PDA

View Full Version : See It Here FIRST! Extremes for Am Open

AGD
08-03-2002, 04:30 PM
Here it is guys the first one off the line! Disregard the barrel, we don't know what barrel we are going to put with it yet. Notice the little stainless ring at the front of the cut out. We didn't think about the fact that the new aly valve has a different power tube that shows a bit.

AGD

AGD
08-03-2002, 04:32 PM
closeup of the valve. We made the X logo on the fly, if you dont like it we can change it. That will only mean these few will be rare one of a kinds!!

SlipknotX556
08-03-2002, 04:35 PM
Very sexy tom. Nice job.

Kaiser Bob
08-03-2002, 04:36 PM
Wow awesome Tom! I think the silver ring kind of makes a nice contrast, so it works as it is. Cant wait to see one up close! :D

Jacob
08-03-2002, 04:44 PM
Can't... look... at... photo.
My silver SFL is turning green with envy.
Must not make precious angry.

Tom, I think it's time to go back to "ugly tubes" that's just too good. You are going to bankrupt every single paintballer who can afford one.

Oh, and does the aluminum valve make it shoot farther? :D

MrMag
08-03-2002, 04:44 PM
omg i gotta go chnage my pants

Paintballer86
08-03-2002, 04:45 PM
:eek:

rpm07
08-03-2002, 04:48 PM
I have to say I realy did not like the look of the c&c when I first saw it but my mind is starting to change. Very nice job job.

BajaBoy
08-03-2002, 04:51 PM
:mad:... i think u should run like 20 xtreems with that logo then change, or insted of that u should like sign the valve (ingrave it maybe?) just so those 20 people are in heavan

Doobie
08-03-2002, 04:57 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Must...get....second....job...SOON!

Jason Reed
08-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Keep the X, on the valve

Python14
08-03-2002, 05:25 PM
After IAO, will it be possible to get one with that colored body, a yellow grip frame and battery, and a yellow warp feed adaptor?

Tunaman
08-03-2002, 05:25 PM
I really didn't want blue, but you better save one for Me on Monday the 5th! Thanks!:D

jah871
08-03-2002, 05:26 PM
VERY NICE Tom, keep the X on the valve i think it looks awesome.

Blazingace
08-03-2002, 05:32 PM
Opps....dammit must change my shorts again. That is the most incredible marker in the world. Looks wwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than anything I have ever seen. I will own one even if I must sell my soul to......Tom Kaye. Who did you think I was going to say?:D

Thordic
08-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Awesome :)

With everyone thanking Tom and all for bringing this product to us, I want to say thank you to the man behind the design.

Manike, thanks a lot for all the work you put into this gun, even though we'll all hate you when you finish your ManikEMag. Which I plan on stealing at Shatnerball, by the way. :)

boggerman
08-03-2002, 05:53 PM
That is dead sexy!:D Keep the "X" on the valve, it just serves to set the extreme apart that much more.

kevdupuis
08-03-2002, 06:08 PM
That looks dead sexy. The X and the stainless ring set it off that much more.

tremis
08-03-2002, 06:27 PM
I like the valve alot. I love what you did to the battery box. I had planned on doing that to mine when I get it, now I dont have to. Keep the X it looks good.

Tremis

headcase
08-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by tremis
I like the valve alot. I love what you did to the battery box. I had planned on doing that to mine when I get it, now I dont have to.-the X it looks good.

Tremis

Ok, I give up what did they do to the battery box? I know they said something about a switch, but this post doesn't mention it, or show it from what I see.

Look great, If I wasn't getting ready to move (AGAIN) I would try to get up to IAO and try to get one of those. O'well by early next year, or maybe if I'm real good x-mas, maybe the supply will have caught up with the demand, and they will be easier to get a hold of.

Great job AGD and AGDE!

tremis
08-03-2002, 06:43 PM
The dovetail that fits the grip frame has been milled flat from the triggerguard down. Looks much smoother in my eyes. Unless maybe they did that before and I just didn't notice until now.

Tremis

headcase
08-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Good catch, I didn't even notice that.

