PDA

View Full Version : "Medusa" trigger frame

someVWkid
08-02-2002, 08:08 AM
If anyone has ANY news on the new Medusa trigger frame, post it here. any information would be appreciated. this is what I have so far:

Our new Benchmark Medusa "Sling" Trigger Frame is almost ready. We are finishing our Beta testing, and the results are even better than expected. Our head tech Earl has his trigger down to a 1mm SUPER light pull. The really good news is that this frame will fit both 'Cockers and Mags (you'll see...).
(seen on the proteam webpage @ http://www.proteamdirect.com/updates.html)

Please note that we also have a new frame coming out - the Medusa - with is a sling or swing trigger, magnetically balanced and designed for both cockers and mags (same frame, different sears). You might want to hold off and get this when available (coupd of weeks).
(an email from steve davidson)

CRiZO
08-02-2002, 07:03 PM
I also read that and am wondering about it... pro team has made a lot of things that people don't know they did and turned out really well. I've always had bad luck with trying out new things, so I'm gonna wait for them to come out and get reviewed before anything, and until then buy myself an intelliframe... does anyone happen to have some 'inside info' or pics or anything?

sniper1rfa
08-02-2002, 07:28 PM
hmm, i bet the magnets are just already pulling the trigger a little, acting like a small assist, making you have to just (theoretically) break the friction of the trigger and the magnets will do the rest. neat, but odd, and probably not as good as they say.

i could be wrong though. :D

68microboy
08-02-2002, 07:40 PM
will they have any at the iao?

someVWkid
08-02-2002, 09:30 PM
my boss at the paint shop i work at says he know something about it when i asked today. he said its very similar to the emag frame, using magnets instead of spings to return the trigger, or something like that. anyhoo he basically said its like an aftermarket adjustable emag frame for a classic mag, or that was my understanding of his explanation of it.

CRiZO
08-02-2002, 10:26 PM
so in other words it'll cost too much and we should all be merry and spend the money on Frosty's from Wendys... mmm.. *drool*

EsPo
08-02-2002, 11:10 PM
frostys mmmmmmmm tru dat

someVWkid
08-03-2002, 09:18 AM
i havent heard anything about prices, but cant imagine it costing too much. benchmark hasnt really been known for ripping off on prices, and it cant possibly cost too much to replace spings with magnets, can it? guess we'll wait and see.

einhander619
08-03-2002, 10:29 AM
It's not how much it cost to make it, it's how much someone will pay for it. Just ask DYE.

RetroEclipseMan
08-03-2002, 09:11 PM
I second that one.

personman
08-03-2002, 09:35 PM
Eh, Its electronic right?
Probally out of my ballpark ($30 :D ) but im curious.

someVWkid
08-04-2002, 08:40 PM
im pretty sure its mechanical, no electrics, just magnets.

personman
08-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Thats a good idea!
I would buy one.. actually I would wait for reviews and money. :p
Im not familiar about how the magnet system works on emags though.. I really should learn.. :p

Thrash
08-04-2002, 09:59 PM
I hope its angled a little bit like the z grip but not nearly as much.maybe just 15 degrees. but i bet it won't happen. i have a benchy right now and kinda want to get rid of it for a intelli frame but i don't wanna spend the money. if it has a fairly short pull and not much slop, i'll prolly get it. I wish they had a picture of it.

personman
08-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Well, I bet its going to be 100-200 USD, maby more..

sniper1rfa
08-05-2002, 09:49 PM
the phrase "magnetically balanced trigger" leads me to believe its something more than just a magnetic return. like i said, i bet the magnets are already pulling the trigger a little, making for a lighter trigger.

askearl
08-07-2002, 08:36 AM
To answer a few questions, we are going to debut the frame at the World Cup in Orlando in October. That is not to say that some frames will be available before that. We have some people testing the frames and submitting there feedback. We hope to have all the feedback in by the first part of Sept. If it is all good then we will release the frame then, if not we will rework what needs to be corrected and go from there. Myself espeically, I want to make sure this frame is as close to perfect as it can be. I know we won't make everyone happy but we will make the vast majority happy. But on the specifics, right now there are NO electronics in the frame, and the magnets are simply for the return, afterall, sweetspots are illegal in tournament play ;) . The frame is totally externally adjustable. On the mag you will be able to take forward play out, backward travel out and sear rod slop out. On a cocker, you will be able to fine tune the 3-way, adjust sear release,, and adjust backward travel, and adjust spring tension on the sear. Unfortunately we still have to have that nasty spring under the sear, but we are working on a way to eliminate that as well. Well enough for know, keep watching the web for the release and I will keep watching on here for any questions.

drx975
08-07-2002, 12:44 PM
I emailed pro-team and asked them about the release date of the Medusa Frame. Basically I was wondering where the pictures are since it has been 2 months when they said it would be released soon (June 4th). This is the reply I got, some of this was already mentioned in the post above:

We got a couple of ideas from the testers that we are incorporating into the frame, we are currently reworking these items and with any luck, our testers will like them and we will get the frames released to the public. However it may be as far out as World Cup before we are ready to release them. I am sorry for the wait but we are trying to release the best frame to date (by anybody) so we don't want to rush it.
Earl McCormick
Lead Tech
Pro-Team Products

I say take your time......

