PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Operation Enduring Freedom!

Vex
08-03-2002, 04:49 AM
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I last posted. I just wanted to drop by and say hello from "Tent City!" Unfortunatley, I'm not at liberty to disclose my location, but I can say that I'm here with my squadron--the 50th Airlift Squadron "Red Devils" Little Rock AFB, AR.

We will get the mission done because our country depends on us! We are America's 911 Squadron. We are the Red Devils of the "Fightin' Five-Oh!"

Airlift...Anytime...Anywhere.

Take care and I'll drop a few lines when I can.

Jeremy

:cool:

dansim
08-03-2002, 06:39 AM
ROCK ON bro! keep on keepin on and give osama a kiss from all of us here on ao with the blunt end of a tank

bigsarge72
08-03-2002, 08:49 AM
Hey man, keep up the good fight (even if you are in the Air Farce, j/k :D )
Go Army!
I'm finishing up a tour here in Bosnia.
Be safe, and if something goes down...Don't forget to duck!

sarge

Jonneh
08-03-2002, 09:48 AM
freedom for who exactly?

Army
08-03-2002, 01:35 PM
HOOAH's to you and your wing! "If it fits, it flies!" :D

Watch your six over there, man. Come home safe and sound.

Jonneh, read your own history. The Brits were the first westerners to screw that region up. These combat operations involve your country too. England lost more than a few in the WTC, which makes this a global fight. Would you rather we "talk" some more about it, like we have been doing for 60 years? We have watched fanatics of Islam kill hundreds of thousands of people of all nationalities, gender, and age, while we "negotiate" with the murderers. And for what? Has any treaty, talk, agreement, or handshake done anything else but get more people killed? Ask the good folks up in Lockerbie if Khadaffi is a reasonable man.

Pull your head out and decide if you want the murders to continue, or if the civilized world should join together and end the terror. Ask your older neighbors about the last terrorist that blitzed London, see what they have to say...

Jonneh
08-03-2002, 02:11 PM
Some guy I was talking to ages ago said:
I love this war on terrorism, its like that war on drugs they had ages ago, and now you can't buy drugs anymore.
I think that this 'War' is Dubyas excuse to blow people up who he wouldn't usually be justified blowing up.

Yes, the WTC thing was bad, and yes, something needs to be done so something on that scale doesn't happen again, but I don't think that this is the right way. Don't ask me for my idea, because I havn't any.

The most interesting I've heard is to spend loads of money 'infecting' their culture with our (or your, to a more accurate degree) own lifestyle (give them TV's, Macdonalds, Coca Cola etc). So everyone has a very easy way of life, and no reason to hate america so no one will support anti american terrorism (as I understand it).

Also, please do not ask me to participate in a long drawn out argument, as I'm not particularly clever or insightful, and I'm a really awful debater and would soon resort to gay jokes.

http://www.digitalbrain.com/Jonneh/climb_lobster.jpg

Army
08-03-2002, 02:30 PM
You are correct on one thing....you have no idea what you are talking about.

To paraphrase: "Damn that Churchill for making Gehring a scapegoat so he could bomb Berlin. Before the handy Blitz, 'ol Winny had no excuse at all for doing so."

"Why, if it weren't for Patton destroying German Panzer divisions throughout France and Belgium, the price of Shnitzel would be much more reasonable in Amsterdam."

"Gee, Mussollini was only an art collector, why didn't we just leave him alone to enjoy all those stolen treasures?"

"Golly, all Saddam wanted was a nice public beach. But we had to be the big bullies and kick sand in his face."

Before you post such drivel, research a little. You will come across as informed, rather than stoned.

vf-xx
08-03-2002, 02:39 PM
Hello. Glad to hear that you can find the time to check in with us. Keep safe.

cphilip
08-03-2002, 02:48 PM
Lets keep this on the right track. Jonnah why bring the politics into this greetings? Best not to do that. I'll just edit you out if need be.

Greetings Jeremy and keep safe. Good luck to you.

Jonno06
08-03-2002, 03:59 PM
hey..

im not sure what to say,but good luck.......soo..

GOOD LUCK!

wingman898
08-03-2002, 04:08 PM
ARMY, ARMY, ARMY, ARMY...............................!!!!!!

"He's Da Man!"

SSMercury
08-03-2002, 04:41 PM
Sorry, CPhillip, not trying to keep the argument going, but...

