PDA

View Full Version : Make your own fomies!!!

Dynamo55
08-04-2002, 05:22 PM
Getting tired of replacing those expensive foamies. Or they always seem to fall off at the worst times.(like when you don't have any more) I have found that neoprene(sp?) works alot better than regular foamies. Why, its softer which alows the super glue to adhere to it better. Cheap, an 8 1/2 X 11 X 1/4 inch piece is about 97cents and you get about 100 of them. Easy to find(even on sunday)
You can get neoprene at Wal-mart, K-mart or any fabric store. Easy to make, Make a template by using a factory foamie. Done by using a marker and a tooth pick. Make a "stamper" out of the original foamie. Stamp your way around your pad of neoprene. Then using a sharp razor(exacto knife works best) cut them out. Time consuming but is goes fast after a while.
Then superglue to the bolt. The bottom first then the three corners(let set then peal the corner back a little then add a drop of glue.) You can use 1/2inch neoprene but you'll have to shave it down some. Let me know how it works out.

Dynamo55
08-04-2002, 05:35 PM
Neoprene is also known as Craft foam or Stamping foam. It comes in all sorts of colors. 1/4inch works the best. If they don't sell it in sheets try to find it in the stamp form. Craft Foam used for lots of stuff. You'll just have "feild strip" the stamp. I have been useing them for about a month now and the last about 4500rds. Just keep checking them after each day of play or just replace it.

BajaBoy
08-05-2002, 09:49 PM
wow do u really go through them that fast? i never had them untill i got my lvl10.. and i havent played with it yet