EDIT: I have a question for Pro-Team about the Mag Medusa Frame version, will the current sear used for stock Mags be also used with this frame, or will there be a new sear?

personman
08-07-2002, 01:23 PM
Sounds nice, Im assuming your from benchmark?
Take your time, see if you can make it high quality, no offence but the current benchmark frame for automags isnt very good. Lots of slop as I hear.

InvisibleBill
08-08-2002, 02:04 PM
Sounds cool. But the slop that personman mentioned would keep me away for a bit, untill I could play with one. And why would you want frostys:D? Ben and Jerries Ice cream is better, and hot chicas work at the local Ben and Jerris (another great reason...girls!). Oh, is the medusa doudle? I am assuming it is. IB.

Angry Man
09-04-2002, 06:29 PM
Currently how man millimeters is the pull and how many pounds? (For both the cocker and mag versions.)

someVWkid
09-04-2002, 09:26 PM
the people demand pictures!!!

speedyejl
09-04-2002, 10:20 PM
they said the head tech got his down to 1mm (awsome!)

angelKiller16
09-05-2002, 03:04 PM
I wish that Pro Team/Benchmark would get some pitures out. I would like something from Benchmark like a list of features etc.

**edit** sorry didn't relize that the post above was from pro-team/benchmark rep.**

Angry Man
09-06-2002, 01:38 PM
this info is for the cocker version, but uhh....still interesting.

not sure how light the trigger pull is but it's a "whole lot lighter" than 3-pounds (the guy said a 3 pound minumum scale was all he had acess to)

3 way has some effect on the trigger pull but apparently it's about the same even with different 3 ways. of course length of pull is dependant on 3 way, though

msrp is gonna be about 130 (not sure if it's gonna be the same for the cocker and mag versions), so it'll be competitively priced with the intelliframe

Brendan
09-09-2002, 05:45 PM
I am really interested in this frame. I need to know a few things though. First, when you say you can get the trigger pull down to 1mm did that involve sear modifications(i.e. sanding, shaving, etc)? second, how much is that actuall pull in pounds on the mag version? got any hard numbers? third, how much, when, and where?!!

Angry Man
09-09-2002, 06:39 PM
The trigger pull is less than 3 pounds for the cocker, about the same for the mag I assume.

I think 1mm is on the cocker, mags just can't have mechanical triggers that short, but I assume it's VERY short for the mag too. (Since I've never seen a cocker hinge below 1cm, I think mags and triggers have similar triggers but who knows....)

angelKiller16
09-12-2002, 11:36 AM
UP!;)

EsPo
09-12-2002, 05:26 PM
pics would make this thread peachy

Brendan
09-15-2002, 06:11 PM
yia I gotta say without some picks to back it up, this frame kinda seems like a myth! Will the project ever get off the ground?

drx975
09-15-2002, 08:06 PM
To answer a few questions, we are going to debut the frame at the World Cup in Orlando in October.

It's not a myth, its just not released yet.

Brendan
09-15-2002, 08:24 PM
oh I know, but it at least seems like it is! it was scheduled to be released by now!

SI|ENT|3O|3
09-15-2002, 09:44 PM
god i want to see this so bad...it sounds pretty cool. if it is all it is lived up to be i will have to sell my intelliframe and get a medusa :D. I want some pics!!
-sebastian

KamikazePenguin
09-16-2002, 12:38 PM
allowing a mag user to adjust a front stop/back stop/sear movement seems like a very precarious move for PTP. As far as I can tell, it would be tantamount to telling everyone to put trigger stops in front of and behind their triggers and telling them to adjust their trigger rod to make their trigger pull as short as possible.

