PDA

View Full Version : RTPro valve in classic body question

Zygote
08-04-2002, 05:19 PM
I have an RTPro valve that I've been using in a micromag body with no problems. Everything seems to work fine with that setup. I've put together an automag that I want to use this valve with but when I put it in, I can fire once and then...nothing. I can still move the trigger, the pressure pushes it back but I can't shoot. I'm guessing it might be tolerance issues with the sear not releasing the bolt correctly or something to do with the on/off pin. Anyone have any suggestions I can try to get this working?

rikkter
08-04-2002, 09:17 PM
is the barrel getting in the way? i had this problem today when borrowing my teammates barrel

Zygote
08-04-2002, 09:58 PM
No, it can't be the barrel. I've tried dry firing with the barrel both on and off.

Zygote
08-06-2002, 10:20 AM
I still need help with this if anyone has any suggestions on what to try.

codeJockey
08-06-2002, 11:49 AM
I'm willing to bet the tolerances are off. I had a similar problem with one of my Mags a while back. If there is any front-to-back play between the body & the rail, try pushing the body as far to the front as you can before tightening the front body screw. On mine, if the body was set too far back on the rail (and we're only talking about 1mm difference, here...) if would never let the bolt go after the first trigger pull.

TheMagMan
08-06-2002, 06:28 PM
Zygote, I had the same setup with almost the same problem. With mine the trigger was very very stiff with no bounce at all. What I did was took a fine tooth file and shaved the on/off pin down just a hair and tested it out without over doing it each time.

Also are you using the same bolt/spring as you were before or a bolt that came with the RTPro valve?

Here's a pic of my old setup

Zygote
08-06-2002, 07:00 PM
I'm using the bolt and spring that came with the RTPro valve, which is the same one I was using in the micromag body. I thought it might be the on/off pin but I figured I'd get a little feedback before I tried anything drastic. Any idea if it's possible to order different length pins so I can try a couple out without potentially ruining one?

TheMagMan
08-06-2002, 07:20 PM
Well the way I see it .. you might as well try your luck with the one you have now. If your ordering a new one that's shorter your still going to be waiting for it in the mail. Or if you mess up your current one your going to have to order another one anyway.

Zygote
08-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Magman, I think you're right. I just looked in the online store and the on/off pin for the Retro valve is .750 while the pin for the RTPro valve, which I've been using, is .765. Looks like I have to shave off .015. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.