PDA

View Full Version : BooYah vs. Intelliframe

Sinnet
08-04-2002, 06:03 PM
Well, after attending a tournament for the first time today (great fun even to watch, at NEPS) and seeing everyone rip on the trigger, I'm thinking about upgrading from the single-trigger stock. My question is- would you go with the booyah or an intelli. I figure i'd get more RoF with the booyah, but I like mechanical triggers. I guess i'm afraid that even with an intelli, I wouldnt have a very good RoF, and that the Booyah would help a lot. Any downsides to the booyah?

what would you get?
why?

TRIAD
08-04-2002, 06:07 PM
The BooYah has the WORST trigger in the world, i've held it and wonder who designed it. Intellis are nice, again, I've held one, not bad, performance depends on whether you have retro or not.

hostage
08-04-2002, 06:23 PM
TRAID, do you know what your talking about? Boo-yaahs a great frames, they have many ups and downs. The two main problems I have seen, is you might have to get a new sear if your gun is really old, like mine was, also you might have to adjust they silinoid. A lot of people didn't think to call Mako or ask for help, so they just get pissed and talk crap. Also, the booyaah has issues running on the ReTro valve, due to the reactive trigger, the selinoid is underpowered. The advantages for the boo-yaah, gives you a mouse click trigger pull, timer, ball count, and it works great. Also you can stick 9v batteries in there that last forever! If you need any help with it I could help you.

As far as the inteliframe, I think they are two differen't things, I know less about the inteliframe, and there are a lot more people who could better awnser your questions on it. From what I hear, it syncronoizes the hopper with the gun. If I am correct.

If you have any questions about the boo-yaah LMK, also I am trying to sell mine, just cause I have 3 mags and I use my ReTro mag, which is incompatible with the frame. I could even install it for which seems to be the only issue that people have with it. If you have a ReTro valve stick with it, the less complex your gun is the less problems you will have. K.I.S.S : Keep IT Simple Stuiped
hope this helps
-Hostage

BajaBoy
08-04-2002, 06:35 PM
u gotta try both, Tom my friend got a booyaah mayne in june, it didnt work on 800psi input so he got a 2nd reg (airamirca) b-c his tank was preset. and u will need some kinda good feed warp i think would work.. anyway he spent ALOT and now knowing he is just getting a emag.. so ide go 4 intell bc u know nothing can go wrong and will work out of the box

And i have a custom benchy 3.6mm pull i think.. and the trig return is 4mm away from the frame (alot of custom work including the sear) and lvl10.. i can shoot just as fast without haveing to worrie.. im not kidding either.. so ide go with the intell

hope this helps

Timmee
08-04-2002, 07:39 PM
I just got a Boo Yaah frame, and after hearing some of the horror stories about the poor quality and difficult installation, I was wondering if I made the right choice. Fortunately, I had no problems with the installation. I replaced the on/off with the one that was sent with the frame (I bought the frame used, don't know if the on/off is included with new frames), changed the power tube spacer (because after installation, it leaked with the spacer that was in there), and so far, it seems fine. I'll be putting paint through it on Tuesday, so I'll let you know how it works out in actual play.

Blazingace
08-04-2002, 07:56 PM
BUY A HYPERFRAME!!!!!! It installs in seconds, works great with a Retro and absolutely rips. I have an Intelli also and I loved it. I got a good deal on a new Hyper and thought that I would try it out. The intelli, as I think you know, is a mechanical double trigger that you can set up to run your hopper. If you have a retro valve it is super fast. You can also get one for like 100 bucks used. I love the hyperframe though. The major problems I see are if the battery goes so do you. If you don't feed it fast enough and you don't have lvl 10 you might chop paint, it is that fast. I outshot my 12v revvy. If you have an x-board revvy that helps alot. I also heard that it eats bolts and sears, but I have not had it long enough to find out. If you want to go electro frame get a Hyper. If you want to stay mechanical go Intelli. Both are well worth the money.

hostage
08-04-2002, 08:19 PM
On my booyaah I have never seen any problems with eating, I would like to see for myself how a Hyper frame would work w/ a ReTro valve before I installed, I don't want to repeat the mistakes with my booyaah. If you have lvl 10 and a Classic, then go with the booyaah, it is cheaper than the hyperframe and has more modes. Hopes this helps
-Hostage

paintbattler
08-04-2002, 08:30 PM
get an intelliframe. and then get a retro w/ the left over money

TRIAD
08-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Yeah, go intelli, and what I was saying about both frames was feel. The booyah's trigger is like an inch wide and straight, it isn't curved, it's just straight, maybe this was an older model.