How I understand it, I think this may result in a lot of burned out sears from a user that saw the 1mm figure on a message board and said "I WANTS OT AMKE MY TRIGGAR THAT SHORT! 1MM LIEK MY BRTOHAS COCKAR!! TRIOGGAR JOB YAYS!"

drx975
09-16-2002, 04:56 PM
Kamikaze you are right. Remember this everyone: if AGD's Intelliframe is yay-short in pull, then that's the shortest it will get. No one knows Mags better than AGD themsselves, therefore, they should know whats good and not good for your gun. Using a conventional method (unique and easy, yet bad for the gun) I made a 1mm trigger out of my stock frame, using the safety as a trigger stop. I figured however that it would eventually chip the bolt, as very little metal is holding the bolt in this setup.

HOWEVER, by use of magnets, this frame could (and more than likely is) a totally different situation. What I mean is this: take neodymium magnets (some of the more powerful magnets even at a small size, believe me they are STRONG) and put the poles together, North and North or S and S. Now when you let go of one, the other will go flying across the table (yes). Now, with powerful magnets such as these, or even more powerful magnets, a 1mm pull could actually push a magnet (and thus the sear) the length of 5mm or maybe more, including the resistance from the bolt. This would also yield a tremendously light trigger pull because the magnet is now doing all the work by pushing the sear for you. The only thing that will be a temporary problem will be getting used to an Angel-like trigger. From the way I see it, there should be no premature wear on any part. This is all of course, assuming the frame is machined to exactly how it is supposed to be. Just manufacturing this product will make it expensive.

So think about this, and remember we are developing new ideas all the time. Just because we think that we cannot make a trigger pull shorter, doesnt mean that we are right...

xmetal2001
09-16-2002, 09:38 PM
In other words: This frame is gonna double to posts in tech forum

:)

athomas
09-17-2002, 09:47 AM
I think this frame should work well.

The trigger stops in back are a good thing. It allows you to adjust for over travel of the trigger. You really don't have to pull the trigger past the point where it releases the sear. Any additional travel is time and energy wasted.

The trigger stop in front is good if it is done correctly. It allows you to adjust the angle that the trigger sits at rest. This would have to be done in conjunction with the trigger rod and the rear trigger stop.

The total trigger pull length can't change unless the trigger rod is relocated further down the trigger. Maybe they've done this too. That would be neat and feasible if the magnets could offset the additional pull required to move the sear.

I can hardly wait to see this new frame and the possibilities it gives us.

joeyjoe367
09-18-2002, 03:56 AM
It could also be that the rear-front trigger stops are only for the 'cocker versions. PTP DOES make the micro series of mags, so they probably know, to some extent, what they're doing.

I'd 'still like to see what this thing's got goin' for it tho.

askearl
09-18-2002, 09:00 AM
Just a little more info, I know this isn't a cocker forum but with all the talk on the Medusa I figured I would add this little comment. There are 0 springs in the frame now. Yes 0, the sear spring for the cocker is now replaced with magnets and it works very well. Still playing with the mag part but I hope everyone will be happy when it comes out. Just don't expect too much. The Medusa is a very sweet frame but it is still a mechanical frame so you still have to pull the trigger. I do agree with drx975, there is a minimum amount of travel that the mag sear has to make in order for the gun to work so just keep this in mind. Also, I am begging to post some pictures, I even have them ready, I just have to get the OK to place them on the web, but when I do, they will be on here first. I will even try to post them on here before we place them on the PTP website. SO keep the posts coming and if you haave any ddirect question you can post on here or you can e-mail me directly.

Coaster
09-18-2002, 04:57 PM
pics pics pics!!!

KamikazePenguin
09-18-2002, 05:43 PM
color me skeptical.

paint king
09-18-2002, 06:21 PM
Just read this thread and i am pumped. :) :) :) Should be very intresting. I really want to see those pics i hope you can get the OK to post them.

Coaster
09-25-2002, 06:15 PM
any updates?

someVWkid
09-29-2002, 02:16 PM
closer and closer and no 1 has ANY updates?

TastePAINt88
09-29-2002, 03:10 PM
Well, This thread just made my Day, I dont have a mag yet, but Im looking at either the TKO mag or just a powerfeed mag, If anyone knows whether or not the TKO coems with the video and stuff? If it does Im going for the TKO, if not, Im going to get just a stock one and thenbuy stuff, so If anyone knows whether or not the TKO coems with the video, that will help greatly! But, I tlooks like I dont want the Intelliframe anymore, but this thing looks great! I emailed Benchy just awhile ago, hopefully Ill gte some more answers for this forum.
__________________________________________________ __________
Yesterday was my bday, so Im still waiting for the money that I usually get from relatives, Cause Im just under 200 dollars right now, This may not be the best place to post this, but I was thinking of getting my mag in this order:
Mag
Nitro
Barrel
<Foregrip right here, unless I get the TKO>
Medusa
Level 10
Retro
???
???
__________________________________________________ __________

Mods:
Ill delete this message and the part outlined with '_' if you ask me to, since it may be unnecesarry for this post, please tell me if you think I should delete this part, And I certainly will.
Anyhelp,

EsPo
09-29-2002, 03:24 PM
i bought a tko mag and it does come with the video and owners manual and all of that good stuff.

