PDA

View Full Version : How long does the star "punch card" warranty last?

acecl22
08-03-2002, 07:01 PM
And if it is a limited amount of time how do i know how old my minimag is? (I bought it used). There is nothing wrong with it or anything at the moment, im just curious.

BajaBoy
08-03-2002, 07:06 PM
im not sure but if u poste your valve # then im sure people on here could tell you

CRiZO
08-03-2002, 07:10 PM
The star warranty lasts forever and ever. Mags actually used to come with lifetime warranties, but due to the cost it adds to them, and not all that many people needing it, AGD changed to the star system and cut down prices on their guns.

Post the serial # on your valve and someone will tell you

acecl22
08-03-2002, 07:10 PM
Im not sure what the exact number is but its around mm18000-19000

acecl22
08-03-2002, 07:41 PM
I have another question, in addition to the others, Does the star warranty cover hard parts as well or is there a fee for any hard parts that must be replaced?

paintbattler
08-03-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by acecl22
cover hard parts as well or is there a fee for any hard parts that must be replaced?
only the valve..the stars DO NOT cover the body, trigger, etc

Gunga
08-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by acecl22
I have another question, in addition to the others, Does the star warranty cover hard parts as well or is there a fee for any hard parts that must be replaced?

From http://www.airgun.com/WarrantyPolicy.shtml

"There are one to four stars laser engraved above the serial number on your marker's valve assembly. Each star entitles you to a free repair of your marker.

When you send your marker in for repair, we will drill a small dent into one star and so "punch" it out. After we have punched a star there is again a 90-day warranty to make sure we fixed your marker properly. If the marker still has the same problem it was sent in for, we will fix it again without punching another star, as long as the marker is returned to us within 90 days.

We will still service your marker after all the stars are used, but we will charge you a standard rebuild fee of $45 ($65 for E-Mags), which covers the replacement of soft parts and return ground shipping. There will be additional charges for hard parts such as bolts or sear assemblies."

acecl22
08-04-2002, 09:04 AM
So does anyone know how to tell how old a gun is the cerial number is close to mm19000

acecl22
08-04-2002, 06:31 PM
Im guessing that there isnt a way to tell how old it is, I would realy like ot know.