PDA

View Full Version : E-mag grip frames

epterry
08-04-2002, 03:08 PM
Ok I still cant post pictures, and I did a search. But I wanted to know what the difference in some of the e-mag grip frames. Because some of them seem to be molded to your hand while the others seem to be more like a battery pack at 45 degrees. Thanks

Blennidae
08-04-2002, 03:32 PM
If you take a look in the thread about the extremes for IAO, you'll be able to see the difference. The straight grips also have a hole milled under the HES, where the curved ones don't.

ben_JD
08-04-2002, 07:24 PM
What is the HES? What is the difference between the two grip styles? I understand that one is straight and one is curved, but why is that significant; why was the change made?

Blennidae
08-04-2002, 07:39 PM
HES = Hall Effect Sensor. The part that senses the magnetic field that activates the solenoid.

I think the changes were made to save weight. I personally like the way the curve looks, but it is a handfull. I don't know how much weight was saved.

epterry
08-04-2002, 10:44 PM
can you still get the curved ones?:cool:

BajaBoy
08-05-2002, 01:02 AM
it looks like the annoed ones or extreem/sfl/mirco are strait.. and the black one is curved..

Blennidae
08-05-2002, 08:19 AM
I don't know if you can still get the curved ones. I got mine from AGD just a few months ago and it has the curve. I think most are now straight. I don't think color is the deciding factor. I have seen here on AO an annodized with a curved frame (Curly's) and a black one with a straight frame (Dirty bunny's)