TastePAINt88
09-29-2002, 04:10 PM
Ok, tHe Im going with the TKO, once I get a bit more money

Shirow
09-29-2002, 04:18 PM
yes the TKO comes with everything

someVWkid
09-29-2002, 06:21 PM
i built my mag from the ground up cuz im doin everything aftermarket too. all u need is a rail and a body if you're upgrading everything else, so thats how i'd go with that. then u can buy a sick milled rail and a black body. i got a black body, very pretty. dont bother buying a ready to rock gun sez me.

someVWkid
09-29-2002, 06:26 PM
i just realised this is a "medusa" thread. maybe we should try to keep things on that topic and save other topics for other threads (i know im guilty for responding to that last one, i was just trying to help as was everyone else). just for the future im saying.

angelKiller16
10-01-2002, 06:46 AM
I WANT SOME PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's oct 1st and i can't even get a pic how much closer to the date of elease do we have to get?

wrex69
10-01-2002, 08:39 AM
some pics wouild be nice or maybe a video of it in action. you can even do a thumbs up after you dump a hopper just like Mr. kaye:D

Vanced
10-01-2002, 10:44 AM
I talked to the lovely sales lady at Pro Team, and all I really found out was that they are going to have them all the cup, they are probably taking all they have completed with them for sale there, and the following week or so will start to sell um much like the Extreams & Level 10's As fast as they can make um... So get in line... I know I will be. Sounds like a nifty toy... and yes the price will be slighty higher than that of an I Frame....but sounds like it will be worth a try... I think I am going to be building a new and a 3rd Micro-RT to see what I can get this lady to do... And know I'll be sure to let AO know what I come up with...

But I forgot to ask if it will come in a blade trigger, so if the folks at pro team in the know see this??? and I pray it does... I know the standard double benchies don't, so I may be taking a dremel to a groove... it wouldn't be the first time...But would hate too...

Vanced

triggerman
10-01-2002, 02:14 PM
please please please for the love of our sanity give us pictures of it

wrex69
10-01-2002, 02:17 PM
whats with the hello kitty fan club thing

triggerman
10-01-2002, 02:23 PM
its a Caporea fan club pin. she's the air gun spokes woman and quite the paintball warrior chick im told.. not to mention the fact that shes hot!

wrex69
10-01-2002, 02:30 PM
do you have any pics of her. screw the medusa we want pics of the hot paintball chic:D

Coaster
10-02-2002, 07:25 PM
up!

speedyejl
10-03-2002, 03:56 PM
Personally lets stay on the topic, the Medusa. There are other forms/threads for everything off topic that was posted here. Its mostly just that everytime somone posts, my hopes get up, then drop and I become viotlent :mad: Now of course lets get some updates!

KamikazePenguin
10-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
Personally lets stay on the topic, the Medusa. There are other forms/threads for everything off topic that was posted here. Its mostly just that everytime somone posts, my hopes get up, then drop and I become viotlent :mad: Now of course lets get some updates!

do you have any idea how whiny you sound? oh, sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up.

TastePAINt88
10-03-2002, 07:18 PM
here are two small small emails i received in reply:

Price on the frame is going to be $129.95 satin black and $149.95 in Nickel or Polished Black. Pictures will be posted closer to the release date.

AND

We are hoping the New Medusa frame will be ready by World Cup. Which is 3rd week in October

Coaster
10-03-2002, 08:48 PM
w00t , thanks for the update

ZyperioN
10-04-2002, 02:57 PM
goddammit get me PICTURES lol. comon PTP please!!!!!!!!

Coaster
10-08-2002, 08:45 PM
UP!

someVWkid
10-15-2002, 09:05 PM
hey benchmark guy! is that $129 with or without grips? you should sell it with dye stickies, BUT unlike the intelliframe, offer a color choice; ruby red or something. just a thought. also... i noticed that all the standard benchmark frames can be anodized in like one of 4 or so colors. do we get this option with the medusa, or is it black and nickle for now? is there any spiffy milling on the frame? like the real deal medusa's head with snakes or sumthin? we with the custom mags need answers! its been while since we've heard anything and the cup is about a week away!

ZyperioN
10-16-2002, 01:53 PM
UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someVWkid
10-16-2002, 03:26 PM
what does "UP" mean?

