PDA

View Full Version : if i shipped something and the person never received it

speedballbanks
08-02-2002, 11:14 AM
......but my tracking number says otherwise what happen's? because i have no clue what is going on my tracking number says it made it there and the kid said it didn't and i already used the money and i feel like i am getting into something that there may be lieing involved.! please let me know what should be done.

potti
08-02-2002, 11:16 AM
send him your receit or give him your tracking number so he can see that it did arrive.

Arturus
08-02-2002, 11:17 AM
Call UPS (assuming you used them), and tell them to do a trace.

There might be a chance that the package could have been left at the porch/front door and stolen.

or the kid could be lying...

You get the idea. Ask them to do a trace.

speedballbanks
08-02-2002, 11:17 AM
yeah but after a month and a half of no contact to him he says he still hasn't received it so i don't know what to do so maybe i will send him the tracking number.

Originally posted by Arturus
Call UPS (assuming you used them), and tell them to do a trace.

There might be a chance that the package could have been left at the porch/front door and stolen.

or the kid could be lying...

You get the idea. Ask them to do a trace.

i used usps, so there is no way he couldn't have received it because if you don't get it they give you a slip and then you go in and get it.

irbodden
08-02-2002, 11:25 AM
He got it, he is just lieing.

If you sold it to him, stop wasting your time.

If it was a trade (And he was sending 2nd), you better get some 'evidence' ready.

Print off the "tracking" page, and keep the tracking number.

He got the package. Fact.

speedballbanks
08-02-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by irbodden
He got it, he is just lieing.

If you sold it to him, stop wasting your time.

If it was a trade (And he was sending 2nd), you better get some 'evidence' ready.

Print off the "tracking" page, and keep the tracking number.

He got the package. Fact.

now, that is how i look at it i have the receipt's and it said however long ago it was that it was received but now it says you haven't purchased that for this item so what i am going to do is go to the post office and get it straightened out even though i know he got it, and he sent first and i sent second well, excuse me my mom sent second, and we have receipt's to his house.

irbodden
08-02-2002, 11:33 AM
If you got his gun, drop it.

You KNOW he got it, no use doing this work for some scamming thief.

Cypres0099
08-02-2002, 11:40 AM
I hate usps. They lost my phantom and autococker that I was going to get about a month ago.

Luckily the sender insured it for 500 so that's good, but I still haven't seen that money.:mad:

SlipknotX556
08-02-2002, 05:12 PM
You should Have insured it. Also pay alittle extra where they have to be home to get it. They have to sign a piece of paper saying they recived the package. I always do that when I ship stuff out.

Or he could be saying that he never got the package when he acutally did.

MrMag
08-02-2002, 05:23 PM
here is the deal, the package arrived at his house. he might not have signed for it, but someone did. with the package number he can go down to the post office and find out who did sign for it. my guess is that he is just trying to rip you off

StuDawggie
08-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by MrMag
here is the deal, the package arrived at his house. he might not have signed for it, but someone did. with the package number he can go down to the post office and find out who did sign for it.

I used to work for the USPS, so I know how the sytem works there. What we need to know is did you pay for a signature confirmation, or did it just get sent Delivery Confirmation without a sig required? That can make a big difference with trying to figure out what happened.

Speedballbanks - E-mail me with the tracking number if you want and I will do what I can to help you out. I have a few friends at the PO who can look for stuff that you can't pull up on the USPS website, and I may even be able to get a copy of the signature card, if you requested that the package be signed for. Lke I said if you want my help LMK.

magman007
08-02-2002, 11:41 PM
HMMMM, if i recall, usps dosnt do tracking, thats what they told me last time.... oh well, damn postal workers!

You kno waht is scary about postmen? of you tick em off, and they go postal, they kno where you live!

speedballbanks
08-03-2002, 12:17 AM
they have postal tracking but he can't rip me off because i already got my money and he signed for it but oh well.

speedballbanks
08-03-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
The only form of tracking you can get on US Postal packages is if the item was sent Overnight-ExpressMail.

Otherwise, you can only get what is called Delivery Confirmation, and it only confirms delivery.

Unless you got Signature Confirmation or unless you insured the package, the item is not signed for.

If you did insure it, it should have been signed for.

Another thing. For insurance purposes, you need ALL of your receipts. Otherwise, you may not see any of your money.

FYI---I know this information becuase I have had MANY problems with USPS----including;

~packages ran over(yes with an automobile)
~COD payments that were delivered to me---and made payable to the Post Office
~Delivery Confirmation numbers there were NEVER scanned at any point
~COD Money Orders that were not processed

And many arguments with the knuckle-headed numb-nuts on the telephone. I have even gone to the extent as to complain to Consumer Affairs who is *supposed* to take action against the USPS.

it is insured and i have all my receipt's so how am i going to lose money i already spent it? and this is becoming a joke because i sent it and it was confirmed.