PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 to big :(

cledford
08-01-2002, 09:56 PM
I posted this in the level 10 problem thread but thought I bring it up here also. My level 10 bolt is to big for my Emag bady and won't fit. It does fit fine in the Automag bodies. Anyone know what's up?

-Calvin

Blade
08-01-2002, 09:59 PM
WOW thats odd, some of my buddys have e-mags, and their lvl 10s just slipped right in.....some one help this man, its hard to live with out a lvl 10

Blazingace
08-01-2002, 10:03 PM
I don't know if you saw this already, but I remember seeing something about this problem. There might be a burr in the body somewhere that is holding the bolt up. If there is you might be able to file it down to make the bolt fit. There is also the possibility that the bolt is really too large for the body. I think that they said that you can sand the bolt down very lightly to make it fit. Don't quote me on this but I think I saw this come up before. Hope this helps.

cledford
08-01-2002, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the info :)

-Calvin

cledford
08-01-2002, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I miked my old bolt that measures at .680 in diameter at the tip. The Superbolt II miked in at .687. It won't fit through the ring in the Emag main body - which indeed does seem to have a slight burr on it. God knows how someone would get it off. Guess I'll just have to use this level 10 kit for the Retro Mag :) (Goes into the hopper left and warp 'Mag bodies just fine)

-Calvin

BlackVCG
08-02-2002, 02:28 AM
The SuperBolt II should be .685 at the tip to help it seal better down the barrel and reduce blowback. What you need to do is get a round needle file and smooth out the mainbody washer. They aren't too expensive and you can find them at most hardware stores.

cledford
08-02-2002, 09:04 AM
Black,

Thanks for the advice. I had a needle file set but wasn't sure if I'd be able to get up in the body to knock down the burr. (They're kinda short) I also was worried about the coarseness of the file - but alas I was determined to get my level-10 going last night so I gave it a try. Burr is gone - level 10 is installed :)

Thanks,

-Calvin

Fluffy_the_Conqueror
09-16-2002, 09:21 PM
my lvl 10 isn't fitting in my powerfeed mag. i can't find a burr. ideas? sand the bolt itself?

Havoc_online
09-16-2002, 09:29 PM
I'd say buy some calibers and measure the bolt first.

BlackVCG
09-17-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
I'd say buy some calibers and measure the bolt first.

You can't be a tech if you don't know how to spell "calipers". Hahaha! :)

Fluffy- Smooth it out with a needle file even if you don't see a burr.

Havoc_online
09-17-2002, 03:53 AM
You can't be a tech if you don't know how to spell "calipers". Hahaha! DOUH! LOL....

I was typing too fast, yea, that's it.......**holds head down in shame**