EsPo
10-16-2002, 03:28 PM
up is just a word to say in a pointless post so that this thread will go to the top of the page, so more people will see it.

angelKiller16
10-17-2002, 07:46 AM
its the 17th and still no pics COMMON!!!!!!!!!

someVWkid
10-21-2002, 08:51 PM
third week of October and alas... NOTHING! I'm thinkin those who have been following the medusa thang the whole way through should be the first to get em. not that im in charge or anything but i've been waiting since the middle of summer and have been patiently waiting on nothing but rumors! whats the deal?

ZyperioN
10-22-2002, 02:22 PM
I agree this is getting to be a huge pile of BS

magnj
10-22-2002, 06:45 PM
!!!!!!( emphasis on!) this frame sounds amazing, If its anything like descriped( you move it 1mm it moves the sear 5mm. That would make it possible for a damn short pull. I want nickle with clear stikies. Its 0ct22 and no pics on the ptp site. Im being patient since i just found this thread, but i want pics

Coaster
10-22-2002, 11:42 PM
just want to tell you guys how i think it works. They have a gear that makes it 5 times as hard to pull but at the same time moves the sear the same amount as a normal one , the opposite of the Current Benchmark Frame. Then they compinsate this with magnets that reduce the pull by 10-15x making the pull very short, with a constant pull on the trigger.

joeyjoe367
10-23-2002, 12:52 AM
WOw, that sounds like some crazy shiznak... I really would like to see how the frame comes out cosmetically.

Personally, I'd rather see diagrams.

BTAutoMag
10-23-2002, 11:54 AM
will someone PLEASE post a pic the suspense is killing me

ZyperioN
10-23-2002, 02:06 PM
hey BTautomag congrats on the 2500 post mark!!!!!!!

yeah and when are we getting some pics? the world cup is now 3 days old

Coaster
10-23-2002, 04:36 PM
found this in the WC thread:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dieselpower2/photos/cup2002/wc122.jpg

Tenks
10-23-2002, 05:25 PM
Is it just me or ... eww.

magnj
10-23-2002, 05:40 PM
THank the lord. I like it. Different look, i like the big gap behind the trigger, looks kinda raw though i see magnmets outside the frame, oh well. I WANT ONe

Coaster
10-23-2002, 05:42 PM
yep, beauty and performance do not always come in the same package.

someVWkid
10-23-2002, 08:32 PM
yea, if u wanted baeuty u shouldnt have gotten a mag. im curious to see what it looks like on a mag.

ZyperioN
10-23-2002, 08:32 PM
did they try to make it as hideous as the mythological medusa too?:D hey it dont look that bad, im still gonna get one

TastePAINt88
10-23-2002, 08:38 PM
I kinda like the look of it though. it doesnt look bad, IMO. I wouldnt mind AT ALL for that thing to be on MY brand new TKO mag, but the pic shows up like ***** on my screen, but what I can see it looks pretty good.

einhander619
10-23-2002, 08:46 PM
Has anything been said about this frame as far as performance with a retro valve?

Coaster
10-23-2002, 09:04 PM
i have a feeling that since there are magnets that are constantly pulling on it, that the input pressure to the retro will need to be turned up. I really am not sure about how well it will perform, but i thought i would mention that.

BTAutoMag
10-24-2002, 04:41 PM
hmmm, not too bad, but i want to see what it looks like on a mag

nospmas311
10-24-2002, 04:41 PM
That thing is so Buffugly

EsPo
10-24-2002, 04:44 PM
it looks decent, i was expecting a better looking frame, but some1 should photoshop that baby on a mag....

rjvemt1
10-24-2002, 07:33 PM
i know i could find out if i just reviewed this thread but i have a cold and i am feeling lazy, but how does this thing work?

Jack & Coke
10-24-2002, 08:55 PM
I wonder if the same frame can be installed on either cockers or mags... kind of a "one-frame-fit-all" thing?

The sales lady at PTP mentioned something about that.

BeerCitySk8brds
10-24-2002, 10:10 PM
that is fugly. I will stick with intelli. Unless it proves otherwise on field.

Coaster
10-25-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Jack &amp; Coke
I wonder if the same frame can be installed on either cockers or mags... kind of a "one-frame-fit-all" thing?

The sales lady at PTP mentioned something about that.

yep, the same frame fits both mags and cockers. They give you 2 trigger blanks when you buy the frame, one for cockers and one for mags.

