PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or....

hostage
08-04-2002, 01:15 AM
You shoot around with your perfectly working gun, get it fine tuned, then as soon as the game starts your gun malfunctions. Sigh...
-Hostage

Arturus
08-04-2002, 01:34 AM
I've had that happen to me for several weeks now.

Part of it has to do with adding a lvl 10 kit, so it was somewhat expected.

Still, it does get annoying. :rolleyes:

Little things that just needed fixin' on my part.

Cliffio
08-04-2002, 01:47 AM
i have honestly never had that happen with the angels ive had, umm i think the last problem i had with a gun on the field was a shocker had in 2000

Cliff

hostage
08-04-2002, 01:52 AM
Well I am actually thinking about selling my mag and getting an angel, I have 3 mags and I might sell two and get the owners used Angel for 750. I like mags thier cool, but angels make their guns great from the start. All this tinkering around with my mag upgrading it is a pain, though I think i fixed the problem to my lvl 10.
-Hostage

SlipknotX556
08-04-2002, 01:55 AM
I havent had that happen to me yet.

Cliffio
08-04-2002, 01:55 AM
you could get in trouble talkin like that around here:)

Arturus
08-04-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by hostage
Well I am actually thinking about selling my mag and getting an angel, I have 3 mags and I might sell two and get the owners used Angel for 750. I like mags thier cool, but angels make their guns great from the start. All this tinkering around with my mag upgrading it is a pain, though I think i fixed the problem to my lvl 10.
-Hostage

Actually, you won't get in any trouble.. and if anyone flames you, ignore 'em.

One question though, what tinkering around? Unless you're putting in aftermarket parts, there's nothing to really tinker with. Even with the lvl 10, it's a simple process. Unless you want to tweak it to work at it's peak (softest on paint).

Mags are known to be one of the most reliable markers around (if not arguably the most). They're known for their simplicity and durability, which even the most diehard cocker owner will admit to.

Just curious. I don't think it's a bad idea at all to sell two of your Mags for an Angel btw. As long as you keep one of your Mag's.

;)

Sir Chopsalot
08-04-2002, 03:08 AM
actually my gun is kaput at home and i take it to play and its kinda leaky with the lvl 10 sometimes but it works perfectly whenever im playing

DiRTyBuNNy
08-04-2002, 03:28 AM
hhhmmm...sounded like me and a cocker...but since i switched over to mag...no problems whatsoever...

MrMag
08-04-2002, 03:33 AM
that used to always happen when i had a mag..............................*drool* gz timmy *drool*

bigsarge72
08-04-2002, 05:30 AM
I'm wondering what all you guys did to your mags to have trouble with them. There's hardly anything that can go wrong with them (other than needing to replace an occasional seal or O-ring). The two mags I've owned in the past were some of the most trouble free guns I ever had.

sarge

paintbattler
08-04-2002, 07:48 AM
that always happens to me. one time, i my hopper fell off and the spacer ring that goes around the powerfeed got lost..finally i found it but about 3 minutes left in the game

hostage
08-04-2002, 08:57 AM
Well, the reason why I have so much trouble, is my gun has been extreamly upgraded, i basicly have a 7 year old pf mag that I just now upgraded. I put a new grip frame, ReTro valve, lvl 10, new barrel, and nitrogen. So I am having issues, if I were to buy a brand new mag where, AGD assembeled it fine, then I would have no issue with it. Well AGD sent me an oversize lvl 10 bolt, so the bolt was jaming in my barrel, that accounted for one week of hell, the time before that I didn't know my booyaah seliniod was underpowered for the ReTro, so i had to take that off. This weekend I didn't adjust the oring carrier for my new bolt that they just sent me, so it would stick i think. Well I define issues, never let me use your gun, cause I will find a problem with it.

