PDA

View Full Version : One more satisfied Mag user at the field.

Arturus
08-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Was at the field today, playing and tweaking with my lvl 10 to get it working reliably with the middle spring. The shortest spring was working fine, but I hesitate even at the thought of putting my finger in it.

A guy comes up while I'm at the chrono and asks how I like my Mag. I tell him I'm satisfied with it. I then see he has a Minimag, and he proceeds to the Chrono. Well, I noticed that on his mag he had an RT valve. He wasn't using the correct procedure - holding down the trigger, then pulling it back quickly to mimic rapid fire. The 3 times he pulled, his FPS ranged from 225-275.

I asked if I could try and his next 4 shots came out to 278, 278, 278, 276.

It's rare to see a Mag user on my field. The most I've seen on one day were 2 others. It's suprising how many of them don't know the existence of AO. He was immediately interested in the lvl 10 kit, as was the last 2 guys a week ago.

He went away a happy guy.

So... go out there and tell Mag users, and paintball players in general about the Forum. Sure, some may not like the influx of... uh... 'people with lesser knowledge', but I think we were all there at one time.

I'm still stuck in that stage myself. Share what the forum has to offer.

And yes, I finally got it to shoot reliably in the 270s with the middle spring. I can now leave my finger in there and pull on the trigger continuously, without flinching once.

:)