Thrash
10-26-2002, 09:23 PM
i think it looks awesome. imo. i want one...bad, but i don't want to pay for one. maybe i could get a used one on ebay:D

BeerCitySk8brds
10-27-2002, 06:00 PM
It like didn't even come out yet and your looking on ebay

ZyperioN
10-27-2002, 08:20 PM
yo n00b notice the ":D " that means he's joking ok. jeez take a sec to look around b4 u post some utterly pathetic remark like that.

magnj
10-27-2002, 08:50 PM
girls girls. He cleary was joking, but you dont go calling people noobs when they have the same amount of posts as you.

nospmas311
10-27-2002, 11:19 PM
AHHA! Jokes on you!

etchou06
10-28-2002, 02:51 AM
this is the medusa on my mag :D
sorry but im not an expert of photoshop :D
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/etchou-clan/mag%20dans%20lherbe%20avec%20medusa.jpg

and a second one
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/etchou-clan/mon%20mag%20avec%20medusa.jpg

i hope to see a real medusa on a mag soon

ZyperioN
10-28-2002, 02:53 PM
heh heh wow ur funny, but u see this is my third login name. the previous 2 were lost when forums were deleted and when they switched servers. so between all 3 ive been on these forums for 2 1/2 years and have 800+ posts. thank you very much.

and since when does 63=45? what math class are u in? not like post numbers matter anyway, u dont have to chime in on ever thread u see. u dont have to voice ur opinion to gain knowledge as u seem not to know.

someVWkid
10-28-2002, 04:41 PM
i like the look on the mag. one thing really bothers me though. does anyone else HATE those stupid pink-purple grips??? its a dumb question, i know, but i hope they dont all come with that.

ZyperioN
10-28-2002, 04:51 PM
by the looks of it u should be able to throw on ur DYE stickies with no problems.

Thrash
10-29-2002, 08:11 PM
Sweet. More pics but fake. but who cares, it still looks awesome.im not sure if i like the dimonds on the grip but im not complaining. need reviews on the frame

FreshmanBob
10-29-2002, 08:28 PM
I wanna hear some numbers (ei. triggger travel, weight of pull) an see some videos

seems sweet from the looks of it

BeerCitySk8brds
10-29-2002, 08:36 PM
Hey ZyperioN I was being sarcastic. Im only a noob on automags I got a lot of posts on PBReview and some on paintball-guns. But who cares. Off subject.

Ya those grips gotta go. And I don't know if I like the whole look of the thing. And what is the deal with that hole think behind trigger. It looks like dirty brown but it is prob supposed to be black.

muirtach
10-29-2002, 08:46 PM
i think that the hollowed out area inside the trigger guard area is a place for your third finger to sit, if you don't want to fire double, without getting in the way.
If you ask me (I know, no one has) it's about time sombody came up with a fram that will work both single and double easily.

Coaster
10-29-2002, 09:21 PM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow2/MVC240S.jpg

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow2/MVC241S.jpg

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/worldcup/tradeshow2/MVC242S.jpg

drx975
10-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Guyz...give it a chance, I thought it was terrible looking at first, but now i think its fine, just throw your dye stickies on it (you should have them if you spend this kind of money on frames), and get a chrome version. Yea its a lot of money, but wait for some reviews and opinions and consider the capabilities of the frame...VERY light pull, and very short. New for a Mag, isn't it?

Anyone have a picture of this frame in chrome??

EDIT: (update)

We had planned on putting the pictures up on the site this week, but as you can tell by my e-mail (time) we have been broken into this evening and 1 of the items taken was the finished mudusa frame on an Autococker. Anyway as soon as we build another one up and have it finished we will get it up on the site. Thank you for your patience.

Tracy

Hm - that sucks. Hopefully they will get it together soon and we can see the chrome one, which I have a good feeling will look much better.

etchou06
11-02-2002, 12:39 PM
this is what it should look like more or less with a dye sticky
this is another photoshoped picture still not a real

etchou06
11-02-2002, 12:43 PM
i think the chromed version with dye sticky will look much better

TastePAINt88
11-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Hey, that Dye stickies post doesnt look too bad! i like it! I think oit looks pretty cool, anyone know what lies beneath the skin*err grips*? Is it intellifiable, cause if it is, I thuink Im going medusa instead of Iframe unless the medusa preformance is poop.

Thrash
11-07-2002, 10:29 PM
the dye stickies look great but doesn't match too well in the picture but im sure it'll look better in person. I looks like you'll have to cut the grip to get it to fit though

speedyejl
11-08-2002, 12:37 AM
In all honesty the frame looks fine, but they got change the stock grips with something nice. The stock grips are just scary, also most people wont want to butcher the grips so they will fit, which makes it even more important that the frame comes with nice grips.

