PDA

View Full Version : Regulator

DirtRider
08-03-2002, 10:00 AM
i just got a reg, macdev gladiator, and am having trouble getting it to shoot right, with the 2 velocity adjusters, i can't get it set right, has any 1 else had this problem? what would be the easiest way to fix it? thanks

Hexis
08-03-2002, 10:13 AM
If you are talking about a mag:

Take it off the gun. Put a gas-through grip on there.
Adjust your velosity. Sell the regulator.

There is no need for another regulator on a mag. The valve is a regulator. If you have HPA/N2 you also have the tank reg. Adding a third one just starves your valve.

rtproman05
08-03-2002, 03:09 PM
ya the reg wont go over 500psi it needs to be a bit higher than that

DirtRider
08-03-2002, 09:55 PM
i don't have to sell it, i can put it on the cocker i might get in a couple months.

rikkter
08-04-2002, 09:24 PM
correction. if its a RT valve and your tank is compressed air which i'm assuming it is, and doens't have a reg on it, keep it. you can adjust the pressuring to get a stronger reactive feel. i noticed this with my friends. don't give me this chit chat it doesn't NOTHING. i've used it. fiddled with it on my teammates. and it WORKS more then you think. granted you don't NEED It.. definitaly don't need it for a regular valve though

Polishpickles451
08-05-2002, 04:04 PM
just get the cocker

i know, i'm on the dark side now

Hexis
08-05-2002, 05:03 PM
rikkter any HPA tank will have a regulator on it. It may not be adjustable, but it will have a regulator on it. And if rtproman05 is correct, the regulator will not feed enough pressure to an RT/ReTro/RTPro/EMag valve to shoot without shoot-down.

DirtRider take the reg off the mag. The advantage of an adjustable reg on an HPA tank is you can tweek the reactivity of the trigger via the input pressure.

Polishpickles451 that's pretty low class. This site is hosted/funded/supported by AGD. Take the mag hate somewhere else.

PyRo
08-05-2002, 09:15 PM
Mags have a built in reg in addition to the one already on the tank. You generally want a differance of about 250psi between regs. You cannot accomplish this with that third reg. It won't do anything but cause shootdown, and problems like those which you are experiancing now.

rikkter
08-05-2002, 11:45 PM
thats what i meant. a preset one vs a none preset one where you can adjust yourself. iw as saying if the higher the input going into the valve. even WITH the valve built in, you will feel a diff in the trigger.