EnderWigginPballin
08-03-2002, 07:20 PM
Instant Wallpaper!!!!!

I will now say. Those ICD guns were tempting me soo much, But now I'm thinkin I have to just save and get an Extreme....

Hey Mr. Kaye any ideas on how much the stock ones, not the C&C, will cost???????

*** also..... keep the X ***

Cliffio
08-03-2002, 07:23 PM
cool, keep the x

Arturus
08-03-2002, 07:30 PM
Keep the X.

Questions...

It'll be pretty simple to put on a pair of Dye Stickies, without modification right? And a blade trigger would be easy to install as well?

*waits to get screamed at*

:eek:

shartley
08-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Sorry I did not get to this earlier, but I took my Wife out to lunch in Kennebunkport, ME (us living in Concord, NH).. GREAT drive.. good day for it.

Tom…. I love the black! Really sharp. :D

magman007
08-03-2002, 07:38 PM
NICE TOM! KEEP THE X! Arturus, no you cant do dye stickies, because of the 3 hole design on the grip frame. A timmy63 blade trigger could bbe installed very easily

EnderWigginPballin
08-03-2002, 07:40 PM
whoa! a normal shaped .45 frame! I didn't notice that.

Arturus
08-03-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by magman007
NICE TOM! KEEP THE X! Arturus, no you cant do dye stickies, because of the 3 hole design on the grip frame. A timmy63 blade trigger could bbe installed very easily

Thanks Magman007 - The blade trigger sounds nice enough to me.

1stdeadeye
08-03-2002, 08:04 PM
I love it!!!
I can't make the IAO next week, so when will I be able to order one from the AGD store?

P.S. KEEP THE X:D

headcase
08-03-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by EnderWigginPballin
whoa! a normal shaped .45 frame! I didn't notice that.

OK......I did miss the battery pack milling, but I'm almost positive that is the standard E-mag frame

paintbattler
08-03-2002, 08:05 PM
thats tight..i like them

Jonno06
08-03-2002, 08:15 PM
i definitly know what my next gun is going to be now....

keep the X

Curly
08-03-2002, 08:16 PM
I'm almost positive that is the standard E-mag frame

See the difference between this frame and that one? The normal emag one has a rounded back.

headcase
08-03-2002, 08:32 PM
Wow!?!? Was I asleep when I look at it? I sound like an E-mag newbie, and I've owned 2!

Sorry for the stupidity

Keyboard operator headspacing and timing issues I guess.

shartley
08-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Normal E-mag? ;) Not all “normal” E-Mags have the rounded back…

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/products/emag_redorng_med.jpg
http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/products/red_emag_med.jpg
http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/products/or-yellfade_med.jpg

:D

Kaiser Bob
08-03-2002, 08:37 PM
Its the ULE gripframe that comes standard with colored emags and i guess extremes. :)

shartley
08-03-2002, 08:39 PM
HeeHee

Tunaman
08-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Yup...The SFL's have that nice straight gripframe too....:D

j.t.
08-03-2002, 09:12 PM
Sooo, anyone whos goin to the IOA wanna pick one for me? I'll even let you pay for it for me!:D :rolleyes:

Anyways, will all new retros be all aluminum? I think an aluminum Super Mag body and matching rt valve would make a great upgrade in the future :)

Will Wood
08-03-2002, 09:31 PM
I think the black Powetube stuff is ugly now....

Sooky
08-03-2002, 09:55 PM
I agree with everyone else about keeping the X... it looks very sharp! :D

FooTemps
08-03-2002, 10:14 PM
I swear that you enjoy torturing us like this Tom. ::cough::Maybe that's the REAL reason you bought the forum ::cough:: :p

I say make an even better pic and line all the extremes up in a special AGD gun rack! Kinda like a paintball armory!

graycie
08-03-2002, 10:32 PM
umm........can i swindle one for a game or two at iao? please?:)

than205
08-03-2002, 10:33 PM
As soon as I saw the "X"....
I love it. Now that is cool!

paintbattler
08-03-2002, 11:39 PM
with the go retro program you should be able to decide what your valve has on it like if you want an E-mag valve, you can get one that sys E-mag or if you want one that says ReTro valve you can get that OR if you want a special one(for an extra charge of course) you can get one personalized

what you think?