ZyperioN
11-08-2002, 03:31 PM
lol those arent even DYE stickies, they r the eco-grip DYE's. lol what a n00b.

someVWkid
11-08-2002, 04:41 PM
eco grips are the same thing cept without a shiny Dye logo. i might rethink callin people that call em stickes a noob, what would you call em? it really is the same thing. only a fool would get the "better" version at $10 more. you dont even notice when u play. the intelli has dye "stickies" that are in actuality the eco version. if yer gonna go correcting everyone, go correct AGD. see what they say.

ZyperioN
11-09-2002, 02:27 PM
yes there actually is a difference, besides the jewel on the actual stickies, the eco-dye's arent nearly as tacky as the real DYE's. so yes i would pay $10 more to have a better looking grip with better feeling. oh and if AGD is calling the DYE eco-grips on the intelli's Stickies, then that is mis-leading to the customers and they should just call them DYE grips.

micromag02
11-09-2002, 11:52 PM
the whole conversation on the grips is intereting, BUT does anyone have anything to say about the performance of the grip frame? that is whats important to some of us. so i would would appreciate any info anyone has on performance, thanks.:)

paintposse
11-10-2002, 02:33 AM
so WERE CAN I BUY ONE this thread has been going for like 5 months and still no place to buy!! i want one so just tell me the site. i looked at benchmark.com pro teams page and they dont have anything. thanks

ZyperioN
11-10-2002, 03:16 PM
roflamo, how do u know that this thread has been going on for 5 months u havent even been here one month?

Oh and they havent even released the frame as a single frame, the only way you can get it is to buy the f/x sleeper cocker that the frame is on. So stop jacking off over it and give PTP some time to finish it off and ship it to distributors. Expect it for christmas.

paintposse
11-10-2002, 03:22 PM
it only been on for 3 months but what ever. Has any one seen the RAT impulses? im thinking about getting one. they look sweet.http://stores.cipp.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000008/0702projecticemans.jpg

BTAutoMag
11-11-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
roflamo, how do u know that this thread has been going on for 5 months u havent even been here one month?

Oh and they havent even released the frame as a single frame, the only way you can get it is to buy the f/x sleeper cocker that the frame is on. So stop jacking off over it and give PTP some time to finish it off and ship it to distributors. Expect it for christmas.

you do know that the date of the post is recorded under EVERY post:rolleyes:

ZyperioN
11-12-2002, 04:52 PM
heh heh yes btautomag i am quite aware of that, thanx for the reminder. but what does it all matter this thread has only been around for 3 months lol. ahaha why are we so senselessly argueing over this. ok lets drop it.

GO MEDUSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love my post count= 69

Keibler the Magic Elf
11-12-2002, 06:45 PM
OMG you guys have no time on your hands please please shut up about this eco-grips and how long this theard is going on for. what we should be worring about is how the MAGS will prevale and take over all those fools and there cockers!:D hehehehehe

paintposse
11-12-2002, 09:49 PM
Whats really funny is that at paintball-guns.com there are like 10 guy ive seen in the past month trying to trade there cockers for mags! they say cockers can compete with mags cuz cockers cant shoot very fast. whats sad about cockers was that there so slow that they had to come with the e-blade an electo cocker.i would rather save that thousand and buy an rt

BTAutoMag
11-13-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
i love my post count= 69

pervert

wrex69
11-13-2002, 01:42 PM
Why is there more info on this site about the elusive "medusa" than on the ptp site. that is bollocks.I for one am very very ready to test one of these out. or at least here what other people who have shoot one have to say about it.

Keibler the Magic Elf
11-13-2002, 03:09 PM
me to i just hope there as good as they sound and if not i going to be really pissed at ptp, well not really cause mags rule heheheh:D

wrex69
11-13-2002, 03:31 PM
are they going to sell these thing or not. I want one and can not find any info on one at all. I want to try one of these before I get a bko. I need a shorter trigger pull the benchy is just to long I am still fast with it but I want more.

Havoc_online
11-13-2002, 03:38 PM
i just hope there as good as they sound and if not i going to be really pissed at agd That makes a lot of sense considering AGD has nothing to do with this frame.:rolleyes:

ZyperioN
11-13-2002, 04:41 PM
jimmy it sounds like a plan!!!!:D I want to own kohler this weekend it's gonna be funny as anything

If u guys did guess i know keibler we go to da same school.

Oh no BTautomag im so hurt. 1:i was kidding and 2:if u didnt agree i would have to start doubting u manhood

Keibler the Magic Elf
11-13-2002, 04:47 PM
tyler this little boy calles himself BTautomag and hes at home jacking off about a cocker (wink wink) any dont listen to him he dosnt no the true meaning of the power of the mags!!:o

ZyperioN
11-13-2002, 04:48 PM
quite true my boy, quite true :D

Keibler the Magic Elf
11-13-2002, 04:49 PM
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl hehe:D

magnj
11-13-2002, 06:53 PM
you are ruining this thread with your 5 yeard old comments. your not originalwith your little cocker pun. Im not even going to respond to this again, just letting you know how dumb you look.

