far as pressure goes I think the best brssure is between 300 and 350. Automag has their controlled release so they run at a higher pressure, but we're designing for the lower 300 range. Additionally, we are running very large airways and valve system so those that worship at the alter of low pressure can crank the dwell up and turn down the pressure.
Someone mentioned "like the Epic" yes we have a door "sliding hatch cover" and Epic has a door "Trapdoor" But the automag has a bolt and an autococker has a bolt and they are not alike. Alien and Epic are not alike.
The pictured version is nearly complete and we hope to be out at Telfords in Modesto Saturday the 20th up and shooting.

more stuff:
Ram Valve
dual hammer - 1 door 1 valve
Air Flow = Radius squred * Air flow
Cocker and Angel use 1/4 but Alien is going to use 1/3
= 70% higher flow past valve
Designed as Electro Pneumatic - fully electronic - no sear
Guns that use Humphreys solenoid: Shocker, Impulse, Bushmaster, Intimidator, Ect..
Can Operate as a blow back and sold for lot less $ as a blow back with sear with or with out electronic trigger
Guns that use SMC solenoid: Angel, Matrix
At first the Alien was only Tournament Electric
Homemade-
Duane Parsons - who did all prototype & developments & most of the machining for Twisted Paintball Products - ( www.twistedpb.com ) taken over & doing final body (not shown) and 1st run of Alien Markers
1st Run of Markers -100-
Alien Jack Expects to show them in Chicago - June
Picture of 1st run marker will be on by then
Hears a pic of that ram-valve combo

Again, a link to the pbnation thread.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69037&perpage=21&pagenumber=1

puckmaster
08-01-2002, 11:34 PM
Hmmm... I usually don't care how my gun looks but i've got to call that fugly....

Amen Brother

FooTemps
08-01-2002, 11:56 PM
OK, that guy needs some lessons in artistic design. Maybe if he made the gun look good...

TRIAD
08-01-2002, 11:56 PM
And the point is......

Geez, i thought my gun was ugly.

FooTemps
08-02-2002, 12:00 AM
Now that I'm finished with the outward apprearance. I really want to see how well it works. I'm just really curious how fast it can go. I heard the epic was really limited performance wise and I just hope that the alien isn't. That'd be cool.

Mossman
08-02-2002, 12:31 AM
Ya, ive been checking in a LOT on PBN. I know they've got their act together, glad they are working on developing the gun rather than PR and pretty colors. They've been promising videos and an Annoed nice looking marker for probably months now.

Seems like a great design although I dont understand the offset feeding yet. I think they had it shooting 280fps at 70psi on LP reg or something like that, which i find very impressive. It takes a pretty crazy and expensive cocker to cycle at 100psi...this thing seems to be built for it from the ground up, regardless of whether Mr. Rice buys into the LP hype or not.

Gonna be Very interesting when the beast hits the market.

DaFlip
08-02-2002, 01:23 AM
Its like the rainmaker, epic and shocker had a bastard child together and boy is it...umm...yeah...

DaFlip

RetroEclipseMan
08-02-2002, 02:11 AM
Carrying that thing around is probably just like carrying a dang brick around. Looks like there's quite a bit of metal there that could be milled off.

Mossman
08-02-2002, 02:26 AM
It has been. Theres at least 1 totally differnet version after the alien shaped original. They mentioned they milled away all the sharp edges on PBN...havent seen pics of that yet though.

joeyjoe367
08-02-2002, 02:38 AM
Function over Fashion(Sp? it's almost 1:00 :p ) is what I always say.

Get the damn thing to work right, and then dink around with how it looks.

demonguy8
08-02-2002, 03:56 AM
hmmm get one of them to make me a tempest since PPS wont do it for me :D

dansim
08-02-2002, 07:54 AM
finally a gun the automag is prettier than!

shartley
08-02-2002, 07:58 AM
I will be kind and only say one thing….

That has GOT to be the ugliest marker I have ever seen.

rhetor22
08-02-2002, 08:48 AM
guys...

they went and built an electro pnuematic painball gun from scrap. I would be giving them more compliments than saying damn your gun is ugly.

anyone else here want to try and build one of those? (tom you don't count.)

i think that represents some strong engineering skills.

dansim
08-02-2002, 09:00 AM
while it may represent some strong enginering skills its still ugly, but the question is why, we obviously aready heve electro pneumatic guns out there already as far as i can tell there producing theese to sell not say look i can build a gun!, so if we say its ugly then it is, and as far as compliments go

heres you
ADDA BOY!
thats all your getting from me, why should we praise antoher electro gun in an over crowded world let alone an ugly one

rhetor22
08-02-2002, 04:14 PM
um.. improvement, duh!

paintbattler
08-02-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio
ok what the hell is that
haha..thats what im trying to figure out..all i see is an alien

MikeCouves
08-02-2002, 09:52 PM
Oh my god I have the ugliest mag in the world and it's like 5 or maybe 6 times better looking then that.

Ityl
08-02-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Mossman
I think they had it shooting 280fps at 70psi on LP reg or something like that, which i find very impressive. It takes a pretty crazy and expensive cocker to cycle at 100psi...this thing seems to be built for it from the ground up, regardless of whether Mr. Rice buys into the LP hype or not.

Actually stock cockers cycle at less than 100 psi. The LP reg controls the ram. I know I've heard many cockers down in the 20s, and the race gun shooting 16 bps at around 40 psi. Angels are at 85-90. Impulses are at whatever the operating pressure is at (~170) because of the lack of LPR. You are mixing up operating pressure and cycling pressure. So 70 psi is far from impressive, more around standard or into the good range.

vf-xx
08-02-2002, 11:40 PM
I dunno. Looks cool to me. I mean since its a prototype it isn't supposed to LOOK cool yet. Milling comes later.

Comon guys look at the development of the Extreme. Geeze

FooTemps
08-02-2002, 11:51 PM
But wasn't the extreme just the prettification, weight shaving, and ACE adding of the emag? Yeah, it is a lot but there was already the basic gun behind the design. The alien just had the concept and they've been evolving the design more and more.