VBmag87
08-04-2002, 12:39 AM
Very nice!! O and keep the X.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-04-2002, 02:52 AM
hhhmmmm...an X-Mag...wow...i haven't heard anyone calling it that forever...hehehhee..even at the behest of CaPo....I'm just waiting for the new Emags to come with an LX jewel and it'll be clean sweep for me..

p.s....umm..ALu valve..please..must...have...cannot...go....withou t..(in shatner accent)

terrorizer666
08-04-2002, 03:07 AM
Squirt Squirt !!!!! megasquuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt !

bigsarge72
08-04-2002, 05:18 AM
OK, I must have one. That may be the coolest thing I have ever seen.
Also, keep the "X", and the black valve. I think that an all black C&C with the black valve would be super sweet!

sarge

P.S. Also, I know you're busy Tom with the IAO, but we would love price/upgrade cost update whenever you get time (i.e. cost of just a body, cost to exchange s/s valve for AL one)

08-04-2002, 08:34 AM
I think that will look sexier in shiny black with that black valve. I will wait.:) (Like I had the money to buy it at the IAO anyway :rolleyes: )

***Edit damnit Big you are forcing me to read the whole post****:p

SSMercury
08-04-2002, 09:00 AM
Hm, I don't know. I don't QUITE like the milling. It looks to me like a bit much was taken off between the barrel and battery pack. Also seems a bit much taken off around the valve. Stylish, I do like how it's all smooth and rounded edges. On the other hand, I LOVE the all aluminum valve. Can I have a retrovalve like that? Can I, can I?!? *starts bouncing around* But can I have Micromag-X etched into it? *drools at the thought*

Hm, I smell incoming christmas present here.

battlegroup
08-04-2002, 10:31 AM
Any chance of the Valve being silver as in the past? I think it looks sharper especially if you have an anodized marker.

bigsarge72
08-04-2002, 10:36 AM
LOL,
We all sound like a bunch of spoiled kids...

I guess that would make TK...OUR DAD!

We love you Dad! :D :D :D

sarge :cool:

manike
08-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by battlegroup
Any chance of the Valve being silver as in the past? I think it looks sharper especially if you have an anodized marker.

It's aluminium so it could be anodised any colour :)

I like the black valves!

I know there was talk about having valves to match guns and to contrast with them :)

You want pretty guns? They are now on their way! There is so much that can be done with the different versions of the extreme.

I must admit I am really excited about the release of the C&C guns at the IAO. It makes me feel very proud for the small part I played in all of this when there are people so excited about getting them. :D

I also think a C&C in all black would be very stylish...

manike

automan39
08-04-2002, 11:11 AM
oh man that is one sweet beast and i thought angels were purty. keep the x on the valve it looks smooth.

battlegroup
08-04-2002, 11:13 AM
The only problem with this is I Wasn't given the choice when I preordered whether or not I wanted the valve to contrast or not. I spent extra money to get my gun anodized Silver and I wanted the valve silver. I am a little upset that I am spending the extra money for silver anodizing and If the valve comes black I will want to have it anodized as well and spend even more when it could have been done at the factory with the rest of the gun. When you spend this much for a marker you want it to be exactly the way you want it. When they change something after you pre-order it tends to piss some people off. It is my opinion that if the Valve is Aluminum and can be anodized then it should be up to the customer if they want the valve to contrast of be the same color as the ordered. give the people what they want.

Manuel_FZR
08-04-2002, 11:26 AM
Great!!!
Only thing would be the milled battery pack to ad! Keep the X. A valve and gun colour to choose would be great.
Great work AGD!

sniper1rfa
08-04-2002, 11:54 AM
... WOW.....
that is AMAZING.
i never though i would like the anodized valves, but i think i changed my mind.
great job! (keep the X)

BartManSr
08-04-2002, 11:57 AM
Keep the X, mill the battery pack, and add a single finger trigger.