Keibler the Magic Elf
11-13-2002, 07:37 PM
You know u make no sense of what you talking about, so thats right just leave, leave now. So any way has any heard some info on this fricking trigger frame??? Ok the elves in the "shoe box on a grip frame" (shocker) are going to sleep now good-bye :o

rikkter
11-14-2002, 07:41 PM
wow. new to AO and all you've done so far is rant about something irrevelant.
how do you even know if BTAutomag was being sarcastic?
even if he WASN'T, which i doubt because he's a nice guy, you took it personally why?
i agree 100% with what magnj said about you.
now it looks like you and zyp know each other, well. both of you together need to stop with the ignorant comments, stop ruining the thread about the medusa frame. obviously when people find out information they'll go ahead and let all us know, since 95% of the members on AO are very friendly and not rude.
nuff' said.

anyways.

i think i'll wait to see how the frame works on the field until i look into buying one of these. the concept of it is neat.

magnj
11-14-2002, 08:06 PM
thanks, I realy want a frame, I just noticd that my whole gun is chrome except my frame, I want a nickle medusa!!

rikkter
11-14-2002, 08:36 PM
i have a benchy on my chrome mag and a intelli on my black one... buittt my chrome mag is my primary. so i put my black intelli on it. so it looks all weird lol
i was short stroking too much with benchy, i'm too use to the intelli

Keibler the Magic Elf
11-17-2002, 08:24 PM
hey dose anyone know of,or have any spare automags or parts for sale...

Angry Man
11-17-2002, 10:09 PM
Not the right place to ask that, try the trading/sales forum you'll have more luck. Also, all your posts here have been offensive or stupid; try to tone it down a little.

BTAutoMag
11-18-2002, 01:09 PM
ROFL

thanks for the support rikkter. its nice to know i'm loved:D

BTAutoMag
11-18-2002, 01:10 PM
PS.

this is not the kind of site to be talking about sex or someones manhood. we keep that away from this site so there is less bashing

ZyperioN
11-19-2002, 06:50 PM
then why did u bring it up in the first place?

rikkter
11-19-2002, 06:54 PM
ok its over! it was a joke OBVIOUSLY. end, stop ruining the thread now. PLEASE.

if it such a problem where it bothers you enough to keep going on about it, PM him.

drx975
11-19-2002, 07:19 PM
Um where is my post????? I had a post with more information and now its gone...whats the deal with that!? Admins won't delete the idiotic, rediculous, pointless and not to mention completely IRRELEVANT posts, but they will delete some information relating to this frame???

I guess I will just have to keep any more information on the Medusa Frame to myself.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Skeetmaster
11-20-2002, 02:25 PM
Hi peeps!
Got a mail from Tracy at the place where they make (apparently) the Medusa frames.
They have been working great on cockers but have been having problems getting them to work on ALL mags. She said they dont want to release the frame till they have got it right.
She will mail me with some stats soon hopefully.
Cheers
Gaz.
P.S. Automag for sale (have an RT now) in the UK.

magnj
11-20-2002, 03:53 PM
nice, still wonder how muc, i would think like 130 for a nickle one

someVWkid
11-20-2002, 09:22 PM
Price on the frame is going to be $129.95 satin black and $149.95 in Nickel or Polished Black. Pictures will be posted closer to the release date.

Keibler the Magic Elf
11-26-2002, 02:22 PM
so when is this thing coming out i mean really, if they know the price then when is it out for the all powerfull MAG?????

Keibler the Magic Elf
12-09-2002, 08:09 AM
so i guss no one knows when this so called god of a trigger frame is coming out, so ptp can go well you know.
:mad:

someVWkid
12-09-2002, 04:38 PM
i already got my intelli. didnt feel like waiting any longer.

nospmas311
12-09-2002, 04:51 PM
yea, better that you did. The frame would be great if someone could actually give us a release date... I for one am getting my intelli soon

ZyperioN
12-09-2002, 09:12 PM
yeah i have to agree im starting to lose faith, pity PTP didnt know how much we were liking it, maybe if they knew they would have kept their promises and got us pics back in the summer. well thats their loss im grabbing an intellframe too. Just goes to show how important it is to keep ur customers updated on progress.

Coaster
12-09-2002, 11:04 PM
yep, same with me. I have absolutely no desire to get this now.