PDA

View Full Version : Autococker OR Automag OR..........

Blazingace
08-01-2002, 10:13 PM
HA you all thought that this was going to be the same old thing didn't you!!! Well shame on you. I just wanted to know roughly how many of you own 'Mags, Cockers of Both. As you can see from my sig. I have both a Minimag and an Autococker. I think that there are alot of people that do own both. I was just curious.

EDIT: Had both....Traded for an Impulse.

BajaBoy
08-01-2002, 11:05 PM
mag

puckmaster
08-01-2002, 11:44 PM
Ya, get both. I buying a 99 vertical cocker used from my local store soon. I just tried it out today, just for kicks, and i loved it(not more than my mag tho) I can shoot a lot faster with the cocker than my mag.(I got 10 bps on the cocker with numerouse chops and dry fireing, only 7 on my mag) So like i said before, GET BOTH!

Mossman
08-02-2002, 12:32 AM
Owned both til a couple weeks ago when I sold the Ol' cocker. Maggage = Lovvage

RetroEclipseMan
08-02-2002, 02:26 AM
I guess i have both. I mean i have my mag and then my friend let me borrow his revenge cocker like 6 months ago and then decided to quit for a while and i've had it ever since.

Mossman
08-02-2002, 02:28 AM
lucky jerk retro.

Oh, and BTW, i am following you around :)

demonguy8
08-02-2002, 04:29 AM
a way to get the "best" of both worlds....

a cocker type operation, but reliable, with an rt trigger!

THE TEMPEST! (now all you gotta do is convince Palmer's to actually make them *which is never gonna happen*)

But since I'm actually gonna try and post something usefull here, I must say that I have a cocker which I spent an enormous amount of money on and I have an rtpro which I just got... my cocker is now for sale to pay for the warp+ lvl 10+ zgrip that im getting for the rtp :D

thats just MY story though... your decision should be based upon which you like better/money/how dedicated to maintanance you are/how good you are at not tinkering with your gun (one of the main reasons a cocker was a bad idea for me )

paintbattler
08-02-2002, 09:44 AM
i only own my mag. ive been trying to trade it but now i gonna keep it.

DarkRipper
08-02-2002, 02:08 PM
Cocker, no mag.

I think all the "mag is better than cocker, nuh uh, cocker is better than mag" crap is juvenile.

DR

FutureMagOwner
08-02-2002, 02:18 PM
i own both...

mike e
08-02-2002, 02:19 PM
i own both and recomend one or the other to different people. you tinker, and your good at it, get a cocker, if not get a mag. one thing i recomend for each though is level 10 for the mag and a swing for the cocker, imho it puts both of those guns in a league of their own with those mods. ive owned electrics and they just arent for me. i love mechanical triggers i guess

mykroft
08-02-2002, 07:27 PM
1 Cocker, 2 Mags, an Angel & a Spyder. I've also owned another Cocker, 1 Sniper III (POS) and aDefiant.

Blazingace
08-03-2002, 05:29 PM
Quite cool:cool: . My cocker has a hinge trigger. Once I get the Shocktech bomb on it I will have the trigger pull down to like 3-4mm. It rips. My Retromini is the absolute most macking gun on earth. I just played today with it and my new Hyperframe. OH MY GOD:eek: . Everyone was super impressed, especially since it has the Lvl 10. Not a single chop all day. Guy with Toxic Impulse, very nice, was blending like a bartender in the Bahamas. Alot of guys wished that they still had their 'Mags.

mike e
08-03-2002, 06:42 PM
yea i have a bomb with a WGP hinge and i measured my pull at 3.4 mm they are great, i cant recomend shocktech products enough

Havoc_online
09-02-2002, 01:41 AM
you all need to go see Tom's personal collection(at least the part he has at Airgun locked up, the rest is "at his mom's house")

I got to hold Tom's first gun(forgot the name of it but it looked like a dang pellet rifle or a mini M1903), the first semi Tom made, the first a.i.r.(not classic back then;) ),first mini, a couple of proto's and of course his military marker....Thanks again TK:)

misfit
09-02-2002, 01:54 AM
id get a blazer from palmer, they are light small and verry high quality, and verry reliable.

Polishpickles451
09-02-2002, 01:49 PM
get a nice cocker and you'l be happy :)
if you don't want to tinker w/ your gun like i do, then get a mag.

Warewolf50
09-02-2002, 08:54 PM
i first had a cocker then i sold it. I then got a bushy and then I got an e-mag. I just recently traded my bushy for the original cocker that i had.

PBpunk
09-03-2002, 08:22 PM
i have a cocker
the only reason i dont have a mag is cause i throw as much money as i can at my cocker to make it look cool

oh an i disagree with the comment about "if you tinker with guns dont get a cocker" cause i tinker with mine constantly and it is very reliable you just have to know what you are doing.

Laxpunk2006
09-04-2002, 05:40 PM
Hey Ace, been missin you around A.I.R. As you know I got a cocker and am considering a CnC Xtreme. So hopefully soon I'll be able to say I have both. :)

soulegend
09-04-2002, 05:46 PM
I have a cocker, and I love it. I really don't get many ball chops or anything. I can't say that I've ever shot a mag though. I still want one though. I'd love to have both.

Blazingace
09-04-2002, 09:36 PM
the Great and Powerful Laxpunk has arrived. Hail. I have not gotten on-line much in the last month or two. Welcome to AO and I will see you around here or on A.I.R.:D

magman007
09-05-2002, 06:58 PM
well, i have owned both. But i currently have an e-mag which is for sale, then i will have an extremew

Laxpunk2006
09-06-2002, 09:22 PM
Speaking of xtremes... How would I goa bout getting one? I don't see them on the AGD online store, so where could I get it. Are they not for sale yet or only at big events or what? Somebody fill me in on this one.

HoppysMag
11-17-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Laxpunk2006
Speaking of xtremes... How would I goa bout getting one? I don't see them on the AGD online store, so where could I get it. Are they not for sale yet or only at big events or what? Somebody fill me in on this one. if you want one anytime this year what you have to do is go back in time and get on a waiting list... if you want one you have to find a dealer taking orders for them and sign up... i think

battlegroup
11-18-2002, 11:21 AM
Had both but the Cocker was more of a money pit than my mag. My mag was much more reliable and When I needed some money I sold the cocker.

Snewk
11-18-2002, 11:28 AM
I have both now. Got a great deal on a cocker with an eclipse frame and kapp front pneumatics, just need a barrel and a shocktech drop and I'm set. Take care of your cocker and your mag, and they will take care of you. I've seen too many guns go into disrepair only to be sold off instead of doing $30 parts of repair to them because the owner is lazy. If you take the time to play a game with your gun, take the time to clean it up and check stuff on it. Peace.

Halo2x
11-18-2002, 07:01 PM
I gots meself a mag, a c0cker ands a pie!!!!:D

dtm
11-19-2002, 06:44 PM
mag period