Excellent work.

DaFlip
08-04-2002, 12:48 PM
I hate to break the vibe, but I don't like the CNC milling.
Sorry:( Im more for a plain, black Extreme or DYE milling. Mmmm..DYEmag. Not too...umm...whats the word Im looking for?...yeah...

DaFlip

paintbattler
08-04-2002, 01:21 PM
hate to rush things, but i gots a questin(or 2). When will these alluminum valves be available just to buy? willt he price be any different from the current retro valves? willthe come with lvl 10 installed? and it look slike most ppl want it to say X Mag which is pretty cool too, soo

Pand0ra
08-04-2002, 04:47 PM
May I have the valve 001, to put on my CnC body? ;)

SSMercury
08-04-2002, 04:49 PM
Manike, wasn't there a fairly large discussion here somewhere in the past that aluminum is easier to annodize in dark colors rather than light colors, hence why the aluminum part of the retrovalve was... brown/black? It looks brown to me.

EnderWigginPballin
08-04-2002, 04:55 PM
hey Mr. Kaye.......

you should work on a super light version next....

you can mill off even more than on the C&C.... then you can call it something like "Glide" and say it's for front players

rx2
08-04-2002, 04:58 PM
I would say that if you keep the "X", remove the underscore from the "MA." The line makes it look a little sloppy, and it detracts from the symmetry of the logo.

rx2
08-04-2002, 05:13 PM
Examples of variations:
Eliminate the underscore
OR
Keep the line, add an overscore to enhance symmetry/extend "X" to make likes seem more integral.

EnderWigginPballin
08-04-2002, 05:14 PM
yeah, put the line over the "ma" too.

that looks nice

rx2
08-04-2002, 05:16 PM
another

rx2
08-04-2002, 05:18 PM
final

complicationjack
08-04-2002, 07:06 PM
to tell you the truth...the X on the valve is one of the first things i noticed...that and that the valve is black...im not sure the logo is a step in the right direction...if the x must stay - possibly integrate it like the ReTro valve...ie eXtreeme or whatever

ben_JD
08-04-2002, 09:33 PM
I, for one, would like to see a picture of the microswitch.

Also, any of you folks who are good with Photoshop, if you could come up with a rendition of this marker in black, I'd gladly pay you a dollar.

rx2
08-04-2002, 10:03 PM
Hack job, but close enough, I guess.

ben_JD
08-04-2002, 10:20 PM
I owe you a dollar. That looks fantastic, hack job or not.

rx2
08-04-2002, 10:22 PM
I'll send my mailing address shortly ;)

DaFlip
08-04-2002, 11:04 PM
Wow....I think in my mind black makes everything prettier. Now that is something I would get! Good hack job! You give hackers a great name!

DaFlip

spider54
08-05-2002, 12:05 AM
hello tom my name is ryan, i am poor, is there anyway that u could give me one of those, if u did i would show it off to as many people as i could, plus, u could give me one and it would b great marketing. did i mention that i was poor and that if u gave me one i would worship u and agd for the rest of my life and would do anything for u....

Evil Bob
08-05-2002, 04:50 PM
I definitely like the black valve and the XMag logo idea is a keeper, gives it even more character.

How much weight is saved by going to the aly valve over the SS one?

-Evil Bob

manike
08-05-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
How much weight is saved by going to the aly valve over the SS one?

I think Tom mentioned that it saved 3 oz. ;)

manike

Evil Bob
08-05-2002, 05:22 PM
Yeah, caught that on the other classic Extreme thread just a minute ago, overall weight minus barrel and bottle was 2.6 lbs... very nice!

Now to take a guess at who Tom meant by "you know who"...

-Evil Bob

aaron_mag
08-05-2002, 05:31 PM
This is really evil Tom. You are totally screwing up my goals. I wanted to get Intelliframe (got it), Level 10 (on the way), the Retrovalve (next purchase), and probably a Dye Izon and then I was going to be DONE!!! Finished. Totally satisfied with my marker. Attained the final enlightenment. Etc. Now I see these Extremes and new desires start to develop.

