PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think, AGD pump? SCMag?

Wheelman
08-03-2002, 06:08 AM
AGD has done some great things throughout the years (Tom you're a frickin' God) Automag, Minimag, E-Mag intelli. flatline, the list goes on. Seem like they could only go up from here, right. I think that Tom should take a step back, produce a pump marker. Not just a kit for an existing mag but a whole new marker, something comprable to the phantoms and snipers out there. I know I would definatly buy one (especially if it were a stock class with an all new 6pack). Just wondering if anyone out ther shared my feelings on this. I used to love to play pumps games and thought about getting back into it and this popped into my head.

Oh and there isn't a pie option here, I want an honest yes or no here, lets see if we can get some gears turning.

irbodden
08-03-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Wheelman
Tom you're a frickin' God

:rolleyes:

I'd like to see the Automag Pump kit going back into production rather than a whole new marker.

booyah
08-03-2002, 09:52 AM
FOR CRIMENYS SAKE!!!

give the man a break, Let him rest with what hes already got on the drawing board and let him clear what is already coming out!!!

i mean the poor man probably doest even sleep any more, just injects more diet coke in to his veins for caffeine.

Wheelman
08-04-2002, 01:28 AM
Damn, it was just an idea. Didn't mean to piss anyone off. I think everyone should play pumps more often, some of these younger players probably never even picked one up.

kemikos
08-04-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by bunkerhugger
The pump mag was unreliable

He wasn't asking about the pump Mag, though. I think a true pump gun with AGD's enormous engineering abilities and superior quality behind it would be an awesome marker, and I'd buy one in a second. (Realize, though, that this is coming from the guy who plays speedball with a Nel-spot...)

and a 6-pack isn't stock class legal.

But stock class isn't the only pump style out there. Although, if AGD were to build a pump gun, I'd hope it could be configurable as stock class as well.

I think AGD should leave the pump game to the little guys and concentrate on cutting edge technology like they always have.

I think that "cutting edge technology" can refer to more than just higher BPS, faster feed rates, and so on. I, for one, would love to see a new pump design. Almost every pump ever built is based on one of two basic designs (Nelson or Sheridan). It would be really cool to see something really different; if anyone could do it, AGD could.

Muzikman
08-04-2002, 03:48 AM
To be honest. The Pump Kit turns the mag into the ultimate pump. Out of all the pumps I own the PumpMag is by far the lightest stroke, shortest stroke, and down right the coolest pump (not including pump assist). But it is unreliable. To tell you the truth, if a lvl10 was designed to work with the pumpkit, most if not all that unreliable part would go away.

Wheelman
08-04-2002, 06:09 AM
Kemikos, Thanks for the support. You said just what I wanted to, I was just too tired to type it all out.

FreshmanBob
08-04-2002, 10:16 AM
Muzikman how many shots do you get from a single 12 gram?

Muzikman
08-04-2002, 12:21 PM
bob,
That would depend on how fast you shoot it. I can get about 18 on a good day. I have gotten as few as 6 when you really start hammering on it. The design of the mag does not lend it's self well to 12 grams. This even goes for the Sydarm.

FreshmanBob
08-04-2002, 01:48 PM
Yeah I figured a stock class mag wouldnt work out too well in that sense. Even after shooting the sydarms at AO day 2 I still didn't have a good feel for their efficency as they were reloaded well before the 12 grams were used up. I bet for a normal CA pump it's pretty nice though.

Micewheelz72
08-31-2002, 02:13 PM
I think its a great idea. I dont know if I would take it over a phantom though....

z-zero
08-31-2002, 09:58 PM
I thought about this a week ago, but was scared to post it.

I also think AGD should design a pump. There is basically nelson/sheridan designs to choose from a third brand new valve design would be great. Lets discuss some things that would need to be done to create a truly on the edge pump.

It would have to get some mad efficiency off a 12 gram. 60 shots.
It would have to be very consistent with velocity.
The pump stroke would have to be as short as possible( as long as your avg. paintball)
The pump stroke would also need to be smooth as glass, with less friction then a ball bearing
It would need to be convertable from direct feed to stock class for under $20 option. and with the ability to mount the tube forward or backward allowing for tilt or rock loading actions.
The pump would need to be under barrel so any after market barrel could be used (freak kit baby)
It would need a sight rail, and speed loader
12 gram changing would need to be at its SC rules limit of just 1 and 1/4 turns.
Should have an option for a stock that matches gun
Should'nt be to lite or to heavy, must feel solid.
And last but certainly not least, it would have to look so fricking cool and milled and annoed, that from a distance it could be mistaken for a IR3, or e-mag extreem or SFL e-mag etc.. with a comparable price to phantom/illusion/sniper/carter, and the like.

Even if its not a brand new design but just a super tweaked version of an older one would be fricking awesome.

There are rumors of a "pump revelation" happening in our sport. I'd hate to see AGD left out in the beggining like they were with the electro phase. Don't wait to see if its going to happen, make it happen.

z-zero

z-zero
08-31-2002, 10:08 PM
I just looked at the poll results,

Why don't the 9 or so people tell us why they don't like pumps, I'm interested to hear. I want to get more out of it then, I can't shoot fast enough. Cause thats what the industry tells us we need to do to win, or be a good player.
"Its not how fast a player can shoot his gun, but how fast a player can move with his gun."

z-zero

Timmee
09-01-2002, 08:02 AM
I'd personally love to play some pump/stock class, but there's not too many around my area that do. Most of them are at least carrying M98's all the way up to Angels. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in myself to bring my PMI 1 to the field when they're getting 8+ more shots a second than me.

mike e
09-01-2002, 08:45 AM
imho the ultimate pump is a doc or a punisher pnue assist phantom. those are just too sweet. pump mags, eh yea they are unique but then again so are carters, and to be honest at 18 shots a 12g i say "nuts to that" ill get a stock phantom and get just over double that. Mags are great, and i love stock and pump class, i tried to start a league around here not to long ago in fact, but i dont think that the current automag plateform is correct for a pump. i would rather see one way down the line perhaps that was off a more pump friedly structure

Wheelman
09-01-2002, 09:05 AM
Some of you completly missed my point, we all know making the automag a pump was a bad idea, I meant a whole new design, doesn't even have to be on the same valve design

Originally posted by Wheelman
Not just a kit for an existing mag but a whole new marker

z-zero
09-01-2002, 12:22 PM
AGD design a gun thats not based on the A.I.R valve or RT?
BLASHEMY!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!!! J/k lol

Seriously though I think it would be awesome! It would be kinda neat seeing a company that started the semi-era bring the pump-era back with a fantastic pump-marker. I'd have to agree if anyone can do it AGD can.

z-zero