PDA

View Full Version : Wierd leak...

CRiZO
08-02-2002, 06:47 PM
After looking over my mag repeatedly for the leak I was hearing, I finally took the valve/reg out and gased it up (without the bolt of course). I held down the on/off, and found out air was coming out of the hole where the grip frame/field strip screw goes. That was the only spot air was coming out of, so it has to be it, plus I plugged that up, and it was doing fine.
When I put it all back together, I tighted the screw really well, and it's barely leaking now, but a leak is a leak and I find it unacceptable. I have a benchmark frame, I was looking at the intelliframe and it looks to have a thinner top so I could screw it in further, stopping leaking... (always wanted one, now I have a legit excuse, no I don't have a stock frame, I've got a micromag, it came with the benchy) I really dunno what to do, any suggestions? If it comes to it, I'm gonna just get the new frame and a screw, or maybe even teflon'ing it.. help CRiZO *tear* Mucho gracias!

CRiZO
08-02-2002, 10:55 PM
anyone? This can't be THAT wierd of an issue...

Omicron
08-02-2002, 11:23 PM
Leak around the fieldstrip part probably means you're missing the rail bushing.

MikeCouves
08-05-2002, 10:02 AM
Here's a pic of a rail bushing. It's the little piece of metal that goes on the back of your grip frame and lines it up with the body rail.

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/railbush_xlg_med.jpg

You can buy them at the AGD store:

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=248&CATID=6

BajaBoy
08-05-2002, 03:06 PM
is it the rt? or classic

PyRo
08-06-2002, 06:29 AM
I really don't think that there is any pressure in the field strip screw hole, that should be isolated from any pressure containing parts. Are you sure that it is from that hole? Possibly it could be from between the valve halves due to a bad o-ring. Maybie an on-off leak. Check the rail bushing also as already stated. Maybie I'm wrong and that is pressurized, but there are no o-rings there, so I don't see how it would seal if it was.