PDA

View Full Version : AGD Lions need you at the IAO

Troy
08-01-2002, 10:30 PM
We are looking for an AOer to hang out with us at the IAO (in Pittsburg)and take pictures during our games to be posted on AO. We will be playing the 7man Am on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Perfer someone with a digital camera. If you are interested email me at tat3@uwm.edu.

If you see us there stop by and say hi. We will be wearing Empire jerseys.

AGD Lions

Cliffio
08-01-2002, 10:47 PM
where is IAO?

SlipknotX556
08-01-2002, 11:39 PM
Pittsburg.

Top Secret
08-02-2002, 11:02 AM
Well I'll be there. I'll be with Team IPR(7-man Novice), but I'm sure we could hang with you guys. :)

Prairie
08-03-2002, 08:50 PM
Why are you all playing Amatuer...?

Just wondering.

Arturus
08-03-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Prairie
Why are you all playing Amatuer...?

Just wondering.

As in... Why aren't they playing at a Pro level?

or...

Why are you only playing as Amateurs' at IAO?

Prairie
08-03-2002, 09:25 PM
"No."

As in, why arent they playing novice at IAO. Amateur is an EXTREMELY competitve division.

Troy
08-03-2002, 11:00 PM
We know that the am. division is very competive, but we still expect to win. 5 of the 7 players that are going to the IAO are former SOBs. As the SOBs we won world cup and the NPPL AM B series in 99. The SOBs have been top 5 at the IOA a handfull of times. The other 2 players we have are Chance and Chester from the S.P.O.R.E.s. Both are solid paintballers and are extremely fast. We will also be playing World Cup this year in the Am division.

Arturus
08-03-2002, 11:12 PM
"No."

As in, why arent they playing novice at IAO. Amateur is an EXTREMELY competitve division.

Got it. ;)

Robbo
08-05-2002, 10:40 AM
"No." As in, why arent they playing novice at IAO. Amateur is an EXTREMELY competitve division.

If you think the Am division is gonna be competitive, what do you think the X-Ball is gonna be like ?
The best of the best against the best of the best, should be fun :)
Robbo

Webmaster
08-05-2002, 11:39 AM
Troy,

Im bringing my Canon and the long lens....

I am used to taking tourney pics and have taken many for APG. I am working the AGD booth though. So... if Tom wants me to take pics of you guys for any reason - let me know. I have no problem doing it - its just a matter of if Tom wants me to.

take care!

i-luv-my-rt
08-05-2002, 04:09 PM
Hey,

I'll be hanging around friday. I could prolly take some pics of you guys on friday for most of the day. It will be better then nothing if no one else can.

Also, it's cool that your going there expecting to win in the AM division. But the fact is, is that AM these days is alot harder than it has ever been. AM B is now Novice, which there is also alot of good players/teams. You definitly have a tough tourney in front of ya.