PDA

View Full Version : Hm..Fun day at a tourney

Will Wood
08-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Well...Impulse buying? You know when you see something and you just gotta have it then? Well I'm now a Automag SS Freak +2 insert proud owner. All for $135! New! WAhoo!

Well anyhoo..It was the NEPS at oxford. Nice feild, nice guys there. We two minor conflicts with the refs...but it's all good. They have a tough job. They did a good job.

First of all...Gun problems galore!! Bushmaster with a screwed up Vig. Reg..Wasn't getting enough pressure in, pressure to high, tank o rings busted...AHhhhhh For all but like 2 games he couldn't fire more then 3 balls a second or it would screw up!

My warp wasnt working good with my crappy intelli feed work at 2 in the morning today. My velocity was screwd up too! It was either too low and the bolt wouldnt shoot, or too high as to it would leak out back. had to live with the leak and adjust it every game. (wouldn't shoot if I left it for like 5 mins, had to turn up)

The only working gun was an Angel. ("ME" on these forums) but left out in the sun had to be cooled off with ice before working...lol whats with that? If the tempt. gets too high angels wont shoot.

My level 10 saved me from 2 chops, although I did have one break down my new prity freak.

We had some good games, and some bad games (Well..Maybe alot)

First game was interesting...Off the break one on other side got out. Before I knew it I was only one left. I lucked out at looked left just as I was about to be bunkered...and got the guy first. Another second and I woulda got out. 1v1 now..we both got each other out in the mask same time, after I got a bounce on him earlier.

Got annihalted by Extreme Green the few games guns were working. Both on part of their excilent play, and our dumbness that had no stragety that game.

Unfortuanly gun problems during VS sharkshooters, tubbes and jake and some other dude. I don't care how many time we will loose to them, doesn't make up for when I bunkered both of them in the rear (Got cover fire, ran the whole feild and behind the two and shot em each in the 6)

I got a good bunker don't know vs who tho. Ran up to get the flag..Reached to the side of bunker and there was no flag. Luckily he didn't hear me yell out cover me as I ran around the corner and shot off 3 or 4 at him. I think this was our only max.

It was a good over all aditude..no argueing...nice freindly tournament. Probably will start practicing there.

Well anyways this probably should belong in Tech ... but If anyone wants to tell me what could be wrong with my intelliframe and velocity....

Oh yea we got 4th in our division...just about a 100 points shy of 3rd place. And lost 28 points for a 308 chrono.

EnderWigginPballin
08-04-2002, 05:01 PM
hey man.... No one on your team has ever heard of a "backup gun"????

for situations where your primary guns aren't working. Even something cheap like a Black Dragun would be better than playing with a Bushmaster shooting 3 bps

Me
08-04-2002, 05:08 PM
lol, it was an intresting day.
i have a back up cocker, but it is also broken....errrrg
all 3 guns worked somewhat, if not all every game though.
I had a good time.
note to anyone w/ angels on a hot day. bring an ice pack and a cloth. it will save you.

EnderWigginPballin
08-04-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Me

i have a back up cocker, but it is also broken....errrrg

hmmm..... ya need a back-up for for you back-up

lol..... I've never seen an Angel do something like that. Write a nasty letter to WDP

Me
08-04-2002, 05:21 PM
yah, they'l do that. but the cocker is a '96 or '97. i aquired it in a trade. decided to keep it.
and i dont have a back up to the back up....well unless you count a stingray, wooot

Sinnet
08-04-2002, 05:43 PM
hey guys- I was at the end of the tournament today- kid in black cargoes and a white shirt, saw the finals. Will Wood- what team were you on? I think I only saw one person with an intelli there, it must have been you. I saw a couple mag users (not including myself. Well, I also played speedball for the first time, after the tournament, with two of the teams. Much better than woodsball, imo.

on a side note- I stuck my finger in some guy's level 10... even he was too afraid to do it, as were all his friends :)

Me
08-04-2002, 06:26 PM
we are The Usual Suspects
Will has the inteli mag w/o grips.

Sinnet
08-04-2002, 06:38 PM
what were you shooting in the later games Me? I can't remember which team had who, it's all blurring together :)

what do you look like?

Me
08-04-2002, 06:45 PM
I'm shooting a redish angel and i'm a bigger fellow. we did not make it to the playoffs, nor did we stick around. i have a blue ize mask. my team mates have a bushy and willber w/ his mag and he has a pink mask

Sinnet
08-04-2002, 07:02 PM
hmmm... I think I might have missed you guys, I got there at ~1:20. Nice fields, but its kinda a long drive from Cape Elizabeth. speedball is so fun :D

do you think your team will be playing in the friday night league there or next weekend at all?

my friends and I might hafta go again

Me
08-04-2002, 07:28 PM
ooooooo. friday night league? me like the sound of that
we're in.
we were actually looking for a place to play fri anyways.
we were going to go to rogue's field shop and maybie bennets.
what time does this friday night 5 league start? do i have to sign up anywhere?

Sinnet
08-04-2002, 08:22 PM
check your pm's me

Will Wood
08-04-2002, 09:34 PM
I want a PM too! We are on same team. lol. I think Sinnet where you the guy I talked to at the AIR fill? It is a nice drive for me, 20 minutes :) And I got a amazing deal on a freak too! 135 for a SS Automag freak and 2 inserts. Oh yea rich I bought another when I was there. I think that will start to be our usual feild to play at...Great guys and a great feild.

Back up gun..hehe..we are too cheap.

Sinnet
08-04-2002, 10:27 PM
i don't think i was that guy will... maybe that was one of my friends (there weren't many people there w/o a jersey on).

20 minutes, bah! it was an hour for us!

Me
08-04-2002, 10:48 PM
its 2 for me
anyways. will, we should all pitch in and buy a dragun. 90 bucks. a team back up