PDA

View Full Version : all american/freak fronts

grim0822
08-02-2002, 09:58 AM
is there any difference in performance between the standard all american front and the freak front? i was going to buy a new-style all american, and i was wondering about this. is it just a matter of cosmetics?

pito189
08-02-2002, 10:31 AM
I believe the AA front is much easier to clean. I'm not sure about it, but the AA might be more efficent because it has less porting.

Maybe they have the same amount of porting, just the TD front has all the porting at the tip.

The AA front is much easier to clean, if you have any barrel breaks.

Well I'm going to go back to bed because I can't even form a coherent thought.

Anyways heres my gun with the AA front

tremis
08-02-2002, 11:44 AM
Actually, the freak front should be more efficient. Assuming equal barrel lengths. The AA has about 6" of porting and the freak about 4". So you would be looking at about a 20 fps increase with the freak. That being said, the freak is but ugly. A guy on my team had a teardrop front like the old teardrops. Where the ported section has the same OD along its entire length. The freak fronts where they thinned it out just looks stupid. I'm still using an old teardrop, but when I buy a freak, I'm definatly getting the AA front. Course my next gun will probably be an SFL ( once they start making them again) and I dont want an ugly barrel on it.

Tremis

BajaBoy
08-02-2002, 12:15 PM
i use the plane AA, i think its the best barrel out(besides the freak AA) when i get a freak im goin AA

Siayajin
08-02-2002, 02:10 PM
No performance difference between the 2.

The AA tip is quieter than the teardrop though...

tremis
08-02-2002, 02:18 PM
Yup, standard rule, the longer the porting the quiter the barrel. The longer the effective length the more efficient.

Tremis