*shrug* I agree with Jonneh. I don't think blowing things up is the answer. Imagine what we look like to X people. Planes flying over and obliterating their military installations, and other obvious military action. As far as I see, war begets war. Even if you call it a peace action, you're still destroying another country's people/property.

Army, not to be rude, but get off the horse there. World War Two started as an overt military takeover of Poland in Sept. 1939, followed by France, Belgium, and the Netherlands in 1939-1941. And Italy was doing it's own thing. (Trying to avoid going to my World History book) These were NOT a terrorist attack against France/England by what amounted to 2 dozen people in the case of the 4 hijacked planes of Sept. 11. Yes, Osama's network is larger than that, but the hijackers were 23 people. Same thing in the case of Saddam Hussein. Overt military action should be countered by reprisals from an invaded country's allies, as was done.

As for WHAT to do about our relationship to the Arab nations, I'm open to suggestions, but I'd say giving them our culture would almost amount to the same thing as bombings. Not to mention be contrary to the spirit of the constitution. I'd say improve their lifestyle, if they wish to ask us to. We should offer NON-military aid. As it stands now, most of our foreign aid is military. If they want popular fast-food, I'm sure the multinational corporations would happily oblige expanding their markets into more countries. If they'd like us to build dams for them (personally, I'm against damming rivers, but it's an example) and demonstrate our friendliness, it'd be a nice and non-military solution. It's easy to want to kill someone, if you don't understand them, and relate to them.

Above all, the key to relationships is understanding, and humanity is sorely lacking in understanding other cultures. Hell, foreign exchange programs would be good.

Bah, I ramble. *bows*

Open to discussion.

Doobie
08-03-2002, 04:51 PM
Move the political BS to another thread or someplace else all together. I will not even weigh in on this. This was a Hello from someone doing a tough job. (Air Force...tough??:) )

Take care over there and good luck!

Jonneh
08-03-2002, 05:42 PM
Apologies for bringing this up in your thread, have fun blowing things up! (or conspiring to do so)

just for you!
JONNEH IS A BIG NINJA TROLL JERK AND SHOULD BE SET ON FIRE (if not already)

Jonno06
08-03-2002, 05:45 PM
i wanna blow people up and kill people...

where can i sign up for the army:rolleyes:

Doobie
08-03-2002, 06:24 PM
Jonno06

i wanna blow people up and kill people...

where can i sign up for the army

Please...don't.
I hear the Marines are looking though.
:)

Vex
08-04-2002, 05:02 AM
Thanks everyone for wishing me well!

Air Farce, yeah, yeah. It's usually not tough work, but now I get to do the not tough work in 120 degree temps with one hell of a real-world ops tempo--so yeah, it is tough!

I'd like to thank Army for being the shiz...and I would also like to give a shout out to my new friends...

the 82d Airborne "All Americans" These guys are "das poop!" (and they are actually airborne, unlike those 101st guys...)

Keep up the good work fellas, because if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't sleep too well at night!

My advice for the day: thank a veteran. If it weren't for them, you might not be here today. If you disagree with that, then you need to wake up and KISS MY STARFISH!

:D

08-04-2002, 08:40 AM
If you get OSama you gonna share the award money with us :D

Good Luck :)

SSMercury
08-04-2002, 08:43 AM
starfish?

subbeh
08-04-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by SSMercury
starfish?

:rolleyes:

netjunk1e
08-04-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by subbeh

:rolleyes:

Of you don;t know what it is bend over naked infront of a mirror and look between you legs at the mirror, you get it now?

Hemlock86
08-05-2002, 08:52 PM
I had a dream we went into Alarm red, mopp 4 the other night, and I could see the patriots launching....Kinda creepy.

Tent City Rox! boooyah!

-Jôker-
08-05-2002, 11:43 PM
phaze g/l over there and watch your booty!

'let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, OPPOSE ANY FOE TO ASSURE THE SURVIVAL AND SUCCES OF LIBERTY.'

John F. Kennedy

thats what i have to say to anybody that opposes us being in afghanistan

Cliffio
08-06-2002, 12:17 AM

netjunk1e
08-06-2002, 01:10 AM
lol thats funny cliffio

Vex
08-06-2002, 02:28 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not here to kill, just for support--Airlift, baby! We drop troops and supplies as well as transport prisoner..., I mean, "detainees" and such. So I don't think I'll be seeing any reward money anytime soon. Even if I were to cap that bastard, I'd do it for free and donate the money to the (WTC, Pentagon) victims' families.

PTFO,

:cool: