PDA

View Full Version : To all you SFL owners, how satisfied are you with your SFL ?

CFD323
08-02-2002, 04:11 PM
I'm interested in purchasing an SFL Emag (although I called today and they won't be available again for a month) and I was wondering how everybody who already has one likes it ? Any problems or complaints ? Is it a lot lighter than a stock Emag ? I've got a stock Emag now and would like to go lighter, not to mention I like the look of the SFL much better. The only I'm not sure of is whether or not the SFL is worth the extra money. I think the new Extreems are around $1100+ right. How do the SFL's feel/shoot/perform as compared to the stock Emags ? Thanks for the input.

Load SM5
08-02-2002, 09:34 PM
I'm very happy with my SFL. I've never really had a problem with it. I went form a regular vert. feed E-mag to the SFL because I liked the looks, the weight savings(very much lighter) and the interchangable breech idea. If you run a warp the warp breech allows you site down top of the gun with nothing in the way, something hard to appreciate unless you try one out. The ACE, when I get it installed, will be another bonus. I say, if you have the money I'd go for it. You won't be disappointed.

CFD323
08-02-2002, 09:45 PM
Is the ACE really that important with the LVL10 out ?

Load SM5
08-02-2002, 09:52 PM
It's much, much harder to chop with level 10, but it's not completely impossible, I suppose. ACE would be the front line in a 2 part defense against chopping.

CFD323
08-02-2002, 10:24 PM
They haven't come out with the warp breech for the SFL yet right ?

Load SM5
08-02-2002, 10:27 PM
Officially, no. But with the release of the extreem, they won't be far behind.

hellspawn
08-02-2002, 10:33 PM
I own a SFL, and i wouldn't trade it for anything. Espeacilly now that the lvl 10 is out. They look tight, feel quite comfy, and are an eye catcher on the field. And no, the side breach is not available yet, but I have mine warped with the vert feed, and it does just fine. Supposedly the first line of SFL's had some problems with them. They were adjusted apparently, cause I have not had one problem with mine.

spacemanspiff
08-04-2002, 05:50 PM
I love mine it shoots like a dream. Had some trouble at first but that is all water under the bridge. It deffinetaly gets noticed at the fields. Its great to hear peoples reactions to the different set up it uses(cocker barrels, ball dent, etc) now with lvl10 its even sweeter. I run mine with a HaloB on a no-rise all I have to say it WOW.:p Hopefully I'll find out at IAO when the warp breeches will be available for SFLs.

CFD323
08-04-2002, 08:02 PM
hey spaceman, are you gonna run the warp on your SFL ?

kutter
08-04-2002, 08:28 PM
I've got to agree with all of them.

I love mine.

I do not have level 10 for my SFL yet, can't seem to get on the phone with the folks at AGD. Even without the level 10, I seldom chop or break balls, maybe 1 a case. That is unless my revy dies like it did in the pouring rain during a scenario game a couple of weeks ago in Tampa. By the way, the SFL kept on cycling like a champ, other than having to take it all the way apart and clean it, it perfomed flawlessly.

I do wish that they had used stainless screws in the battery instead of mild steel, they rusted pretty badly and since I play in south florida, corrosion is a problem. Anyone out there know of a source for replacement stainless ones?

I cannot comment on weight since I never owned a regular e-mag, but it is noticeably heavier than my Micromag, but that is mostly the battery I suspect.

Oh yeah, maybe the best part is the field, comments like, 'No way thats a SFL E-Mag, I've never seen one of those before, thats cool!' Are commonplace from lots of people, not just mag aficionados.

BajaBoy
08-04-2002, 08:40 PM
is it still 1600 when the next run is out?

rikkter
08-04-2002, 09:06 PM
i played with my teammates todday. tell you the truth the ONLY notice i saw/felt was the trigger..thats IT. and my mag isn't even a RT. so i can't get sweet spot and yadda yadda anyways

thats the only diff i found, other than that. its jsut like mine, but just quieter. granted the trigger is a very nice touch, but i can lay down just about the same amount i can with my mag..granted i can lay down probably about 3-5 balls MORE with the sfl but still. personally i wouldn't it because to me its only the trigger i would be buying for 1400..plus the ace and all but level ten elimnates chopping a lot so...to me the money just isn't worth it.

spacemanspiff
08-05-2002, 11:30 AM
hey spaceman, are you gonna run the warp on your SFL ?

Yup as soon as I get the warp breech I'm putting one on. I'm not a fan of having to run the hose w/adaptor to the top of the gun but thats my .02.

TheTramp
08-05-2002, 02:35 PM
I used 2000Saber's SFL in a tournement a few months ago. I had a great time with it. He had been having a lot of chopping problems but it had just came back from AGD and I didn't chop a ball all day. This was before the L10!

I can't really say anything about the weight because I've never used an E-Mag but it wasn't significantly heavier than my Retro Mini set up.

The first game I wasn't that impressed with the trigger. I thought it wasn't any faster than my Retro. THEN I realized that I'd been in Manual not Hybrid like I thought. WooooooBoy! did pulling that little yellow plug make a difference. :eek: