PDA

View Full Version : Erratic Velocity Problem

MikeCouves
08-04-2002, 03:17 PM
I played with my mag today. It was brutal. I am getting like +/- 10 FPS. It's REALLY annoying. I didn't have time to be tinkering with it on the field.

It's either:

Binding Spring Pack

or

Regulator Piston O-Ring

I noticed my first shot of a string was hot, so I will just need to replace that, the thing is, I only have one extra. Is there any way you can buy like 10 without having to get a bunch of parts kits.

The only thing is, how do I take the Regulator Piston out? Do I unscrew that large allen hole in the back of the velocity adjuster? I don't know how to do it.

InvisibleBill
08-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Hi. I believe you unscrew the reg nut (the thing with allen wrench hole). Good luck. IB

rikkter
08-04-2002, 09:29 PM
thats your reg oring. just clean it, you may not need to buy a new one. parts kit islike 20 for regular mags and it comes with 2 or 3 of them. just rub your thumb on it and try again.

to take that off just unscrew your velocity adjuster

MikeCouves
08-05-2002, 09:04 AM
Well I replaced the reg seat if that's what you mean. I also greased the piston o-ring with automotive grease, and the spring pack with automotive grease, and put the proper stuff on the reg nut threads. The manual said it could also be spring binding. So I screwed the reg nut all the way in, and all the way out. I tested my mag out in the backyard with 3 week old paint, and it seemed to shoot perfect. The thing is, that could have been at a long velocity so I will have to wait till next time I play or get a hold of a chrono.