Well I did get a good offer for that Angel, and I have like 3 i use to have 4 mags w/ me. I would like to try a new gun, that is already working. Well I will still have a mag, I am not saying one is better than the other, but if they made emags lighter then I would get one of them.
-Hostage

shartley
08-04-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by bigsarge72
I'm wondering what all you guys did to your mags to have trouble with them. There's hardly anything that can go wrong with them (other than needing to replace an occasional seal or O-ring). The two mags I've owned in the past were some of the most trouble free guns I ever had.

sarge
I thought the same thing. The only thing I do for my RT Pro is clean it, lube it, gas it up, shoot excess lube out, put on barrel, and go play. And the only other adjustment I made was to make sure my input pressure was what I wanted it to be for my reactiveness.

It has worked flawlessly, in my back yard, and on the field.

And then from reading the last post, I can see that the situation is rather unique. I am glad for the clarification so that people who stumble across this thread don’t think it is typical of Mags… but far from it. ;)

Jonno06
08-04-2002, 09:24 AM
i have a mag....that NEVER happens to me...

it always works fine,every time...

mag_pbg
08-04-2002, 09:50 AM
Not at the feild, but at like home paintball wars, ya. Everything will be working great, I wil go to a feild and get it chronoed, get fresh paint, new air, and then the second it start tank leaks, paintballs go everywhere, and nothing will work right. But it doesn't any more, no that I have gotten used to my mag.

hostage
08-04-2002, 11:12 AM
I am not knocking on mags or anything, but I have seen this with all guns, not just mags. I take good care of my mag, I oil it all the time, clean it, though I don't know, I get something new on it then all goes haywire.
-Hostage

shartley
08-04-2002, 11:22 AM
I am not knocking on mags or anything, but I have seen this with all guns, not just mags. I take good care of my mag, I oil it all the time, clean it, though I don't know, I get something new on it then all goes haywire.
-Hostage
My Wife and I were JUST talking about that. Kim is surprised how many people get “new” things that end up being more of a problem than what they were “designed” to correct, or “upgrade” (this is a general comment, not about any particular Paintball Marker or upgrade, but includes ALL products even non-paintball ones). I personally would rather have something that may be considered “last generation” but is PROVEN over the latest “just released” version that may sound great, but has NOT been proven.

I also subscribe to the saying:
“If it ain’t broke.. DON’T FIX IT!” :D (normally…. ;))

Python14
08-04-2002, 12:00 PM
All this tinkering around with my mag upgrading it is a pain....

What upgrading? Level 10, nitro, freak, and a revy. K.I.S.S.

Will Wood
08-04-2002, 02:13 PM
YES! Some one else has this problem too! Now I feel better. :) Wahoo. OK.

MrMag
08-04-2002, 03:04 PM
all my probs with my mag were weird. i would shoot it the night before and it would work fine. i would get to the field in the morning and BAM something was always wrong. whatever i dont have on anymore so i dont really care

Pand0ra
08-04-2002, 05:52 PM
It happens often to my friends, never to me.
Last time it was just before our first game at Toulouse.
Jokeless we got at the same time (45 minutes before the first match):

An O-ring on an Angel AIR which decided to move a bit and realease all the air in the tank. Not a real problem, corrected in 10 seconds.

A dead battery on an Angel.

And the best, a board which burned, on an Angel LCD. They told us it was due to the heat this day ROFLMAO.

I had also a problem on my Emag at Toulouse: I forgot to load the battery the second day. I saw it when entering the field for the last match.
It didn't have any impact, as I just switched to the mechanical mode hehehehe. I love Emags :p .

@++

BajaBoy
08-05-2002, 12:58 AM
once in a wile out of all of us maybe we would get a leak.. (usaly this kid with the spyder)

Polishpickles451
08-05-2002, 09:47 AM
when you have a cocker

you pray the night before

really hard :D

Cliffio
08-05-2002, 11:24 AM
your telling me, i played yesterday with some new friends and their cockers leaked all day, i thought it was funny, they all have new hinges and didnt adjust the 3-way properly, so they just leaked:)

funny actually

Cliff

CenterFire
08-05-2002, 11:33 AM
It's odd that you mention that. My mag hardly ever has any problems, big, small, or in between. But it seems like my friend's guns always have something or other wrong. And one of them shoots a mag too. A mag, a spyder, a cocker, and a GZ...Sadly, the one that most commonly has problems is the GZ, but we like to blame it on the owner ;)