Darn you!!!!!!:D :D :D

splat15k
08-05-2002, 06:56 PM
Ok, we all agree that it looks awesome, but when I looked at the close-up picture of the valve, I noticed something that I never want to see from the outside of a marker...the sear. Oh, by the way, I think there is something missing in that "X" logo...maybe it's the G that throws it off. I like the black though :)

ben_JD
08-05-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
This is really evil Tom....Attained the final enlightenment. Etc.Maslowe's heirarchy of paintball markers.

Kaiser Bob
08-05-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by splat15k
Ok, we all agree that it looks awesome, but when I looked at the close-up picture of the valve, I noticed something that I never want to see from the outside of a marker...the sear. Oh, by the way, I think there is something missing in that "X" logo...maybe it's the G that throws it off. I like the black though :)

Where is it that you see a sear from the outside? Its totally enclosed.

Kaiser Bob
08-05-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by battlegroup
The only problem with this is I Wasn't given the choice when I preordered whether or not I wanted the valve to contrast or not. I spent extra money to get my gun anodized Silver and I wanted the valve silver. I am a little upset that I am spending the extra money for silver anodizing and If the valve comes black I will want to have it anodized as well and spend even more when it could have been done at the factory with the rest of the gun. When you spend this much for a marker you want it to be exactly the way you want it. When they change something after you pre-order it tends to piss some people off. It is my opinion that if the Valve is Aluminum and can be anodized then it should be up to the customer if they want the valve to contrast of be the same color as the ordered. give the people what they want.

Well if you really want you could probably get a normal emag valve with the grey back, but i dont know how that would make it much better. By the time you see silver extremes, raw SILVER unannoed valves should be available so that works out for you.

PS- manike, the C&C is even nicer in person :D

P4ULuk
08-06-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by DaFlip
I hate to break the vibe, but I don't like the CNC milling.
Sorry:( Im more for a plain, black Extreme or DYE milling. Mmmm..DYEmag. Not too...umm...whats the word Im looking for?...yeah...

DaFlip

Don't buy it then.... Simple!

Paul

:D :D :D

dansim
08-06-2002, 06:58 AM
hey tom ill trade you my impact and angel air for one, and maybe a flatline lmk;)

edit- it can be the one you licked too, im not picky

splat15k
08-06-2002, 03:07 PM
I saw what i thought was a sear in the close-up picture of the valve. Maybe it is just a piece of brass within the body that looks like a sear. Who here knows for sure¿¿¿¿

Curly
08-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Well i am 99.99% sure that the sear doesnt sit that far back in the gun. it looks like it is sitting right above the field strip screw so i dont believe that is the sear.

manike
08-06-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by splat15k
I saw what i thought was a sear in the close-up picture of the valve. Maybe it is just a piece of brass within the body that looks like a sear. Who here knows for sure¿¿¿¿

I do :D

It's the side of the on/off housing. You can't see or get to the on/off pin or any seals, you can just see a little bit of the housing.

I know some people don't like the 'extreme' ;) slot milling which shows the valve. So wait for the next C&C (just don't hold your breath waiting for it to arrive :D since it's not a project that we have started yet)

manike

splat15k
08-06-2002, 06:16 PM
Thank you for the clarification manike and Curly. I feel more comfortable now that i know there are no moving parts exposed. AGD has a reputation to uphold, and they have done well to do so.

SIGSays
08-07-2002, 07:25 PM
the x looks great all i have to say it maybe get a new trigger frame shape.. and a differnt style trigger.... just what i think.... but if you think it's great keep it.... your the one that makes it.... maybe like make diff trigger to buy on the side like angel triggers... and after market trigger frames.... i'm not saying the stock ones are bad.... i htink it would just be cool to have a more accesorizable xmag

NJ_agd47
08-07-2002, 10:13 PM
WoW,just wow looks great thats all i have to say

Seabaas
10-18-2002, 03:03 AM
Keep the X it's a must , but I would also give it some rubber wrap around grips with that same X in the center on both sides of the grips. That would be tight! - Seabaas