PDA

View Full Version : Another "what to do" poll... I would appriciate your help...

InfinatyBPS
08-04-2002, 01:21 PM
Ok I have just over $300 after savin for a while... I am going to buy an eclipse hinge, and some Green dye stickys, then I will have about $200 left over, and I was wondering what I should do with that...

InfinatyBPS
08-04-2002, 01:25 PM
Right now I am leaning Tward the bizerk because it will give me a nice barrel with 3 different bore sized and I will still have enough money to play paintball...

Load SM5
08-04-2002, 01:30 PM
Do you find yourself needing different barrels? Do you use the same paint all of the time of go to different fields around your area? If you use the same paint whenever you go play then I would hold off on the barrel and use the money for paint and air. If you use different paint all the time or the weather is wreaking havoc on the paint then go for the barrel set.

InfinatyBPS
08-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Well, the only real problem I had with paint breakage was when I bought some cheap Diablo from Wal-Mart, I was breaking and chopping(not a barrel problem) left and right. But I try to get a good paint to barrel match when I can, but I always try to get the best deal on paint, I know sooner or later I'm going to get a case of paint that isn't going to fit well into my Dye SS and I am going to have more breaking problems. I don't get to play paintball much so when I do get to play I don't want to have my day messed up because of a large bore ball in my small-medium bore barrel. I suppose I could just get a cheap $20 barrel off ebay(a TASO) and use that because it is a pretty large bore barrel(thanks load :)) so that will help with some ball breakage...

DiRTyBuNNy
08-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Well..you might want to talk to Jeff_Pbdaddy...he's the distributor for those barrels and he gave me a special AO price for the new "Big 14" set +6 inserts...i think i paid $160 for the 6 set or it was $99 for the 3 insert set...

InfinatyBPS
08-04-2002, 02:33 PM
"Big 14"? Never heard of that barrel... who makes it?

paintbattler
08-04-2002, 03:32 PM
get a freak

InfinatyBPS
08-04-2002, 03:36 PM
Don't want a freak... don't like them, I'v heard bad things like, tips and backs not aligning, inserts not being snug in the back, inserts getting warped or dinted...

FreshmanBob
08-04-2002, 08:25 PM
*cough*Lapco*cough*betterdeal*cough*

oh man i must have one of those summer colds...:D

rx2
08-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Somehow I don't think that those barrels will fit his marker...

BajaBoy
08-05-2002, 01:22 AM
lol, spend your money on an 80$ barrel then use the rest2 play and test it out

Wat
08-05-2002, 10:30 AM
For $90 you can get both a lapco autospirit and bigshot. These two barrels will cover 90+% of the paint out there.

Freaks are not worth the money. The same batch of paint can vary in size more than the step between inserts. I once grabed a handful of paint out of one case that fit in 3 different sizers.

As for freaks being able to swap backs, for under the price of a freak kit, i got 4 lapcos for my cocker and mag.

covadsucks
08-05-2002, 12:25 PM
Infinity, I got a SP big Daddy .689 that'll shoot anything. It can be had for 40 bux, it's brand new and never been used. Only reason I know it'll shoot anything is that this is the second one I've had. PM me so we can work something out if you are interested.

InfinatyBPS
08-05-2002, 02:27 PM
RX2: I have a cocker, all GOOD barrels fit cockers.:D

WAT: Sorry, I don't realy want 2 lapco barrels for $90 when I can get a Bizerk for $80 and have 3 inserts of my choice...

Covadsucks: What is the length? I kind of want a 12, mabe a 14, but I think BD are only available in 16 and 18.

Right now I am thinkging that I will probably buy a cheap TASO barrel off of ebay for like $20 because I need to buy a jersey for a tournie, and I want some money for admission and stuff :) So ya, I am probably gonna do that, thanks for your help, your suggestions may still be usefull.

magman007
08-05-2002, 02:38 PM
invest in some cp barrels, there really good, and worth the money. get 2 single piece, one in small bore, and one in large. Don at modified paintball has em for like 40 a piece

InfinatyBPS
08-05-2002, 03:18 PM
I just looked for barrels on ebay and I got a OTP G3 for $30 and its big bore so, not much breaking problems will be had...

Bartleby
08-05-2002, 03:26 PM
Honestly, i'd go with the bigshot and the autospirit. For 80 bucks you can get both of those, which, as stated previously, will cover more than 90% of the paint out there. Now, as for comparying those two to a Bizerk for 80, there is a difference. The bizerk has inserts and, like the freak, is not entirely consistent as there is a step from the breach, to the insert, and then again into the barrel tip. The lapcos will be consistent throughout.

Personally, i have a freak and i love it. One of the greatest upgrades to my gun. While people say that the inserts dent and warp easily, all you have to do to prevent that is take good care of it. this should go without saying.

As for the bore inconsistency in a bag of balls, it truly depends on the company and overall quality of the paint. Sure, i've had brass eagle crap that would have been better use as ammunition for a slingshot, but many companies also pride themselves on consistency. If you don't pay the extra cash for good paint, then yeah, you'll see inconsistency. But if you do chip in that extra couple of bucks, then it will make your barrel purchase pay off.

covadsucks
08-05-2002, 05:14 PM
SP Big Daddy is in the not so rare 12" form. They were available from 12" to 18" if I am not mistaken.

rx2
08-05-2002, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by InfinatyBPS
[B]RX2: I have a cocker, all GOOD barrels fit cockers

Whoops! The post I was referring to has been deleted. He suggested a barrel milled for mags, which of course wouldn't fit a cocker, without a bit of work.

InfinatyBPS
08-05-2002, 07:48 PM
oh ok :)

I already bought a big(huge) bore OTP barrel, I should have it soon, I think I have enough barrels to match most paint with a .687 dye, a .689 stock and a .692 OTP I should be good for a while... thanks tho...

SI|ENT|3O|3
12-17-2002, 10:04 PM
get a j&j edge...4 backs...nice front your choice length...your choice of color front...only 115 @ paintballdiscounters.com...i'm getting one for xmas. its nice.
-sebastian

InfinatyBPS
12-18-2002, 01:12 AM
Why the heck do people keep bringing up my old threads lol...:rolleyes: :confused:

SI|ENT|3O|3
12-18-2002, 08:06 AM
its weird...im sorry...i thought i was looking at the new posts and didn't look at the date...forgive me please.
-sebastian